Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

CCFL Angel eyes onto my projector lamps are legal during day

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon May 08, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi! I'm planning to get a pair of the CCFL Angel eyes onto my projector lamps.. I'm just wondering, is it legal to have them on during day/night?

For you guys who already have those angel eyes, how did you guys wire up the eyes? Do you guys have a switch to turn them on?

Thank you!!
GoldenRod

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:02 am

Since I think all new BMWs have them, and a lot of cars have daytime running lights, and I've never seen or heard of a law not permitting you to have white lights in the front on during the day, I can't see it being a problem. cerwin.gif
stasis-

Post Tue May 09, 2006 6:19 am

pretty sure its legal
alerored2000

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:55 pm

if its white i say leagal....i know they make different color ones like blue/red..those i'd be careful about...i was drivin around with the light blue on my inferno kit and got pulled over...he said that you cant have any color except white/yellow comming from the front of the car (but all thats a diff. story) i say that white is good...colors, be careful
nightlifelove

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:11 pm

thanks guys~~~ yeah I'm only going for the white ones...

Here's the question, I was told to wire the CCFL into my parking lamps...but then my parking lights are my turn signal lights too...so basically if my turn signal lights flashes, the CCFL will flashes too.. is there a way to make it constant? I don't want to get attentions from Cops during night icon_wink.gif
NeonStyl

Post Tue May 09, 2006 5:00 pm

nightlifelove wrote:
thanks guys~~~ yeah I'm only going for the white ones...

Here's the question, I was told to wire the CCFL into my parking lamps...but then my parking lights are my turn signal lights too...so basically if my turn signal lights flashes, the CCFL will flashes too.. is there a way to make it constant? I don't want to get attentions from Cops during night icon_wink.gif

Yea, you can just wire them to anoher power source or directly to the battery and have the angel eyes on their own separate on/off switch. Up to you, really.

L8R,
kardain

Post Fri May 12, 2006 10:47 pm

The turn sigs should be a 3 wire setup: one for park, one for turn, one for ground. Tap off the park wire and they won't blink with the turn signal.
nightlifelove

Post Sun May 14, 2006 7:19 pm

kardain wrote:
The turn sigs should be a 3 wire setup: one for park, one for turn, one for ground. Tap off the park wire and they won't blink with the turn signal.

OHHHH~~ RIGHT RIGHT!!! hahaha thank you for telling that!! icon_biggrin.gif
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Page 1 of 1