Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

White underglow in Tennessee?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I know blue & red underglow is illegal in Tennessee, but what about white??
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 pm

probably not....just dont make if flash, scan...etc...just run straight white...and if you get pulled over for it youll know
A-Ray

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 am

I have yet to find a color in TN that is illegal. I have mine set to red 90% of the time. Jdusty sets his on blue 90% of the time. jDusty and I have tried pretty much every color you can and neither one of us of had any trouble with the law concerning the UB. Heck, not that I have the V2, I will ride with teh multi color on and haven't had any trouble.

Also, if you notice the stick at the top of this part of the forum, jDusty has a link to lighting laws. According to TN law and experiences jdusty has had, red/blue are not illegal unless flashing.

Where you happen to be at in east TN?
Fo_SheeZy

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 am

They are really strict about red and blue around here, flashing or not. I got pulled over again last night for the second time for my blue LED's above the license tag.. of course it all depends on the officer. Some are out to get you and others don't really care. The reason they are so strict is because about a month or two ago someone was pulled over by what they thought was a police officer, but it happened to be someone with blue lights in there car so they pulled a gun on this lady on the side of the road and raped her... I live in Johnson City about an hour from Knoxville.
04yellowf150

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:57 pm

oooo johnson city, i been to some car audio competitions down there
The_Mastor

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Some cops make white illegal in the rear because ya know, reverse lights are white. So be careful with that since I am assuming you have a rear tube on there icon_smile.gif
Drifting10

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm

find a cop and ask him or her... poke.gif
Fo_SheeZy

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:07 am

Drifting10 wrote:
find a cop and ask him or her... poke.gif
Yeah I might just have to do that!
A-Ray

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:26 pm

The cops in my area of TN are ho help. Their response to me was "You're on the edge, Be careful." And that was just with a blaze kit, I would hate to here what they would say with my V2 now.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:27 pm

State Troopers are the worse.. they will pull you over for anything!
lbjshaq2345

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 pm

icon_surprised.gif Johnson City? never seen you around town...

might want to print this page out and keep it in your car, solid white is legal, flashing white or blue isn't.

http://michie.lexisnexis.com/tennessee/lpext.dl...plates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=
Fo_SheeZy

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Dang man you've never seen me? I'm always around ETSU and at Food City, that's where I work.. lol

But anyways when I click that link it takes me to the main page, I don't see anything?
jdusty914

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:05 am

pull up the link and then there is a folder to the left...click it...then find motor vehicles...then blue flashing lights section...

As A-Ray just recently found out, It is somewhat up to the interpretation of the cop, but most of them do not even know the law about lighting....

If we can help you with anything else just let us know...

I personally keep the state law in my glove box just in case there is a butthole cop that just does not know the law...Just to be on the safe side...
jdusty914

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:11 am

55-9-414. Blue flashing emergency lights on motor vehicles unlawful Exception Penalty.

(a) (1) It is unlawful for anyone to install, maintain or exhibit blue flashing emergency lights or blue flashing emergency lights in combination with red flashing emergency lights, except full-time, salaried, uniformed law enforcement officers of the state, county, or city and municipal governments of the state, and commissioned members of the Tennessee bureau of investigation when their official duties so require as defined by 38-8-106 and 38-8-107.

The only way in the state of Tennessee for white to be illegal, is if it is pointed toward the rear of the vehicle...

Hope this helps...
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:22 pm

That helps a lot man, I really appreciate it!!
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 am
Page 1 of 1