Store || Gallery
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick
Picture of the Day
Photo of the day 08/30/14
Today (0)
Photo of the day 08/29/14
Yesterday (1)

CA Vehicle Code (Lighting)

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:09 am

Hey how's it going peeps?

Yes, I know that some of the lighting out there being used is illegal. Having said that...it depends a lot of the cop and such...but anywho...Rule of Law is everyting....so here it is..
I pasted some immidiate things u ppl might want to know and the link to the entire Vehilcle Code...in case u're bored.. or were wondering if your next mod is legal or not.

"Vehicle Code 25400 - (b) ANY DIFFUSED NONGLARING LIGHT SHALL NOT DISPLAY RED TO THE FRONT, BUT MAY DISPLAY OTHER COLORS. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the visibility or effectiveness of any required lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle."

but...

"
375. "Lighting equipment" is any of the following lamps or devices:

(a) Any headlamp, auxiliary driving, passing, or fog lamp, fog taillamp, taillamp, stoplamp, supplemental stoplamp, license plate lamp, clearance lamp, side marker lamp, signal lamp or device, supplemental signal lamp, deceleration signal device, cornering lamp, running lamp, red, blue, amber, or white warning lamp, flashing red schoolbus lamp, side-mounted turn signal lamp, and schoolbus side lamp."

I don't see neon UB lights there icon_sad.gif... what about "supp. signal lamp" if u hook up your LED to function as turn sigs...youwldn't that be considered that... a supp sig lamp?

anyway..here's the link...make your own decisions..

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc_index_l.htm
See.. Lights and Lighting
GoldenRod

Gallery
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Last updated: 11/26/05

2000 Dodge Dakota
Last updated: 09/29/06

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:44 am

logik wrote:

I don't see neon UB lights there icon_sad.gif... what about "supp. signal lamp" if u hook up your LED to function as turn sigs...youwldn't that be considered that... a supp sig lamp?

anyway..here's the link...make your own decisions..

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc_index_l.htm
See.. Lights and Lighting

It basically means that a cop can still give you a ticket if he feels like it. Since UB isn't being explicitly mentioned, it is interpreted. If a cop interprets it as illegal, unfortunately, it's illegal... icon_sad.gif
The time now is Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:14 pm
Page 1 of 1