Store || Gallery
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick
Picture of the Day
Photo of the day 10/31/14
Today (0)
Photo of the day 10/30/14
Yesterday (0)

Came across a fatal car accident last night

Author

Gallery
2002 Honda Civic
Last updated: 02/17/04

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:00 am

(Warning: this post gets a little bit graphic)

I went home around 1:00am, checked in with my mom, then snuck out at 1:20am. Some friends picked me up and we headed over to my other friend's house.

At about 1:30 we pull up to the scene of a horrible accident. It couldn't have happened more than a minute before we got there, we were the second car there.

A white Audi had hit a telephone pole. They must have been going pretty ****ing fast. The speed limit was 25 I think...they were probably going at least double that. The whole passenger side of the car was ripped apart. The driver was fine. He was calling 911 and telling his friend not to move. Why? His friend was pinned underneath the rear passenger side of the car, tangled in the door and body of the car. The passenger SEAT was about 20 feet away. The entire bumper was also about 20 feet away, as was one of the tires. There was debris within maybe a 75 foot radius and I'd say what was left of the car was about 50 feet from the telephone pole (which was severely chewed up). Somehow both the front and the rear of the car was completely mangled.

We got out but there wasn't much we could do. The guy (about 20 years old) was pinned under the car and we didn't know what was broken so we tried to get him to stop from moving. Also he was bleeding. It seemed like forever before the police and paramedics got there, but I guess it couldn't have been more than a few minutes.

I don't know why, but the 4 of us sat down kinda far away and watched them get the guy out. It took them like 15 minutes to get him out. Our cars were blocked in (actally we left the keys in our cars and the police moved one guys car) by all the emergency vehicles (there mus have been 2 ambulances, 3 fire trucks, and 4-5 police cars, but only one guy was hurt badly) so we finally left the scene around 3am but it seemed like forever.

Later we heard an officer talking on his radio telling someone it was a fatal accident. I thought they got the guy out of wreckage alive so he must have died on the way to the hospital.

I'm sure all the EMS/EMT and law enforcement officers (and anyone else who has had a similar experience) know how i feel. It really shook me up. Seeing the driver walking around with no major injuries, hearing him tell his friend who was dying he was sorry, seeing a case of beer that was apparently thrown from the car (I don't know if they were drinking or not, but I'd guess they were), the flashing lights from the emergency vehicles, seeing the guy pinned under the car with his arm comepletely **** up, seeing a stream of blood on the road...everything about it made me sick. It was unreal.

I feel really bad, I just keep thinking to myself what if there was something I could have done to save him.

Sorry, I don't know what the point of this post was, maybe just to get it all out there, maybe to warn people. It seems like there have been so many bad car accidents this year. About a month ago a classmate died in a car accident in the same town (my town). Supposedly he was drunk, high, not wearing his seatbelt, going 100MPH on a curvy road at 5:00am...thats just asking for trouble, but I still feel bad for him and even more so for his parents (and family and friends). Also a couple months ago my friend was in a bad accident and he was in a coma for a little bit. He totaled his dads BMW 8 Series. My girlfriends mom totaled her car. My friend totaled his friends BMW (SAME friend who totaled his dads BMW). My girlfriend was in a fender bender. I hit a curb and **** up two tires and wheels.

Last edited by cheesy on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
pontiac4evr_14

Gallery
1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Last updated: 04/11/04

1998 Pontiac Grand Am
Last updated: 01/07/12

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:24 pm

that sounds really horrable. i think the reason you wanted to talk about it was its the way alot of people cope with tramatizing events. friday i was at a electric car race which im part of a team we had to go to another teams school to weld are car. well any ways a 8 day earlyer one girl died driving the electric car she wasnt on the team she was a middle school who got to drive it as a demistation. she wasnt going over 15 mph when she hit the curb and lost control an hit her helmet on a hand rail while still in the car. the guy driving in front of her stopped to help he was the first one to see her the rail hit her directly in between the 3 inch slot in the helmet. im sure she was dead but she wasnt pronounced till she got to the hospitle. well while we were at the school the kid who seen her first started talking to my instructer about the accedent. after he was done he thanked my instructer for just lisening. he said he wouldnt have been able to make it thought the week with out his friends family teaches and counsolers to talk to. he says everynight he sees the girls face. i hope you dont have to go thought that.
Goph

Gallery
1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Last updated: 09/04/04

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Last updated: 05/11/06

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:50 pm

damn thats to bad
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Gallery
2001 Toyota Highlander
Last updated: 08/02/08

2000 Toyota 4Runner
Last updated: 05/28/07

2006 Scion tC
Last updated: 11/12/07

2002 GMC Sierra
Last updated: 08/02/08

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:02 pm

You'll probably think about it a lot for a couple weeks and then it will get less and less and after a year you won't really think about it at all...

I dunno but there has gotta be some way to get it outta ur mind sooner.
cheesy

Gallery
2002 Honda Civic

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:07 pm

its not really haunting me, but every so often i think about it. after the paramedics got there i was under the impression that he would be ok. when i found out he died it was just shocking. i didn't even know him.
vice

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:50 pm

man thats crazy
omega

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:47 pm

man that is crazy, I was in a bad accident once, i had a SUV ram into the passenger side door of a tiny like 89 nissan sentra at about 35 and I was sitting in the seat, but somehow I walked away, I got someone to take a picture, and they only had black and white film so it looked really errie I was told I was lucky to be alive, the person who's car it was had it mounted and framed and gave it to me, I can't find it, but it really made me think about my mortality and everyone elses, i still couldn't tell you why I was ok, but I'm glad I was. After a while it leaves your mind, until you read something like this.
cheesy

Gallery
2002 Honda Civic

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:18 pm

sorry i brought back memories icon_sad.gif
Goph

Gallery
1995 Pontiac Grand Prix

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:49 am

I saw a truck role like 5-6 times on the interstate and the guy was flowen from it. I also almost hit about 5 cars when i'm turning in to my lane or onto a road with a tractor because they don't look at the turning light, on of them times i could have took of a girls head if i didn't stop in time, I locked up the brakes so hard i left a 3ft long skid mark at the end of the lane with the tractor when i was going about 10-15mph. some people really need to learn how to drive better before they heart them self or someone else bad
Hub City Glower

Gallery
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
Last updated: 02/14/04

Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:57 am

i'v almost been in 2 head on colisions my self and i;v only been driveing since december. the latest one i ame around a corner and a nother car was in my lane passing ppl that were stoped at a red light trying to make it to the road he wanted. so i came around the corner seen him and slamed on the breaks then the ******* had the nerve to honk his horn at me like it was my fault. i let him go but i fallowed him and got his license plate number and seen if he took beer or anything out of his car but he didn;t so i let it go. he was going like 50 km'h in my lane so if i hit him it would of been pretty bad. the only accident i have had was on the dirt road where i live. i was a new driver and my dad was teaching me how to drive in slipery conditions. so i did fine but on the way down our road he pulls the emergency break. the back end of the car slides out so i let off the gas and try to corect it but i over corected and the rear passenger side wheel goes into the ditch. so i floor it to try and get the car out of the ditch. and i do then i stop. no real dammage **** my ub kit up but my dad payed to get it fixed. a few chips in the paint. and a cut tire. but on the other side of the ditch is a cliff. i'm very lucky we didn't go any further then we did.
cheesy

Gallery
2002 Honda Civic

Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:27 pm

Well, since i haven't heard anything in the news about the accident I decided to call our police department. Apparently nobody died in that accident, but the guy is still in critical condition. That is somewhat of a relief, but I hope he's going to be ok.

Its weird knowing I've been mourning the death of a guy who didn't actually die. But he did come damn close to it.
Goph

Gallery
1995 Pontiac Grand Prix

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:46 pm

that is good news he is not dead
The time now is Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm
Page 1 of 1