If you want to know how to wire a 3 way switch but can’t find a decent 3 way switch wiring diagram anywhere. Never fear, it’s really simple to do. All you’ll need are 2 SPDT- single pole double throw switches, or simply put, 3 way switches.
- You’ll have 4 wires, the 2 connecting to the led and battery power are your “common” wires, and the other 2 connecting to the terminals, or loose ends of the common wires, are your “travelers.
- Start by wiring the common wire of the first switch, this one should connect to the power source.
- The common of the second switch needs to connect to the load.
- Wire 1 traveler from the one switch’s terminal to the terminal on the other switch.
- Repeat the process with the second traveler.