Is your light bar draining your battery?
There are many reasons why your newly installed light bar might be draining your battery, we suggest you do the following checks:
- Connect your light bar directly to the vehicle battery or another DC voltage source. If you going to use a power supply, make sure its voltage output is within the light bar’s specifications. Also, make sure it can supply the maximum current your light bar draws.
- Use a wire gauge that matches or exceeds the maximum current of your LED light bar.
- Fuse power wires to the expected current draw, not the wire size.
- Use an automotive switching relay if the light bar draws 10A or greater.
- With or without a relay, use a cab switch rated for at least 10 amps.
- Secure the relay to a suitable location, and test the light to make sure the circuit works.
- Use waterproof wiring connectors. Check for these at a local marine shop.
- Avoid unnecessary splices, but use a snap-in connector at the light bar to ease removal.