Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

CB antenna for a Police Scanner?-Police Scanner descrambler?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:41 pm

I have a Radio Shack Pro-94 Police Scanner with a rubber 6 inch antenna and was just wondering.... someone told me that you get better reception from a CB base antenna.... Radio Shack sells a scanner antenna for 25 to 30 bucks but it is only 20 inches tall... I have a new 15 foot fiberglass CB base antenna that I could try.... since I am in my basement I wonder if that antenna would work running horizontal... since I only have 8 foot ceiliings... would it work better that the 20 inch police scanner antenna being used in my basement?... or the 6 inch rubber antenna? ....just wanted to get some advice on how to get better reception....and secondly.... I have the scrambled voice sometimes when the cops want to talk in private.... where do you get something to unscramble the garble? thanks to all.... Stan
GlowinPontiac

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:14 pm

when i set up my scanner years ago i went all out and set up a 30 foot mast with a huge antenna at the top cost around 200 bucks but was well worth it for the crystal clear reception and being able to hear towns halfway across the state.

but it sucks now that i moved out. i dont think my landlord would like me bolting that huge antenna to the side of my rented house.
pOrk

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 pm

If you're going to put another antenna on it, make it count and mount it outside to the side of your house or make a dirt mount that sticks into the ground like a stake.
itzbjorn

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:03 pm

What about for people using it in their vehicle?
pOrk

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:14 pm

^ Mag mount, or a FIRESTICK with a mirror mount or tri mag mount
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm
Page 1 of 1