Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Grand Prix with HID all around!

Author
Message
RazorGTP

Joined: Jul 05 2007
Posts: 8
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 pm

Well I got my 8,000k hids for my headlights last year and loved them, but never had the fogs to match. Well I finally bought the h3 hid kit and got my hands on a pair of 4" Navigator Cyberwhites to house them in. Put it all together and this is the result. icon_cool.gif These pics don't do any justice, you are just going to have to take my word when I say this setup is HELLA BRIGHT!












Props to Oznium! icon_wink.gif
ImagoX

Joined: Aug 24 2006
Posts: 2124
Location: Columbus, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:25 pm

LOL... when you said "all around" I thought you figured out a way to put HIDs in the taillights or side repeaters or something. biglaugh.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Holy glare batman!!!
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm

Tim wrote:
Holy glare batman!!!


word.

Did you re-aim them at all?

Painting the top and bottom of the housing where there isn't the refelector would help a lot too.
93PGT4ME

Joined: Jul 03 2007
Posts: 45
Location: St.Joseph, Illinois


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 pm

mmm those are hot, i want some for me probe
Aken

Joined: Feb 12 2003
Posts: 10885


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:24 am

I'm not one to complain about HIDs in reflector housings, as I'm guilty of it, but damn - those fog lights HAVE to **** off oncoming drivers.

Cool, though.
Losing quickly

Joined: Apr 26 2005
Posts: 5706
Location: SC


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 am

Holy Glare....please get projector housings.
Spawn

Joined: Feb 14 2006
Posts: 501
Location: Toronto, ON


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:30 am

Aken wrote:
I'm not one to complain about HIDs in reflector housings, as I'm guilty of it, but damn - those fog lights HAVE to **** off oncoming drivers.

Cool, though.


I'm with Aken, that is some pretty bright glare, are you getting high-beamed alot? if not, then you aren't blinding anyone.
RazorGTP

Joined: Jul 05 2007
Posts: 8
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 pm

I only have the fogs turned on in dark areas with no on-coming traffic. The glare doesn't bother me considering the extra brightness that comes out of these things. I treat them as my high-beams. icon_smile.gif
Aken

Joined: Feb 12 2003
Posts: 10885


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:58 pm

Obviously the glare doesn't bother YOU, lol icon_biggrin.gif
jol102001

Joined: Feb 12 2004
Posts: 5815
Location: Lake Charles, LA -- USA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:00 am

hids in the tails?
sc3106

Joined: Mar 20 2006
Posts: 1139
Location: Idaho


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:06 pm

thats looks really tight, wouldnt want to be driving towards you icon_lol.gif
RazorGTP

Joined: Jul 05 2007
Posts: 8
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:07 pm

jol102001 wrote:
hids in the tails?


Ya man, 8,000k in my reverse lights too.






















icon_rolleyes.gif lol
Ryan88

Joined: Aug 09 2004
Posts: 3516
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Looks good.
aznboiquyen

Joined: May 12 2007
Posts: 258


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:55 pm

mannn thats to bright lol
RazorGTP

Joined: Jul 05 2007
Posts: 8
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:01 pm

aznboiquyen wrote:
mannn thats to bright lol


Can never be too bright! icon_twisted.gif icon_smile.gif
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:52 pm

only reason I'm got putting HID's in my cav is I can't get projectors for it without dishing out 500 bucks to have my existing ones cutsom fitted with projectors

I may put some in my fogs and use them like brights one of these days but not the headlights
jol102001

Joined: Feb 12 2004
Posts: 5815
Location: Lake Charles, LA -- USA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 pm

RazorGTP wrote:
jol102001 wrote:
hids in the tails?


Ya man, 8,000k in my reverse lights too.






icon_rolleyes.gif lol


yeah jackass, that's why you should have put - Hid Headlights and Fogs
02BlueStang

Joined: Dec 13 2004
Posts: 4757


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 pm

holy crap lol....looks great but thats a LOT of glare lol...

I love having HID's in my fogs and surprisingly not any glare for oncomming traffic, possibly because my car sits so low....

to fix glare....talk to pork and bag it to the ground icon_lol.gif
RazorGTP

Joined: Jul 05 2007
Posts: 8
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, Canada


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:09 pm

02BlueStang wrote:
holy crap lol....looks great but thats a LOT of glare lol...

I love having HID's in my fogs and surprisingly not any glare for oncomming traffic, possibly because my car sits so low....

to fix glare....talk to pork and bag it to the ground icon_lol.gif


lol, I don't get high-beamed with just the headlights on so I'm guessing the glare doesn't really bother anyone. I want projectors but you cannot get a solid set for this car under $600USD then another $200 for fog projectors. Not worth that much IMHO. I'm very happy with this setup, especially for the price. icon_smile.gif

If I planned on keeping the car I would love to bag it too. icon_twisted.gif
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:55 am

RazorGTP wrote:
I want projectors but you cannot get a solid set for this car under $600USD then another $200 for fog projectors.


****.

You can get a very nice set of projectors for 200. You may have to install them yourself but its not all that hard, especially in GP lights.

2ndly, just because you aren't getting flashed doesn't mean its not glarely any really **** annoying to other drivers.

and my projector fogs were 40 bucks and are as good as any others out there. so idk where you are getting 200 from.
Chris

Joined: Sep 27 2004
Posts: 2395
Location: NY


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Why didnt I put HIDs in my car?

Oh yeah, no projector housings.

HIDs + non-projection lights = blindness. Will I be guilty one day, hope not.

Ouch to me.
Spawn

Joined: Feb 14 2006
Posts: 501
Location: Toronto, ON


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:07 am

Chris wrote:
Why didnt I put HIDs in my car?

Oh yeah, no projector housings.

HIDs + non-projection lights = blindness. Will I be guilty one day, hope not.

Ouch to me.


Not necesarrily, I have standard halogen housings in the Santa Fe, but they have an extra shroud in them. That and the kit came with a glare shield. It's also a question of aiming them. When I installed mine, I dropped the aiming as low as it could go, then brought it up. most people just throw the HID kits in and don't bother to aim them right.
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:45 am

Spawn wrote:
Chris wrote:
Why didnt I put HIDs in my car?

Oh yeah, no projector housings.

HIDs + non-projection lights = blindness. Will I be guilty one day, hope not.

Ouch to me.


Not necesarrily, I have standard halogen housings in the Santa Fe, but they have an extra shroud in them. That and the kit came with a glare shield. It's also a question of aiming them. When I installed mine, I dropped the aiming as low as it could go, then brought it up. most people just throw the HID kits in and don't bother to aim them right.


shields are only marginly better. you still have a bulb in a reflector it is not designed for which causes all sorts of stray light. if you want to prove your point then park 25ish feet from a wall and take some pictures.
Ryan88

Joined: Aug 09 2004
Posts: 3516
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:55 am

Idk, i like HIDs, I like be blinded by a crisp blue light. Just me i guess.
Spawn

Joined: Feb 14 2006
Posts: 501
Location: Toronto, ON


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 am

corvettecrazy wrote:
Spawn wrote:
Chris wrote:
Why didnt I put HIDs in my car?

Oh yeah, no projector housings.

HIDs + non-projection lights = blindness. Will I be guilty one day, hope not.

Ouch to me.


Not necesarrily, I have standard halogen housings in the Santa Fe, but they have an extra shroud in them. That and the kit came with a glare shield. It's also a question of aiming them. When I installed mine, I dropped the aiming as low as it could go, then brought it up. most people just throw the HID kits in and don't bother to aim them right.


shields are only marginly better. you still have a bulb in a reflector it is not designed for which causes all sorts of stray light. if you want to prove your point then park 25ish feet from a wall and take some pictures.


Already done in the original post when I installed them. icon_cool.gif
https://www.oznium.com/forum/topic12876

I'm not saying that it's true for everyone, I'm just saying that the way my headlights are designed, combined with aiming, I'm not blinding anyone. Even people I roll up behind. I do alot of cruises out here with my car show team and various other clubs, and i have yet to find anyone that says I am blinding them. But I see lots of people who are.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am
Page 1 of 1