Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Installing lights on Seadoo

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:48 am

I purchased a seadoo last year, and noticed it didn't have night lights(red/green/white) and i was planning on installing some. I was thinking about the waterproof flexable LED's. I have a couple questions though, would I need to install a fuse / fuse holder for just 3 LED strips? Any advice on how to install them, I may want them to be removable in daylight, possibly velcro. Would i need silicon at all?

Thanks
Chris

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:40 am

well, it being in water it will be somewhat tricky.

Yes you will want a fuse. Always fuse things, make it a habit. It just makes everything a lot safer.

Where were you intending on putting the lights? It might help make a decision on how to mount them.
alaticky

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:35 am

I was thinking of mounting them right onto the fiberglass, which means no room for twist ties. I was also thinking I could use double sided tape to stick them on.
Brandon

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:39 am

I think that Velcro, double sided tape, etc. would all fall off with the waves and wake you'd be playing in.

Why do you want these night lights exactly?
justin

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:00 pm

Brandon wrote:
I think that Velcro, double sided tape, etc. would all fall off with the waves and wake you'd be playing in.

i dont agree. the 3m tape on the back of the flex strips is very strong on a nice clean surface.

but i spose it depends on the mounting location. if they will be subject to abuse, might be hard to keep em on there without some good solid hardware.
The_Mastor

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:11 pm

That'd be sweet if you could get an "UB" kit on the bottom of a wave runner lighting the water as you go icon_cool.gif
Brandon

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:20 pm

I'm mostly concerned about the water and constant crashing of the waves on the bike. I don't think the tape would be a long term solution, but you could probably get a couple uses out of it.
TRogers

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:22 pm

Gorilla Glue would be a permanent option. I used to have a jet ski, it was a Seadoo. So fun.
The_Mastor

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:10 pm

jet ski's are the most fun you will ever have on a body of water, period. Unless you got a bumpin house boat party with a pool, hot tub, slide, club on the bottom and unlimited drinks, then I may choose the boat. icon_lol.gif
sc3106

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The_Mastor wrote:
jet ski's are the most fun you will ever have on a body of water, period. Unless you got a bumpin house boat party with a pool, hot tub, slide, club on the bottom and unlimited drinks, then I may choose the boat. icon_lol.gif

what he said
tatonka

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:23 am

maybe try sticking the lights to the side using silicone? That seems like it would work.
jol102001

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:57 pm

do you even know if jetskis are legal for night riding even if you have lights... in my state (LA) it's illegal.
tatonka

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:04 pm

Joi, where at in LA are you? Im in North eastern LA
The_Mastor

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:12 pm

Why would it be illegal for a jet ski to ride at night if properly equipped with the necessary lights, that would seem odd to me...
jol102001

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:58 am

I'm Southwest Louisiana Lake Charles (Sulphur)

I don't make the rules, I just follow them. But i could understand.... small craft, even if you have lights... real easy to fall off, drown, etc.
alaticky

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Well im up in ottawa ontario, I dont see why they would be illegal. As long as you have the proper color's I would assume it would be fine. Still not sure what im going to do, but i thank everyone for their advice!

Ticky
sc3106

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 pm

put some HID's on that ***** then you will seeee far icon_cool.gif
Moss

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:01 pm

I have put rubber guards for the point on the bottom of a hull of a boat using 3m, but we used some cleaner that was specific, it was like a kick guard on a door or wall for the bottom of a boat so it could be beached, they also made them for sea-doos I later saw it on that Ship-Shape TV
jol102001

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:28 am

alaticky wrote:
Well im up in ottawa ontario, I dont see why they would be illegal. As long as you have the proper color's I would assume it would be fine. Still not sure what im going to do, but i thank everyone for their advice!

Ticky

I'm just trying to save you from a ticket or if they're really **** they might impound it.... Just call local police or wildlife/fisheries, they should know. A quick phone call should answer your question. Then go to pwctoday.com Best personal water craft site around. Search there and you'll find a couple of threads on how to do what you want to do.
96gmcpimpin

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 pm

Illegal to ride one at night here to. I think it is everywhere, but don't quote me on that.
jol102001

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:53 pm

96gmcpimpin wrote:
Illegal to ride one at night here to. I think it is everywhere, but don't quote me on that.

it's not everywhere, some states you can legally ride at night with correct lights, but he needs to check his states laws first.
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:40 am
Page 1 of 1