Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Switching out stock console lighting

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:43 am

Does anyone know how to change the stock lighting in the center dash or gauge cluster to a custom color?
Looks something like this: User posted image

Any information or suggestions on this would be great. Thanks for your time.
Andro
main-e-ax

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:35 pm

remove that part of the dash, find the lighting souce. replace it with a new light source in the color of your choice. something like this probably..

https://www.oznium.com/accent-lighting/194

let us know if you need to know more.
Andro5f

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:35 am

I will breakdown the dash and hopefully it will have the same lighting source as described in your link, if so this mod sounds pretty simple. Thanks again for your time. icon_smile.gif
Spawn

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 am

I checked on Sylvania but they only list the exterior bulbs. I think that Phil has done an xB and should be able to tell you what size bulbs you are looking for. My instrument panel in the Santa Fe was 194's but the console was the small twist and lock type. I ended up fabbing my own as no one made them at the time.
powerofSHN

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:18 am

I've switched those out on an xA, using 2 white 4.7" LED flex strips (https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/led-flex-strips) and wired them into the location where the stock bulbs are. It takes some maneuvering getting them to cover the area evenly, but it can definitely be done and looks very nice.

As an fyi, many people complained that just replacing the bulb with an LED didn't evenly distribute the light well enough, and it was advised to go the route mentioned above. Good luck and let me know if you have further questions!
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:37 am
Page 1 of 1