Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Kitt 3000....Can you say Glow?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am

Well guys i had to make this post (flame as you will). sunday evening at 8pm/9pm eastern the new premier of Knight rider will be shown on tv on NBC. Now while many of the older generation will say it is dumb and a rip off i will have to disagree. Because this is rather a sort of continuation. Anyways Kitt is now a Ford Shelby GT500 KR. this being said i can't miss it. A show with my favorite ford every time its on doesn't get much better. So as you read this comment as to if you will watch o not would love to get some input.

User posted image
ImagoX

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am

Kitt is a Mustang now. That tells me ALL I need to know about that show...

PS - If it were a ROUSH Mustang... Maybe. But a Shelby? Nah.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:23 am

Kitt is a mustang now and i can kinda see why though. It's not like Pontiac has out a hardcore power house Firebird for the newer years. He was supposed to be the futuristic car. going back to an semi-older Firebird wouldn't fit that persona. With them using the Shelby its new it looks futuristic and has power to boot.

I won't argue with you on the point that the Roush is a sweet car, looks good and has a nice setup. I think back to the Shelby and how stock off the lot its putting out 500hp next to the 2008 Roush setup of 427 hp. This may have been a contributing factor to the choice of the show.

I like alot of the higher end and nicer mustangs any way so im cool with what ever just glad they chose my favorite. Mustang FTW!!!
ImagoX

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 am

robbie wrote:

I won't argue with you on the point that the Roush is a sweet car, looks good and has a nice setup. I think back to the Shelby and how stock off the lot its putting out 500hp next to the 2008 Roush setup of 427 hp. This may have been a contributing factor to the choice of the show.

There's more to a car than pure horsepower... lots more. Check it out:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/339391/mustang_roush_vs_mustang_shelby/

Skip to the 5:00 minute mark or so for a side-by-side track comparison. If I had the choice, I'd go Roush in a HEARTBEAT.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:36 am

While i can agree with you on the fact that there is alot more to the car than hp it seems like every single piece of that car is stamped with roush somehow or another. Not liking that whole deal would have to take everything off and then throw it on the show and most people wouldn't even be able to tell what kind of mustang you have.

also in the video it seemed as though the roush was being driven far more aggresive than the shelby not getting that. The video also depicted a convertible version and while it may not matter much with a convertible you add weight and have to be careful driving with that much power because there is nothing protecting you on top in case something happens.

Poor comparison of the two vehicles imo. Would never drive a conv..
A-Ray

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:16 pm

I saw earlier today on some website where they mention how the scanner was made. Something like 3 rows of 80 LED's per side.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Holy crap thats alot of LED's. None the less looks good. Just can't wait to see this show and see that Shelby tear around town.
kornholio788

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:43 pm

I think it is teh ghey! I can't even stand to think about them having a new kitt. That isn't kitt. That is a wanna be. Sucks to see them do a "Continuation" of the show. I saw the real kitt car in person. As it is showcased at a museum not an hour away from me. Real kitt>>>>>>>fake wanna be mustand kitt. I say FAIL! Quite dissapointed they are doing this.
guthix12

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:10 pm

I think its pretty cool... Shelby's are nice.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:40 pm

yeah they are a very nice car for the price tag of about 41k.

Just because it isn't the original Kitt korn doesn't mean its ghey. Just that time moves forward and with that so do the things in it. there no way anyone would have taken the old kit seriously in this new show. all they would have seen was David H.
kornholio788

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Yes. But the kitt car was so huge and such a big thing. That bringing a new car in just kills it. I guess I have a differnt opinion but I think it is retarded. I am saying they shouldn't be making another knightrider show to begin with.
A-Ray

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Here is the article about the LED scanner for Kitt
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 pm

At first i thought that this show was a dumb idea as well. But after witnessing that Shelby i was astounded. Yes i know Kitt was a big thing in his time and the stuff. But its several years later i think its perfectly fine to bring him back with a new redefined look. Not to mention its not even the same Kitt. Its a brand new Kitt from Knight industries.

In another view i think bringing back the dodge challenger and other such cars was a really dumb idea. Why bring something back that died out. There is no way such a car can ever bring to the table what the old Challenger did just no way. Why do it though because its something people liked and don't want to let go. But instead they bring it back with big gaudy wheels, and that god awful 4 square dodge grill. Thats ghey imo but its just not me. So keep the flaming about that to a minimum please because i respect those who like it but i think it looks flashy and over done.

Point is though people redo things all the time because like these things and don't like to see them just die out.

*EDIT* not to mention this is in no way a show. i think i read it wrong as some of the posters were misleading. This instead is a 2 hour movie that will be premiering.
A-Ray

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm pretty sure its a tv show as well. BTW, I don't think anyone was flaming abotu anything. Just everyone stating their opinion.

I personally agree with other that this new Kitt just isn't the same.

Also, the bringin back of the old cars for the most part is amazing IMO. I love the look of the new challenger, charger and all the others that are coming back around.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:32 pm

It may be but for now its advertised as a movie. I didn't say anyone was flaming me either please read what i wrote. I said keep it to a minimum for that last post about the challenger aas i know there a lot of people who like it.

Kitt may not be "The same" but he isn't supposed to be. He may not have the same effect again he isn't supposed. In the movie Kitt 3000 is portrayed as an entirely new car made by Knight industries so he can't be the same.

As for the old car i think they are hideous so many of them too. Alot of the dodge would look so much beter with the body closer to the original and with that GOD AWFUL grill that dodge sticks on everything they make. And then pontiac gto's. what happened there lets take a muscle car and turn it into what looks like a sports car.
Cooper

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Don't like the styling of that car at all . Its got the snub nose look that's all the rage with the domestic muscle these days, and doesn't look that far removed from the mustangs/chargers/etc that I see all around me on the freeways . Slapping a scanner on a production car doesn't make it futuristic in my mind; they probably just got a kickback from Ford for choosing their car .
I guess the original was a production car too.. but it was just so much sleeker and more aerodynamic . This is like a giant black brick with a red light in the front . icon_confused.gif
Yota Tacoma

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Having Kitt be a different car is like The Dukes of Hazzard using somthing besides the Charger for the General. It just isnt right.
djtecthreat

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Why didn't they use a newer GTO? These are packed with a 6.0, very powerful.

Shelby: 335HP stock

Pontiac: 400HP stock.

Pontiac= sticks with the tradition of K.R.
The_Mastor

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:39 pm

Uhh, so I may get flamed for this but:

Who gives a ****? So the kitt car is different in a new generation of the show, what did you expect?

And they probably aren't going for horses on a TV show, they could care less. They are going for looks.

I'm sorry I must really just not give a **** what kind of car "kitt" is *shrug* Does it matter?
djtecthreat

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm

I always liked KR. If you don't care don't post.
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Yeah i have no idea where you got your info on the shelby but that thing has 500hp. Thus the name GT500. So the Mustang tops the pontiac in this department.

Also cooper this isn't just a stock mustang you have seen driving around. This is the shelby GT500 KR. While you may think otherwise this mustang is a legend in the auto world. It looks nothing like the other mustangs around imo. Also saying the shelby is a just another production vehicle is quite the opposite. The Shelby specifically being used in the new Knight Rider is a shelby gt500 super snake.
PwrRngr

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:05 pm

robbie wrote:
Yeah i have no idea where you got your info on the shelby but that thing has 500hp. Thus the name GT500. So the Mustang tops the pontiac in this department.

x2. Not to mention how easy it is to up the GT500 horsepower. A guy I work with has one, installed new exhaust and a new supercharger pulley and is putting down just over 700hp at the wheels. He says it's still under factory warranty as well. I'd like to see the Pontiac do that... biglaugh.gif
robbie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:13 pm

icon_twisted.gif Got that right man. Ford may mess alot of things up but the Shelby was never one of those along with alot of their higher end mustang and other vehicles.

Hey PwrRngr you dont have any photos of the mustang or even better of the new setup and exhaust by any chance?

All i have to say is i love the Shelby it is styled well and has the power to back up the thunder it emits. All in all good choice making Kitt a Shelby. Because its a new generation and They needed a new look. And as stated many times before the Kitt coming out in this one is a Brand New car From Knight industries and redesigned to be something different.
djtecthreat

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Eh, I just Googled "ford mustang Shelby +HP" and saw a site that said it was 335 or whatever.

I don't really care. I think they're hideous, and hideously overpriced.

Either way, I wish they would've stayed Pontiac for Kitt.
robbie

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:26 am

Hmmm well considering what the Shelby brings to the table as opposed to the GTO i think it is fairly priced. And staying with pontiac would have been a horrible idea in the long run the GTO just doesn't bring the things the makers were looking for. Not to mention the Shelby has by far surpassed the GTO. But this also brings us back to my other point. Kitt isn't just a normal Shelby, They are using the infamous Super Snake edition.
djtecthreat

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:40 am

They could have went with a Corvette, or a Ferrari for the first one, but they went with the Pontiac T/A.

It's not about what brings more to the table. When I think "Knight Rider" I don't really think "Overzealous muscle car" I think "inconspicuous car with a lot hidden tricks"

Just me and my opinion.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:57 am

robbie wrote:
yeah they are a very nice car for the price tag of about 41k.

You sure its JUST 41k? Are GT was 36k...AND wasnt brand new, had 30,000 miles on it. BUT they only made about 500-1000 of the GT's we have.

(REAL red leather interior, wheels, 25% tint, wheels, clutch kit, and a supercharger which is now at the dump)

EDIT: and also Roush>Shelby the parts they put on the motors from Roush....purely and positively Orgasmic
robbie

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:06 am

Sorry i had gotten that off a website. Now the convertibles go for around 46,500 dollars. Now I don't exactly know how much The edition Kitt is goes for. The car they used for Kitt was a Super Snake edition and that one goes for much more.
lunasea

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:57 am

kornholio788 wrote:
I think it is teh ghey! I can't even stand to think about them having a new kitt. That isn't kitt. That is a wanna be. Sucks to see them do a "Continuation" of the show. I saw the real kitt car in person. As it is showcased at a museum not an hour away from me. Real kitt>>>>>>>fake wanna be mustand kitt. I say FAIL! Quite dissapointed they are doing this.

in regards to this what about when it comes out on blue ray if it was the original kit
people would be thinking they would need to adjust there HD TV's no one can possibly be as orange as the Hoff.
robbie

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 am

Well guys watched the new Knight Rider movie last night. And it rocked it had everything. Fast car, gun fights, hot girls, and best of all.......The Hoff.

though the original KITT didn't make an appearance it was still very good. Kitt was awesome had alot of cool effects and stuff like that.
PwrRngr

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:42 am

robbie wrote:
Hey PwrRngr you dont have any photos of the mustang or even better of the new setup and exhaust by any chance?

I don't have any right now but I'll get some when good weather comes around. He has it garaged until the weather is better (like it should be). I asked him if he got it out and did donuts in the snow that we had and his response was...

"I don't need snow, I can do donuts on dry pavement." icon_twisted.gif
robbie

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:46 am

Lol sweet man. Thats awesome as it should be that way. biglaugh.gif

Sounds god man just if you do end up getting some let me know would really like to see what it looks like. Last night watching the movie there were plenty of points where Kitt tore the dry pavement up like no other.
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:32 am
Page 1 of 1