Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

"UV" underglow?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:55 pm

A buddy of mine wants some underglow, and he thinks UV would look cool.

I told him I'd look around a bit, but I dunno how well it could be done. The best I can think of is the Beefy strips, but even then, if he could get much light output from that I'd be surprised.

Does anyone have any shots of the UV beefy strips lighting something up? All I can find is the subruban where you can see them on the headliner in the action shots.

I'm planning on showing him the SG gold series purple neons and the Inferno kit, too, to see if he'd rather just do purple instead of a weird color, lol.
robbie

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Yeah i'm guessing those would be the only viable options. If you could do a uv would a fog machine do anything to help it?
mx107marlin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Dump some UV dye in the fog, that'd be sweet...
jdusty914

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 pm

I saw an older ford muscle car last summer with all UV lights and it was awesome...It was not as bright as say a purple kit, but it was at least something...
Ryan88

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:36 pm

I love the look of a purple Gold Series kit. They look like bright black lights.
clutch1

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 am

So I take it those beefy strips actually WOULD be bright enough to use as underglow?
Neat, lol.
Cooper

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:52 pm

You'll really need to purchase a small UV strip and demo it to decide for yourself whether its bright enough or not . UV light isn't really made to be viewed directly, its made to produce an interesting effect on light-colored surfaces . Aimed down at a black street you won't see too much at all, it will be a very subtle effect . But if its shining on any reflective road lines, white lines in a parking space, white shoes, or maybe if the car itself is white, you'll see that cool UV glow like when you walk into a night club and it looks like your socks are glowing .
I think they're really more suited to the inside where they can reflect off what you're wearing or specific pieces of the interior . It will make a cool UB set up also, just be prepared for a very subtle effect; don't expect crazy glow or you'll probably be disappointed .
ImagoX has used beefy strips for a makeshift underbody kit before, if you have any questions on mounting them he might have some good advice .
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:41 pm

If he parks on the white lines at stores they would light up icon_biggrin.gif
kornholio788

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
If he parks on the white lines at stores they would light up icon_biggrin.gif

That would look cool as hell haah.

I think it is a really cool idea. But sadly I don't see it being very visable at all. Would look cool at imes only if the conditions were right. The fog idea with the uv liquid it in would look tight though. I would say like said above. Buy a small strip and try it. I don't think anyone on here has done it. but do let us know how it turns out.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:04 pm

or buy a FULL UV UB kit, then buy ANOTHER kit for regular use, then use the UV when its appropriate

EDIT: Or you could use a Purple AND Uv underglow at the same time, then when driving over something UV reactive, it would turn bright white (or w.e) and also be purple at the same time with the PURPLE UB!
clutch1

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:10 pm

Lol, well I showed this dude the purple gold series and he flipped, so I guess that's what he's plannin on now.

Man if I had enough money would I ever give it a try though, heh.
ShadowBOX

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm

I've used a lot of UV in my setup - all interior so far though. I just bought some flex strips for the wheel weels, so I'll find out how well they work on exterior illumination. My experience so far has been better than most people give them credit for.
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 pm
Page 1 of 1