Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Ozniums Eshow WINNARSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:17 pm

I got all the votes counted up. In total only 10 people voted. I was hoping for more votes. Since voting was the easy part. But oh well. Was still fun counting them up watchin who was going to win. Was very close for some of the categories.

They way I counted them up was teh simplest system I could think of. Points. First places gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1. Fairest way to do it in my eyes. Well. Here they are!!

Best in Show:
1st with 19 votes: Kornholio788
Tie for 2nd with 13 votes: Spawn and Bad Venge

Best Exterior:
1st with 24 votes: Kornholio788
2nd with 13 votes: Bad Venge
3rd with 9 votes: P0rk

Best Interior:
1st with 24 votes: Spawn
2nd with 13 votes: Kornholio788
3rd with 10 votes: Bad Venge

Best Glow: I donated a $20 gift certificate for the Oznium Store!! Congrats!!
1st with 16 votes: 04YellowF150(you have been pmed with details for your prize!)
2nd with 15 votes: Kornholio788
3rd with 10 votes: Phat99Celi

Best I.C.E.(In Car Entertainment)
1st with 30 votes: Spawn(Was first place for every vote! Good job!)
2nd with 16 votes: Radio Flyer
3rd with 14 votes: Bad Venge

Best Sound System
1st with 30 votes: Spawn(Once again every vote. Your system kicks major ass!!)
2nd with 17 votes: AlienYoungJr
3rd with 13 votes: Bad Venge

Most Creative Glow Mod
1st with 17 votes: AlienYoungJr
2nd with 16 votes: Radio Flyer
3rd with 14 votes: Ice4Bikes

Most Creative NON Glow Mod
1st with 24 votes: Justinwebb
2nd with 19 votes: Bad Venge
3rd with 11 votes: Kornholio788

Best Bike
1st with 24 votes: Itzbjorn
2nd with 19 votes: Ice4Bikes
3rd with 17 votes: P0rk

Thank you to all who entered, voted, and bared with me for the time delay. I found this kinda fun so I will def do another one next fall. I hope to have alot more contestants and ALOT more voters!!! If you have any questions about anything you can pm me.

You can use this thread to talk about the show and talk about how you think maby the next show could be better, differently set up, or suggestions! They are all welcome!

The kornster.
SickWitIt

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Congrats winners.
TheBrick

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Congrats all I say the winners all deserved to be the winner and "favorite people" didnt come into play...soley based on the vehicle...good to see.
Kierra

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

grats to all winners

but how were these calculated..?
1 vote for 1st place = 3pts
1 vote for 2nd place = 2pts
1 for 3rd = 1 pt

or just 1 pt for voted 1st 2nd or 3rd?
kornholio788

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Each voter voted for 1st, second, and third place for each category. And I just added them up for each person. If you took first in that category you got 3 points for that category per vote. 2nd got 2. 3rd got one. And that is per voter. Now you under stand it?
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Thu May 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Kierra wrote:
grats to all winners

but how were these calculated..?
1 vote for 1st place = 3pts
1 vote for 2nd place = 2pts
1 for 3rd = 1 pt

or just 1 pt for voted 1st 2nd or 3rd?

Really???

kornholio788 wrote:
They way I counted them up was teh simplest system I could think of. Points. First places gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1. Fairest way to do it in my eyes. Well. Here they are!!
Kierra

Post Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm

ha sorry i didnt read.. i just went right to the winners.

+1pt to korn for not being an ass about that
its been a long day and i didnt feel like reading the filler text
Tim

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Oh man, I forgot to vote...
kornholio788

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Kierra wrote:
ha sorry i didnt read.. i just went right to the winners.

+1pt to korn for not being an ass about that
its been a long day and i didnt feel like reading the filler text

WTF U SUCK AT LIFE BAN THIS DBAG!!!!!!!!!!

*runs* biglaugh.gif
MrJayDeeOne

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:37 pm

congrats
02BlueStang

Post Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 pm

congrats to everyone

Thank you to those who donated their time to put this together and see it through to the end.
Kierra

Post Thu May 29, 2008 8:00 pm

haha korn
robbie

Post Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Congrats to everyone. I think the results are little "off" but thats my view. Good job everyone.
Kierra

Post Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 pm

thats only because we didnt have many people enter or vote..
Toastr

Post Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 pm

RIGGED!

*runsbutnottoofarcuzicandriveoverkornscar*

no, seriously - appreciate the effort put into this. Looking forwards to the next one in the fall, if that's still in the works.
Radioflyer

Post Thu May 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Much fun was had...however it was sad there weren't more participants.
robbie

Post Thu May 29, 2008 9:03 pm

I just feel those who voted for someone who is well known or they know better thats all.
kornholio788

Post Thu May 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Robbie. Then don't participate. How are the results "off"? As said before this was for fun. no one made anyone do anything. Was for fun. Even if ppl did vote for people the knew more who cares. You are at no loss. The only thing up for grabs was teh 20 bucks. Which I personally donated and if I had won would have given it to second place.

LOL toaster!!!!

Thanks everyone. Was a good time yes. DEF wish that there were more participants let alone voters. Hopefully the next one. But I will def need help with the next one. Took a while to get everythign set up and figured out. NExt would should be better.

Thanks all.
robbie

Post Thu May 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Maybe you would have m ore participants if you didn't persecute people for their opinions.

No "Go" at a show? At slammin and jammin i saw JUST as much "show" as "go".

I never said i had alot. but it's whatever. I just feel a half finished interior being a just about fully custom interior is a little dumb. I am entitled to my opinion as well as giving congrats to the winners.
mx107marlin

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Jesus Christ you two...

Robbie, we didn't do "Go" because it's really hard to do that with pictures, how do you judge how fast a car is off of pictures? "Go" is not just a nice looking engine or exhaust. If you're a really good mechanic, you can build half your own ****, it won't look good, and actually it would probably look like ****, but could outperform against most cars out there.

My point is that the decision was made NOT to include "Go" in the show (See reasoning above). If you can give me a good way to include performance in the show and still use pictures, then by all means, let myself or korn know and maybe it will get into the next show.

This part goes out to everyone. I'm sure you've heard of "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem..." That's kinda how this forum works... and this show is no different. If you have a question/concern/problem, let us know, and if possible, provide a solution or a way that you would like to see it done.

Anyone that just ***** (without providing constructive criticism) about something, or everything, is no help, and in fact makes things worse...

This is the interwebs... who really cares... if you're looking for respect, prestige, and bragging rights... You're damn sure not gonna get it from a show, and especially not an online show. Build a good car, do something unique, and the rest will come.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:37 pm

^^^ good post.
robbie

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm

This is no longer about a "Go" section MX.

I am sorry but to host a E-Show and expect ANY kind of accurate votes to come in is purely a dream. But it's whatever i am not part of the problem. I am voicing my opinion about how a E-Show can never even be considered near correct.

Was a good idea and fun for those in and those voting. I am not looking for bragging rigths as i didn't enter. I am just saying, people on a E-Show will vote VERY biased typcially.

I hate to say it but how did a half ass interior beat a almost fully custom interior? Not quite accurate.

Oh well like we always say " This is the interwebs."
mx107marlin

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:14 am

Robbie, I think you answered your own points...

I think we're all pretty sure that an E-Show isn't going to be the most accurate thing ever... in fact, any time you have individuals voting, then it's going to be a popularity contest. Hence why most respectable shows have an independent panel of judges...

We're a small community, and everyone has their opinions... all that this was for is bragging rights, within the small community. I'm not going to look at the results and change my personal opinions about the cars entered. I don't think that any personal opinions will change, so who cares...

If this kind of attitude keeps up, there won't BE another show. If you think that voting is biased, throw out an idea to keep it from being biased, or give it up...
Moss

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 am

mx107marlin wrote:

This is the interwebs... who really cares... if you're looking for respect, prestige, and bragging rights... You're damn sure not gonna get it from a show, and especially not an online show. Build a good car, do something unique, and the rest will come.

mx107marlin wrote:

We're a small community, and everyone has their opinions... all that this was for is bragging rights, within the small community.

Contradiction?

(Korn will delete this because it has something to do with his E-Show thread and I was told he would delete all my posts regarding it, even if it is an abuse of his moderator powers on Oznium. Even thought I made a very valid point.)
mx107marlin

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:36 am

Haha... yeah, just a little bit. Sorry... I just got off work and am extremely tired... the second one is more correct. You can get bragging rights from a show, and this one is no different.... anything else, comes from just having a good car.
robbie

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 am

How about instead of just straight up voting, maybe get a small group of three or so people, who WON"T be entering. People who have possibly been to shows or helped judge and that know the kinds of thing to look for or go into it. Or just fashion up a set of grading rules.

These three people have to have no single bias views or special friendship with the entrants. If there is a known friendship or anything make sure they grade just as fairly, or their grade will not be taken into account. I really don't know, but a group of 3 or 4 based on a compiled list of something to go by would be great. And they need to be outside the show and not hosting it.
04yellowf150

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:16 am

wow sweet!!! Thanks to everyone that voted for me! I didnt even vote for myself lol

and all this about show and no go.....

my truck has alot of GO to it!!! as soon as i hit the pedal i have to GO straight to the gas pump
itzbjorn

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:56 am

I win \o/
kornholio788

Post Fri May 30, 2008 6:58 am

Lol Yellow.

Robbie. This was purely for fun. I didn't expect it to be accurate. Didn't exect there to be no biast votes. Didn't expect people like you to throw a hissy fit over something they didn't even take a part of or something that has NO effect on ANYONE. NO body lost anything doing this. No one spent any gas getting to the internet. No one spent any money(besides me but it was me who glady donated it). No one lost anything. I would hope no one gets buthurt over a simple eshow. The fact of the matter is that this was something that I figured everyone would have a good time doing and I wouldn't have these issues. Once again. We are NOT doing go. I don't want to. I don't care if you do. You want it. Do it yourself. This isn't slammin and jammin. This is oznium. Get over it. This was mine and mxs show. We can do it how ever we want. ANd when people like you just ***** about stuff we aren't going to pay much attention to you

It always sucks when a couple people ruin it for everyone.

But thanks to all who actually appriciated the time and effort I put into this. Took a while. And I had a good time doing it. Will I do it again. Maby. Time will tell. Depends what kind of response I get then. Because this one wasn't too good. Only like 10 entrys and like 10 voters. Kinda sad. But oh well. Lets just hope some people don't ruin it for everyone for the next one...........

Korn.
markwerline

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:07 am

if another goes in fall I will participate this time. congrats on all winners. some great cars on this site no doubt.
TRogers

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:59 am

I couldn't find the time to sit down, look at all of the pictures, and fill out a ballot.

You need a radio button submit form next time, and an easier way to view the pictures (pie in the sky goals) icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

Last edited by TRogers on Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total
Cyber Knight

Post Fri May 30, 2008 8:07 am

I feel bad for not having entered or voted, I didn't really have many good pics until very recently. I will make an extra big effort to enter in the next one and give Oznium the support it deserves! Don't get discouraged Korn, you did a good job organizing this one, I'm looking forward to seeing how well it goes the next time. For next time, I think it would be good to show the winning pictures in the results.
robbie

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 am

I didn't have a hissy fit korn. Gave my honest opinion if you don't like it then move to the next post and continue posting. Had you read my last one this was no longer about a "go" part in the show.

But i think the E-Show could have been held judging wise a little better. I gave an example of how it could be better. But its whatev. I guess i should shut up before my posts get deleted. icon_rolleyes.gif
A-Ray

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:38 am

Here is how I see it. Voting was done by the best means available on short notice. Maybe if this was a serious show with big prizes then it would be necessary to have outside help in judging other wise the voting method korn did was great.

I also think that if you didn't vote then you really don't have right to "complain" out the outcome, nor how things were done.

IMO, it does also seem like korn may be "jumping the gun" a little bit and "barking" at people for little or no reason. Now, you may not be "barking" at anyone, but that sure is what it seems like.

Korn, I do applaud you for taking the time to do this and I look forward to seeing another one in the future. If you need any help or suggestions with this next one, let me know and I will do what I can.
Kierra

Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:06 am

dont like how it was run, make your own.
kornholio788

Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks aray. I just am a little frustrated when as you said people that didn't even participate are ***** bout stuff. And btw I was barking. The neighbors dog was confused as **** biglaugh.gif

All in all what you said aray is exactly what I was trying to. I put alot of time and patients into this and it is just hte couple that are causing the trouble. I will still do another one and Aray I will most likely take you up on your offer. As this was a big enough project. Can't imagine how long it would take if we had 20 cars and 30 voters! EEK!!

And as said before robbie. Don't like it. Make your own. No one is stopping you. No one made you be in this. So just keep out of it. Obviously I am not going to take any of your comments or suggestions. So just give up already.
TheBrick

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 pm

AAWWWWWW poor robbie all upset he didnt win....whatta douche.

Look at the results you tool it was fair given who went into each catagory.
Chris

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Quote:
And as said before robbie. Don't like it. Make your own. No one is stopping you. No one made you be in this. So just keep out of it. Obviously I am not going to take any of your comments or suggestions. So just give up already.

Quote:
It always sucks when a couple people ruin it for everyone.

Wow, you sound like a tool. Maybe if you read all the posts and stop "attacking" or "defending" you would have seen this;

Quote:
If this kind of attitude keeps up, there won't BE another show. If you think that voting is biased, throw out an idea to keep it from being biased, or give it up...

Then, you would have realized Robbie offered an idea here;

Quote:
How about instead of just straight up voting, maybe get a small group of three or so people, who WON"T be entering. People who have possibly been to shows or helped judge and that know the kinds of thing to look for or go into it. Or just fashion up a set of grading rules.

These three people have to have no single bias views or special friendship with the entrants. If there is a known friendship or anything make sure they grade just as fairly, or their grade will not be taken into account. I really don't know, but a group of 3 or 4 based on a compiled list of something to go by would be great. And they need to be outside the show and not hosting it.

Right there is a nice idea on how voting can be done. But for you to say this;

Quote:
So just keep out of it. Obviously I am not going to take any of your comments or suggestions. So just give up already.

Just proves how arrogant you really are. Yes it was nice you took your time to do this, but don't take everything people say as a "kick to your face". They have a right to an opinion, but apparently you don't see this.

Go in the work field like that Mr. I won't take comments or suggestions. Wow, if I did that in either web design OR DJing, I'd be screwed.

Now, lay off Mr. Mod Happy. How the hell did you get this job anyways? And don't use "I'm on 24/7" because other people are, too. You're the most mod-happy on this board and it needs to stop.

Oh yeah, delete this too. I have it saved just in case you decide to be mod happy.
kornholio788

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Meh. The only thing I was mod happy about was this. But what ever. It is done and over. aint effecting me any.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:57 pm

A-Ray wrote:
Here is how I see it. Voting was done by the best means available on short notice. Maybe if this was a serious show with big prizes then it would be necessary to have outside help in judging other wise the voting method korn did was great.

I also think that if you didn't vote then you really don't have right to "complain" out the outcome, nor how things were done.

IMO, it does also seem like korn may be "jumping the gun" a little bit and "barking" at people for little or no reason. Now, you may not be "barking" at anyone, but that sure is what it seems like.

Korn, I do applaud you for taking the time to do this and I look forward to seeing another one in the future. If you need any help or suggestions with this next one, let me know and I will do what I can.

I didn't enter so Im not complaining icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to winners, maybe if I enter next time ill complain icon_smile.gif
Kierra

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm

who on here really doesnt have a biased view of the members of oz.. who isnt COMPLETELY new?

i havent even been here that long but i know the personalities of the people who post regularly.. and i could be biased on that if i wanted to
jol102001

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:11 pm

this is stupid /end thread already
blktbon20s

Post Fri May 30, 2008 8:45 pm

i say congrats to the winnars! and sorry for not entering or voting.
Korn u BETTER have another one..or else.....No not banned..just no more

ghrftudfsgvkjfdsvguksdghrtuvsbdvuhrtusvbs.ughjksdhvudrth.ksd

OKAY! icon_twisted.gif (inside joke)
robbie

Post Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I don't if you are best friends. You can either, sit there and vote for your friend or someone you know. OR actually take the time to realize that one car is OBVIOSULY better then the other. icon_rolleyes.gif

He obviously won't take any suggestions on something he was asking for them about. Why because he would rather sit here and go spastic on everything that he sees unfit. It was opinion as stated SEVERAL times i gave a more than helpful suggestion. Move on, As you always tell me "It's a public forum, the interwebs, it doesn't matter." icon_confused.gif
PwrRngr

Post Fri May 30, 2008 9:59 pm

I vote for locking this thread. Nothing new is coming to it and it's turned into a bunch of crying and "voicing opinions" and no longer congratulating the winners.
kornholio788

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 pm

^^Agreed.

Sad that it has to turn out like this. *Shakes head*
Knox

Post Sat May 31, 2008 6:55 pm

There are always people unhappy with results to car shows no matter what show it is. This is why I prefer car "meets" over car "shows". Unless it's the Unite show which has no judges.
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 10:33 am
Page 1 of 1