Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Remember my friends Escalade with 24s? - Page 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:10 pm

User posted image
User posted image

cussing.gif
Stolen right out of his driveway.
He hadn't even had them on a month.

Last edited by Knox on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
kornholio788

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Daayyymmnnn that sucks. Wheel locks ftw.
hyewarrior

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Damn that's horrible
Knox

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Locking lugs were on there. They really don't do **** at all to a good thief.
Kierra

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 pm

that blows..
H-Town

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 pm

ya, thats terrible.
Chris

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Atleast they put it on blocks and not on the ground, right?

Still sucks BAD.
corvettecrazy

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm

That does suck.

Chris wrote:
Atleast they put it on blocks and not on the ground, right?

Still sucks BAD.

That was for their own benefit so they could get the jack out. What would give me a chuckle is that if the stones were from his own landscaping.
Knox

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 pm

If anyone in the Orlando area could keep a look out for either someone selling these wheels or someone who just got some new 24s it would help.

They are Giovanna Caracas on Nitto tires.

User posted image
Aken

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm gonna start engraving any wheels I buy so that it's really obvious they're mine if they're stolen and found. That's terrible.
corvettecrazy

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Aken wrote:
I'm gonna start engraving any wheels I buy so that it's really obvious they're mine if they're stolen and found. That's terrible.

Some people have taped a sheet with their name and address and phone number inside the tire on the wheel saying something along the lines of "if the person getting work done is not John Doe then they are stolen. Please contact blah"

But a marking on the outside would make it obvious too.
Aken

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

That's a good idea, too.
kornholio788

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Very good idea.
02BlueStang

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 pm

what sucks is whoever stole them will sell them for 1/4 of what they are worth simply to get rid of them...

Crackheads for the loss....can pretty much guarantee they were taken in order to get money for drugs

Hope he had a serial number etc off the wheels...keep an eye on your local craigslist etc....theives can be smart to get them, but dumb when it comes to the things they do after the crime.
Tim

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Holy ****. That's insane. I would expect that from Detroit, or L.A.
pOrk

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:45 pm

If he can afford a truck like that, he can afford the insurance. This time he can get some better looking wheels, or take the money and put it to better use such as air suspension icon_smile.gif I keed I keed.
Knox

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:15 pm

I was just thinking about my other friend who got it even worse than this. He had a Denali on 24s and one day somebody slashed his tires so he got the tires replaced and the next day the whole truck was stolen. For being the scum of the earth, thieves can be pretty smart.
massie22790

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:27 pm

That really sucks! That truck looked bad a!
skillfullyboard

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about this man. I would hunt someone down and kill a ***** man
jdusty914

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 pm

I would let the air out of my own tires if I was not going to drive for a while and then laugh when someone tries to steal my car...just kidding...sucks for your buddy...
Moss

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Did you lend him the wheels you got from him?
Knox

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Nope. We're two hours away from each other when at school. I'm in Gainesville, he's in Orlando, and my stock wheels are in Ft Lauderdale. Plus I paid for these fair and square icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, I would probably give them back if he really wanted them even though I would be sad to see my stock wheels back on.
blktbon20s

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm

those wheel locks suck ass. YOu need to get the mc guard type. I have 2 of those on each rim (both have different key) and the other 3 lug nuts are the gorilla locking nuts. total of 3 different locks on each rim. Might say its alittle over board but i don't want to come out to my truck and find it on blocks
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Damn that really sucks. icon_cry.gif Yeah depending on the brand of locking lugs that were used,they can be fairly easy to get past.Most of the time they will just tap on an old socket and bust it loose. icon_confused.gif Let me guess...no aftermarket security system,just a factory setup was on his ride? If you're going to have some Hi dollar rollers on your ride,you definitely need an security system that has quality shock sensors and tilt switches. icon_cool.gif
blktbon20s

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Tat2Dragons wrote:
Damn that really sucks. icon_cry.gif Yeah depending on the brand of locking lugs that were used,they can be fairly easy to get past.Most of the time they will just tap on an old socket and bust it loose. icon_confused.gif Let me guess...no aftermarket security system,just a factory setup was on his ride? If you're going to have some Hi dollar rollers on your ride,you definitely need an security system that has quality shock sensors and tilt switches. icon_cool.gif

exactly. my old truck was broken into w/ the factory alarm..lets not call it alarm lets call the factory ****. Thankfully insurance paid for everything
Now with my explorer i just installed the viper 5901 series. Has the lastest technology and is by far the best alarm there is. 1 mile radius range its just a real nice piece..alittle pricy but worth it. If he is looking for an alarm let me know i'll hook him up with a good price
Knox

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 pm

I'm lookin for an alarm now, but I need to save up bigtime. I had the Viper 5900 on my last truck.
BLAZER_97

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 pm

How much do those alarms run for blk?
MedXLT

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Damn... I'd be SO **** if that happened to my truck... Although not really right now, BUT if I had nice wheels I'd be SO ****!
ryan71489

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:41 pm

I had the viper 5900 on my Malibu and got it taken out when it was totaled and now that i have my pricey radio in i got the 5900 put back in but i paid in total $400 installed for it including my bypass(on the bu). I think the 5901 is the new version of the 5900 if i am giving false information sorry. Good alarm though.

People are such assholes though. I agree that it was prolly for drug money. Such a messed up move.
Fo_SheeZy

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Wow that sucks...
SteveG

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Damn, I hope he finds them.

Edit, I have lock lugs on my wheels that only the tool I have is suppose to unlock them but why are they so easy to bypass if there made to stop this kind of action?
Killerzracing92

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 pm

corvettecrazy wrote:
Aken wrote:

Some people have taped a sheet with their name and address and phone number inside the tire on the wheel saying something along the lines of "if the person getting work done is not John Doe then they are stolen. Please contact blah"

But a marking on the outside would make it obvious too.

I had a print out that someone posted on another forum to put all your info for stolen wheels, but its on my other PC (which has Mega Ultra Aids)

Better rememeber that thats in there, incase you sell them LOL

That sucks alot, Im worried about my wheels

Is this the same guy who did a swap for the stock 22s to a Truck and put 24s on it or no?
Ryan88

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm

damn, insult to injury. I'd be ****! I wish I lived in Texas because you could shoot pieces of **** that do this stuff...
04yellowf150

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 am

wow dag gone thats crazy. why wasnt a vehicle like that in the garage?????
BLAZER_97

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:23 am

Looks to small^^
PwrRngr

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 am

SteveG wrote:
Damn, I hope he finds them.

Edit, I have lock lugs on my wheels that only the tool I have is suppose to unlock them but why are they so easy to bypass if there made to stop this kind of action?

Hammer + Bar = Broken stud.

Or you get a socket that's a little smaller than the locking nut/stud. Take a hammer and pound the socket onto the locking nut/stud. Remove socket and locking nut/stud.
corvettecrazy

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:56 am

04yellowf150 wrote:
wow dag gone thats crazy. why wasnt a vehicle like that in the garage?????

From my observation, very few people actually park their cars in their garages in FL
Kindschi

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

Wow that sucks!
blktbon20s

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:21 am

Knox wrote:
I'm lookin for an alarm now, but I need to save up bigtime. I had the Viper 5900 on my last truck.

the 5901 i can get for $320 shipped
5002-$220 shipped
560- $145 shipped
AutoAustin

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 am

Ryan88 wrote:
damn, insult to injury. I'd be ****! I wish I lived in Texas because you could shoot pieces of **** that do this stuff...

Wait.....we can?!?!?! why didnt anyone tell me this?!?!? Time to go find the retard that stole my candy back in the first grade
massie22790

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:42 am

AutoAustin wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

Wait.....we can?!?!?! why didnt anyone tell me this?!?!? Time to go find the retard that stole my candy back in the first grade

We can? icon_smile.gif
PwrRngr

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 am

AutoAustin wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

No you can not. Even in Texas you can't legally shoot someone for taking the wheels of your car that's in the driveway.
Lankhimself

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:16 am

God damn, that's ****. I would be livid if that happened to me.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 am

PwrRngr wrote:
AutoAustin wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

No you can not. Even in Texas you can't legally shoot someone for taking the wheels of your car that's in the driveway.

unless you can articulate that you believed when the individual stood up with the tire iron/lug wrench they positioned themselves in such away that I deemed it threatening and thus with them holding a deadly weapon that could cause severe bodily harm to myself or even death, I had no choice but to fire 2 shots to the chest before re-evaluating my target and putting them down for good with a failure drill to the brow line icon_razz.gif
corvettecrazy

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 am

02BlueStang wrote:
unless you can articulate that you believed when the individual stood up with the tire iron/lug wrench they positioned themselves in such away that I deemed it threatening and thus with them holding a deadly weapon that could cause severe bodily harm to myself or even death, I had no choice but to fire 2 shots to the chest before re-evaluating my target and putting them down for good with a failure drill to the brow line icon_razz.gif

Which for anyone who is not a police officer is hard to prove and you better have damn good evidence.
Ryan88

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am

I thought texas was the only state in which you can shoot people stealing stuff out of your property. I remeber korn or someone posted a thread a longgg time ago about some guy trying to break into a guys turbo neon, and the owner shot and killed him. The police asked a few questions and all was good.'

And then there was that story of that guy who shot the robbers that were robbing his neighbors house, didn't he get only asked a few Qs then let go?

Quote:
Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code describes deadly force as justified to prevent arson, robbery, theft or criminal mischief at night, or to prevent a suspect from fleeing if the property owner "reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/new...008dnmetfightingback.6a8cbd.html
ENCMazda3

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am

Hope he kept his stockers.
Kindschi

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:46 am

If you shoot em, kill em. Then all you gotta say is they threated your life verbally... They are holding aweapon, make a threating statement and you acted to save your life. Dead bodies cant talk so whos gonnna argue with you about it?
Knox

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

ENCMazda3 wrote:

I bought the stockers off him and they're on my truck now icon_lol.gif

Insurance is gunna get him a new pair of wheels, he just can't drive it until the money comes through unfortunately.

Last edited by Knox on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total
PwrRngr

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 am

Knox wrote:
ENCMazda3 wrote:

I bought the stockers off him and they're on my truck now icon_lol.gif

Insurance is gunna get him a new pair of wheels, he just can't drive it until the money comes through unfortunately.

Tell him to get it on jack stands while he waits.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Kindschi wrote:
If you shoot em, kill em. Then all you gotta say is they threated your life verbally... They are holding aweapon, make a threating statement and you acted to save your life. Dead bodies cant talk so whos gonnna argue with you about it?

Make sure its not just verbal...MUST have a weapon and you MUST be in immediate fear of your life or family/friends who are at the residence life and there was no other means available that could have stopped the threat...

Sucks, but if the theif makes any attempt to leave or withdrawls from the encounter and you pull the trigger, stab em, beat em with a bat while they are attempting to leave the situation...be prepared to face criminal charges....I personally believe this law is flawed; every crook should know that is a risk they take when comitting certain offenses such as Burglaries on residences etc. Would def. keep the crime rate on those crimes much lower than they are now.
Krolla

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:09 pm

He should probably invest in a high quality alarm system rather then wheels.
skillfullyboard

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Tat2Dragons wrote:

You sound like you've experienced this..............lol
PwrRngr

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

skillfullyboard wrote:
Tat2Dragons wrote:

I've done it before. The locking "socket" on my Cobra broke and Ford wanted like $50 for a new one. I had to get it off somehow. This is fairly common. I think Autozone sells a remover also.
skillfullyboard

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:55 pm

02BlueStang wrote:

Jesus christ. I wish I new the law like that. I guess its percs to being a cop
corvettecrazy

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 pm

02BlueStang wrote:
Make sure its not just verbal...MUST have a weapon and you MUST be in immediate fear of your life or family/friends who are at the residence life and there was no other means available that could have stopped the threat...

Sucks, but if the theif makes any attempt to leave or withdrawls from the encounter and you pull the trigger, stab em, beat em with a bat while they are attempting to leave the situation...be prepared to face criminal charges....I personally believe this law is flawed; every crook should know that is a risk they take when comitting certain offenses such as Burglaries on residences etc. Would def. keep the crime rate on those crimes much lower than they are now.

I believe the law is good where it stands. If they are attempting to leave or withdraw from the encounter then they are not a threat.

Also, it wouldn't be a burglary if a person or people were present in the house/dwelling, it would be a robbery at that point. biglaugh.gif
Tat2Dragons

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:58 pm

skillfullyboard wrote:
Tat2Dragons wrote:

Nah,it's just common knowledge. icon_smile.gif
02BlueStang

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 pm

corvettecrazy wrote:
02BlueStang wrote:

I believe the law is good where it stands. If they are attempting to leave or withdraw from the encounter then they are not a threat.

Also, it wouldn't be a burglary if a person or people were present in the house/dwelling, it would be a robbery at that point. biglaugh.gif

Criminal charge would be 1st or 2nd degree burlary which are both felonies...just depends on what they broke into. A robbery would be a hold up at a convenience store or purse snatching etc icon_wink.gif
Ryan88

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:16 am

I'd rather see the robber dead icon_surprised.gif one less scum on earth.
corvettecrazy

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 am

02BlueStang wrote:
Criminal charge would be 1st or 2nd degree burlary which are both felonies...just depends on what they broke into. A robbery would be a hold up at a convenience store or purse snatching etc icon_wink.gif

Yes, as a burglary is non confrontational (stealing from an empty dwelling/house) and a robbery would have confrontation. (people present in the dwelling/house)
02BlueStang

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:04 am

if people were present in the house then you get into other charges....most likely would see a Burglary (for the residence) charge as well as a Robbery charge, 1 count for each individual who was home/present during the burglary and came into contact with the burglar/robber...

then depending on where it goes from there you get into assault, agg. assault, weapons charges if they are armed, kidnapping if they are held against their will in the home etc...

basically, if you ever have to stop at any point in time in your life and think about your next move and if any of those charges are involved...just put a bullet in your head, unless you like small confined areas icon_wink.gif
Kierra

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:26 am

we have been over this countless times.
numerous threads. if someone is stealing **** off your car or damaging your car, you cant hurt them.
deal with it biglaugh.gif
Knox

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Some guy on the FSC forums had an awesome story. Someone was stealing the wheels off his truck one night and he saw the guy under the truck with jackstands so he kicked a jackstand out and the guy was stuck under there until the cops showed up. Cops asked if the jackstand fell on its own and he said yes. pirate.gif
dragon8807

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm

that sucks
Knox

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:51 pm

So insurance is covering the replacement of the wheels and he said he might get the same wheels, but in black this time.
PwrRngr

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 am

Knox wrote:
Some guy on the FSC forums had an awesome story. Someone was stealing the wheels off his truck one night and he saw the guy under the truck with jackstands so he kicked a jackstand out and the guy was stuck under there until the cops showed up. Cops asked if the jackstand fell on its own and he said yes. pirate.gif

I call BS on this story. First, how do you kick a jackstand out from under a vehicle when the vehicle is on it? If they are placed decent, they don't move easily. Second, why was a guy UNDER the vehicle when he was just stealing the wheels? Last time I changed my wheels I wasn't under the car. icon_confused.gif
78_towncar_460

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:37 am

It looks like your friend even has a motion sensor light outside the garage as well.

That's too bad though. I'd hate to have to park a nice car outside all the time.
Knox

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 am

PwrRngr wrote:
Knox wrote:

I call BS on this story. First, how do you kick a jackstand out from under a vehicle when the vehicle is on it? If they are placed decent, they don't move easily. Second, why was a guy UNDER the vehicle when he was just stealing the wheels? Last time I changed my wheels I wasn't under the car. icon_confused.gif

Ha I didn't really think that hard into it. I just accepted the awesomeness of the story icon_lol.gif
Kwonrae

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

Knox wrote:
PwrRngr wrote:
Knox wrote:

Ha I didn't really think that hard into it. I just accepted the awesomeness of the story icon_lol.gif

I may need one of those alarms for the Bronco, $320 shipped what is the average install price??
thesull

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:34 am

These people need to be shot...

something that is odd... get this...

My friend has a denali... apparently the same thing was about to happen to him but he walks out on the kid...

He didn't know he was missing 4 lugs on the passenger rear rim...

He goes down the interstate and the rim flys off.. I was behind him and watched as his truck spins back and forth on the axle... it was scary but funny too heheh

I hate thieves..
aznboiquyen

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Damn dude. Ne ways did yall see my new 24'' wheels i got????????? hahah jkjk
Knox

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Back in black

User posted image
User posted image
User posted image

Last edited by Knox on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total
Kevin_S

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 pm

looks like **** in my opinion
knatebetz

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:19 pm

for some reason they look small..

also too much chrome on the car to go with anything less then chrome wheels.
MedXLT

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 am

I think the chrome looked better too...
Kindschi

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:38 am

If he gets rid of all the chrome trim pieces it would look a hell of alot better.
Knox

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:18 am

They do appear smaller, but they're the exact same size. I think it's because the lip and the tire kind of blend together. He said he's gunna black out some of the chrome pieces, but not all.
knatebetz

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:34 am

blackout completely or not at all.. though i like contrast, just wouldn't look right with a few pieces that are chrome
SteveG

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah, I agree on going with the chrome again.
Ryan88

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am

I like them alot!
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2