Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Inferno V3 discussion - Page 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:39 am

HELLO OZNIUMITES

Oznium is looking at the possibility of creating a new Underbody Kit.

What better way than to get your feedback, ideas, and suggestions for help bringing the best kit into the market.

It will be a fun process and one that we are glad to keep our customers a part of!

To say that we will be able to fulfill every wish and desire will obviously be untrue.
Perhaps even some of my own ideas will not be efficient for us to create.
[looks out for shoot downs by Phil ;) ;)]

To me right now there could be two options.

A cheaper and barebone kit while utilizing some of the great points of previous kits like Superflux LED's and the indestructible tubes, small patterns.

Or the idea I would like is to advance past the V2 and add even more awesomeness to an already awesome line of Underbody Kits.

An idea that I have had is to integrate a type of display on the inside of the car that will show you what is going on outside of the car.
Perhaps a larger display which in the middle had the familiar display that we are used to and on the outside you could utilize 2 single RGB LED's to represent the front and rear tubes and 3 single RGB LED's to represent the side tubes.
Utilizing multiple LED's could allow you to still ascertain patterns and not just a single color.

That is my first idea, I have plenty more but won't overwhelm you all.

Lets discuss.
Once we have a better idea of what we are trying to accomplish we can figure out what people would be willing to spend on such a new kit.

D A N N Y
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 am

Radio Remotes
no more having to get super close with IR

D A N N Y
ryan71489

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:29 am

ECU's that don't have to be replaced one a month.
kornholio788

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 am

Order more at a crack so you don't have **** off customers that can't buy the product you promote. Keep more product on inventory. And this doesn't just go for the underglow. But all your product. You guys used to be great about this. Low prices, always in stock, ready to go. And this was when you were a smaller company. Look how much you have expanded. Now it seems there is always a bunch out of stock, prices keep going up(I understand the economy but what about the cathodes?), and customers are turning away. I find myself going to superbright leds. Doesn't matter what your service is like if you don't have the product in stock to service me on. Used to be you could tell you were there for the little guy.

Having a big display like that won't work. I sure wouldn't want a huge display like that in my car. Would look out of place. Have them use a splitter and a strip and put that in the vents or something. Boom done.

Radio remotes are good. But can you get a frequency that won't be accidentally turned on by other remotes? I find this being a problem with other types of products. Last thing I want is to come out to see my car lights on and a cop sitting there with a ticket waiting.

Listen to your customers. You are concerned about comming out with a new product. When you have multiple customers upset that you don't and won't have your other products in stock for a long time.
bad venge

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:03 am

Yes a display might be nice , but mounting can be trouble , How about a REMOTE that displays the colors , That way you can just look at the remote to see whats going on
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 am

From what I know, there is a patent on replicating the colors and scanning features of the underbody kit on your display. StreetGlow had to remove this feature, but they might have gotten around it by making it wireless. Another option could just be putting a tube under the dash that replicates the underbody pattern (or like FocalFury did in his car, put a tube in the trunk, so its visible in the rear view mirror.

anyways, carry on..
clutch1

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 am

Phil wrote:
From what I know, there is a patent on replicating the colors and scanning features of the underbody kit on your display. StreetGlow had to remove this feature, but they might have gotten around it by making it wireless. Another option could just be putting a tube under the dash that replicates the underbody pattern (or like FocalFury did in his car, put a tube in the trunk, so its visible in the rear view mirror.

anyways, carry on..

The ledunderbody.com kit I had back in the day did this, and also the Varad underbody kit, as well. The Varad's was all nice and simple in a remote/display about the size of my thumb, not to mention it only had one button, and one million color LED to show color, and a few red ones showing the pattern. Whereas the ledunderbody one had an entire display, showing each tube and 3 leds showing which colors were on, and a seperate button for each function. It was about the size of... my Garmin Nuvi200, say (2" - 3").

I really do like the idea of a display hsowing what the car's doing, it worked well for both of those kits, and would love to see it implemented on an Oznium product. I think that perhaps the best bet would be to make it it's own plug on the ECU, seperate from the little traditional display, that way it's an option, or simply can be placed it a different location.

Also, better remote function, as was noted earlier. Not sure if the V2's wprk better, but the V1 certainly could use improvement, it can be a pain. I'm not sure what OEM Key FOBs use, but they seem to always work well, could perhaps use technology like that.

As per the higher-tech V3, a memory stick function would be cool... but I suppose would take development. Have a simple computer program to program a pattern, color combo, etc, then load on a SD card and insert into a slot on the ECU/Display/etc and run the pattern/color combo. Perhaps that's slightly out there though.

The last I can think of is just smoother pattern flow. ICEled is the only truly smoothe kit I think out there, it could use some competition perhaps icon_cool.gif
bad venge

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am

I LOVE the SD card idea ... If Thats not achieveable how about four "memory" buttons , programmed for your favorite patterns/colors ... That way you can store the favorites and bring them up with a push of the button /buttons
A-Ray

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am

Just make sure the kits last!

I know these things aren't supposed to last forever but I think the V2 isn't as "indestructible" as its sold to be. Sure I can hit the thing with a hammer or drive over it and the tube wont' break on the outside, but I'm not quite sure about the stuff on the inside.

I could care less about the display idea because I have extra 6" tubes showing me what the left and right tubes are doing and soon I will have one in the trunk telling me what that one is doing.

The memory remote is a great idea.
HoolaKinG

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 am

- The ability to program custom designs/patterns/color combinations on a computer and transfer them to your car

- The ability to extend tubes length through additional tubes and have the pattern extend as well

- LEDs that spread further to achieve a more uniform glow

- Flexible for ease of installation

- Smoother color changes

- Smother designs/patterns

Obviously not all ideas would work, and some would be cost prohibitive, but as long as it is a wish list...

For a cheap kit, just brighter single color with more spread.
Chris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am

Make sure they remain in stock.
EricCartman

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 am

Maybe consider using RGB instead of individual LEDs for the colors. I think in the end it might end up putting out much more light.

A "street wise" mode woud be nice.

Perhaps integrate "triggers" for turning on the kit - say when a door opens... I know, it can be done with a little bit of external HW, but it would make a cleaner install.

6' tube option

I think I saw someone in another thread mention something about a "knight rider" scanner mode...

Display with LEDs to show you want is going on outside the car (I know... you already said that. icon_smile.gif)

Quick connects connects on the tubes, instead of being soldered/fixed (I think V2 is already like this)

Ability to create your own light show patterns... maybe a tool on your website to design patterns, then connect to your PC to put the program into your ECU. If you wanted to get really trick... add a wi-fi connection to do this... but that might be a little too advanced. icon_smile.gif

Maybe instead of having only one "plane" of lights... you could put the equivlent of 2 tubes in one... mounted in a \/ configuration. Would give much wider light spread.

That's all I can think of for now... icon_biggrin.gif

Cartman
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 am

MicroSD with the ability to create "light shows" via computer program.

Possibly bluetooth integration so patterns can be controlled via laptop or even an iPhone via wifi. Now THAT would be awesome.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am

To everyone that has posted comments about the V2 being out of stock or better quality to the point that we are not doing good business with this product..

Your comments have been noted in the previous threads and handled as best we can by myself or other Oznium Employees.

We are dedicated to trying to create the best product and staying innovative for you.

To that end I am not satisfied with the level the V2 is at right now and have spoken with Phil that we should just create a new Kit that we are happier with.

While I understand this will take some time, it will be a better solution long term to you and future customers to design a better underbody kit that will be of a high standard.

Again your comments have been noted and I would hope that this thread can move forward in a better way to help come up with new ideas rather than problems with the V2 not being in stock.

We are creating a new kit for you and this is why I have come up with the idea so that you as the customer and enthusiast will be happy in the end.

D A N N Y
Project Manager
orangesuburban

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 am

better remotes or better controllability of the kits, the V1 remote is pretty hard to figure out how to use, and having to push one button twice then another 3 times, then another once, then pause the kit, and turn off to save... surely there can be a better way for that.

i know the 4ft tubes are 2ft tubes that are soldered together maybe sell the kit as just a series of 2ft tubes and the user can connect them (via a quick connect) as they see fit, rather then being stuck to 1,3, or 4ft lengths.

i like the idea of a bendable light, this would prolly add a huge cost to the kit, but offering a 2ft "hard" bar at $x and a "soft" bar at $xx would be great to add wheel well lighting that kept up with everything.

i have a V1 so idk how the V2 works, but i am stuck with the lights i have now, for me to add more tubes i would need to buy another ECU, its almost cheaper to buy another kit then to buy everything needed to make the ECU and 1ft tubes work. so a new ECU style that could handle powered 10000000000000ft of tube, just add spliters, would be great.

im having an issue with 2 of the phone plugs staying in the ECU, so maybe switch to a twist lock connector?

maybe even switch to putting an ECU on each tube so they are a 3 wire, pos, neg, and data... plug all the datas together and the signal is sent through that. there are times i wish i could have my interior showing a different pattern then my exterior...
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 am

The V2 uses a 3-wire connection already, though the ECU isn't located on the tubes.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks for the ideas people.

The memory function or save 3 of your favorite patterns/settings was something I had thought of too!

A scanner would be a great idea and I know in the past we have played with having one to rival ICELED

I thought of street wise mode last night as well with white in front amber sides red back.

I know the ICELED UFO has a door pin switch, we'll have to see if that is feasible but it is a good idea.

----
Hoola
The idea to create computer software would be awesome....i worry it would be to expensive but I will see what we can do

extedned/more tubes is something i'm very keen on.
I imagine tubes with connectors on both ends so that you hook up lets say a flexible 2' tube in the wheel well that goes directly to the side tube and to the other wheel well tube. All to plug into the 'LEFT' plug of the ECU.

Flexible could be a small issue, but hopefully we can incorporate something like this while being able to maintain rigid quality. Flex will fail more than rigid for obvious reasons, but I like the idea of flexible if just for the wheel well tubes as stated above.

Smoothe is always good icon_smile.gif

----
A-Ray
That is what i did with my V2 icon_smile.gif I put a 4' tube in the back of my amp rack facing ceiling so I can see whats going on just by looking in my rear view mirror

---------
clutch1
The reason the Inferno V1 & V2 had problems were strictly the fact it was line of sight IR.
IF we can switch to a radio remote like key fobs are we definitely will

----
kornholio
thats what I was worried about was a big display
perhaps we could have 2 spots out of the ECU
one for the color display and one for the pattern display
who knows

as for radio remotes...we will have all be on separate frequencies as thats how our remote on/off, strobe dimmer, and freedom controllers are now.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE IDEAS
hopefully by the end of this week we can begin to truly pool the ideas together icon_smile.gif

D A N N Y
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm

My ideas will remain within my head, unless someone creates a compensation for them. Ideas on how to help make profit for Oznium should also help with some type of royalties to the person giving the idea. I don't suggest anyone else give their ideas either.
coolbam

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm

lol ^

Anyways keep it 3 wires and pluggable. So easy like that.

The ONLY complaint I had about the v2 remote was the fact that it was so damn confusing to use. I would like to have a section for "1 touch" to each of the different colors. On the v2 you have to go to 3 different "menus" to get to a single color.

The brightness is fine but even more definitely won't hurt.

The memory function for 3 - 4 favorite patterns is a must.
coolbam

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:31 pm

And also keep the 6 inch thing and/or possibly go back to 1 foot.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 pm

coolbam wrote:
lol ^

Anyways keep it 3 wires and pluggable. So easy like that.

The ONLY complaint I had about the v2 remote was the fact that it was so damn confusing to use. I would like to have a section for "1 touch" to each of the different colors. On the v2 you have to go to 3 different "menus" to get to a single color.

The brightness is fine but even more definitely won't hurt.

The memory function for 3 - 4 favorite patterns is a must.

I'll be honest I have the V2 and I don't know what all it can do.
This is top priority to have something simple but still able to do a myriad of patterns

D A N N Y
Losing quickly

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
My ideas will remain within my head, unless someone creates a compensation for them. Ideas on how to help make profit for Oznium should also help with some type of royalties to the person giving the idea. I don't suggest anyone else give their ideas either.

Smart Man.
coolbam

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Cool D A N N Y. I just had it in my garage after install and would just start hitting random buttons.

I got the single color thing down quick but getting one solid color with another passing thru it was always a challenge for me.

I loved the blue/red cop lights though.

Hopefully next year I can do a full UB once again.
bad venge

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:

Well YES and NO ... I think they are after ideas on what we want to give us a kit we want to buy , yes it would be nice to throw us a bone if they use your idea (like $100 off a kit or something)
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:13 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:

Well that would be your choice i guess, just hope I don't hear you say anything about it not being what you want when it comes around ;) ;) biglaugh.gif

I don't know how many places or companies would try and get the publics complete opinion and help developing something like this.

If an idea is good I will look into each and every one in the effort of creating the best kit for the money for Oznium Customers
D A N N Y
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

i've give you one advice. screw the superfkux leds in your kit. They are not the right type of LEDs for an underglow kit. Stick with 5mm.

I will stick with ICE cause there is nothing you can do to beat it.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
i've give you one advice. screw the superfkux leds in your kit. They are not the right type of LEDs for an underglow kit. Stick with 5mm.

can I ask what is wrong with using the Superflux for an Underbody Kit as opposed to the 5mm
perhaps you can explain it to me.

D A N N Y
HoolaKinG

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

If I had to guess I'd say because you end up putting the light sources further away from each other, which makes blending and patterns not as good.

That's just a guess though.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok this is what I want to see in the V3 verison:

An endless light...

Ok make the basic 4 tube kit BUTTT make each tube connectable to the next and have a tube kit that is flexible ;)

so you can make a U around each tire area ;)

then you can make the pattern CIRCLE the car and make it look like a REAL UFO hehe

The ULTIMATE v3 design would do this and would be the FIRST kit on the market ;)

Radio remote would be amazing but my IDEA wins all

/thread ;)

REPLACE THE DAMN S-VIDEO CONNECTOR with a USB or something that can STAY IN PLACE... my cars have HP/TQ... I put the small tubers underneath my seats and the screen thing would pull out ;(
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Focal Fury wrote:
alienyoungjr wrote:

can I ask what is wrong with using the Superflux for an Underbody Kit as opposed to the 5mm

D A N N Y

Vehicle low to the ground will be fine for this type of LED, but vehicles that are higher or raised would not benefit from them, and loose the patterns available in the kit. I have played with the V2, and show how much patterns began to degrade, and mix too much. IMO any vehicle that has over a 6" ground clearance would starts loosing the patterns clarity.

Superflux LEDs have a 100+/- degree angle, while most 5mm have 60+/- degree spread. For making a kit that is universal to all heights of vehicle the superflux is a bad choice. Now if you are looking into the superflux for brightness then you chose the wrong path IMO. You can still find 5-chip 5mm LEDs that are out there. I use them on many of my recent, and future projects.
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I want a kit with a remote that looks like Terra Patrick that blows me.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
Focal Fury wrote:
alienyoungjr wrote:

D A N N Y

Vehicle low to the ground will be fine for this type of LED, but vehicles that are higher or raised would not benefit from them, and loose the patterns available in the kit. I have played with the V2, and show how much patterns began to degrade, and mix too much. IMO any vehicle that has over a 6" ground clearance would starts loosing the patterns clarity.

Superflux LEDs have a 100+/- degree angle, while most 5mm have 60+/- degree spread. For making a kit that is universal to all heights of vehicle the superflux is a bad choice. Now if you are looking into the superflux for brightness then you chose the wrong path IMO. You can still find 5-chip 5mm LEDs that are out there. I use them on many of my recent, and future projects.

Ya I was already thinking of things like this...nice to hear a confirmation icon_smile.gif
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Here is my idea kinda rough but you get the picture ;)

User posted image

the orange (red/green) hehe is where the flex tubes would be ;) of course each car would be different and I suggest maybe making these like 3 or 4 ft? Maybe lift a couple cars and get the measurements?? or even make them go thru the wheel well area...

I think I have painted a picture in your head... you get my idea...

ENDLESS glow underbody kit...

Think it would be the VERY first on the market right? that comes in the package

F streetglow ;) hehe

Edit: and use MORE leds... no spacing them out use MORE... heh
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

OH and I would think about making the basic controller than would do basic functions then having a advanced controller to program with..

From a marketing stance...
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:39 pm

^^^
I like the idea.
I think it would be good to use the wheel well portion of the vehicle.

Im not sure how viable it is but I wonder if you could create just one long hookup all the way around.
It would take some interesting ECU programing but instead of having 4 hookups its just one long series of tubes connected.
Would make chase patterns cooler

I dunno

D A N N Y
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Exactly make the chasing patterns ;)

like a giant flying saucer ;)

But think about the marketing ...

It would be the very first kit that would make the car come to life as a single glowing pattern...

The dancing could be intense...

Hell if I still knew hoe to do basic programming to rom ;/ I would try and tinker with it... but I have not done that type of programming in a LOOOONNNNG time..

would be a basic idea to start with ;)

The ecu could have a connector for single pattern and still have ZONEs...

I can see a bunch of wires but hey... or the idea ;) whatever works ;) heh

replace the S-Video style connector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do something like USB based ;)
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Focal Fury wrote:
^^^
I like the idea.
I think it would be good to use the wheel well portion of the vehicle.

Im not sure how viable it is but I wonder if you could create just one long hookup all the way around.
It would take some interesting ECU programing but instead of having 4 hookups its just one long series of tubes connected.
Would make chase patterns cooler

I dunno

D A N N Y

one company already tried that, and it backfired on them. look into color-morphics. it was a kit that used one long hook up. they failed cause they sold them only in one foot tubes so you had to daisy chain all of them. you could do better than that, but you will increase parts so the tubes can continue the transmission of data to the next tube.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:52 pm

I am thinking this...

Keep the 4 zones on the ecu for those who don't want to connect them. but there would be a seperate port for the O connected effect ;)

on each end the tubes can connect to other tubes via a connector sold on the site... ;)

and then sell the wheel well kits... to connect the 4 broken zones in each wheel...

Don't make it so small keep a LARGER picture... some people like the 4 tube look some people want a full glow look..

Appeal to the masses and offer a kit that can do both.

Have the basic 4 tube kit but then if you want you can expand... to a seemly glow..

maybe find a way of using a FLEXABLE/ sealed version... maybe like the heavy duty flex strips?

I dunno bouncing ideas right now...
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 pm

1) Display in plain / written English (strobe mode 4)

2) Memory chip embedded (maybe 2,048kb memory card to hold programs / custom DMX style programs. Memory chip on would flash via USB to computer (mini-USB on the ECU) or Bluetooth it up.

3) Switch on-board to control intensity of remote / possible extra receptacle for a 23A battery to BOOST antenna range.

Oh and for all of our forgetful customers, who fry their ECU's weekly and wonder why, a festoon style fuse built into the ECU, to save us all a bit of time icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm

^^^ A fuse to protect the ECU would be nice ;)
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:59 pm

every single exposed input/output should have reverse-voltage/over-voltage/short-circuit protection
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm

What would be even nicer is knowing the pattern codes so I could create a program for apple/windows for use via bluetooth on a cell phone...

to control colors and zones!

Would be awesome! No longer lose your remote! And you can create custom colors on your cell phone as well as your computer! schweet ;)

I knwo the sequences cannot be that hard to learn and figure out... a bunch of different ons and ofs and if this else that

depends on what code you want vb/c#/asp... I can do it all ;) heh

Wouldn't be to hard to create either!

Damn kris you struck an idea!!

Bluetooth for the mother fu win!
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:31 pm

I'd rather see an expanded selection of linkable parts like IceLed has. The ability for these products (either 6" or 1ft tubes) to CONTINUE patterns, not just the Last pixel.

More expandibility for the v1 or v2.
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
every single exposed input/output should have reverse-voltage/over-voltage/short-circuit protection

+1 Internets for you sir. This goes hand in hand with the ECU fuse holster. icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

thesull wrote:

I knwo the sequences cannot be that hard to learn and figure out... a bunch of different ons and ofs and if this else that

depends on what code you want vb/c#/asp... I can do it all ;) heh

Wouldn't be to hard to create either!

Damn kris you struck an idea!!

Bluetooth for the mother fu win!

+1. I could code this in VB6, let alone VB.net for Windows based mobile operating systems in a heartbeat. It's all just I/O functions. Very simple, sounds more complicated than it is. I setup a similiar setup at a datacenter I used to work at, toggling the reset switches on 500+ servers. Set it up with breadboards icon_smile.gif Saved us thousands on KVM switches.

BlueTooth controller + Handheld bluetooth device = Epic advancement / win.

Now just to get it all figured out. Good thing I'm on iPhone 3.0 software / have an SDK account. Time to get on the horn with Shenzhen! icon_twisted.gif
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Yea it wouldn't be hard at all really... just a little trial and error and bam! I would be on a roll...

Lets make some If statements together hehe

If this else that end if = to hehe

OzV3Button1 = BadARSE Mode
OzV3Button2 = BadderARSE Mode
End If(Battery.Dead)
'These modes will drain batteries.

heh

Would be fun honestly to code it via and use it bluetooth... think of the possibilities... I did a small program using a USB cord to control my homemade robot... it was or my graduate program I am still in 3 years later ;(
zanson

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 pm

ok some ideas since i love playing with the patterns...

for music modes, let it randomly dance throught not only color but patterns and anyhting else.

STROBE... need i say more?

using a single led with all 3 colors would give a much better pattern.

USB hookup to PC and to the lcd display would be awesome.

PC hookup can allow you to edit patterns and colors easily (even if you dont make the program im sure we can start an open source program to do everything. even on the fly changing and controling for people like me that have a car PC. would be amazing.)

definately make a converter for RGB outs so people can use and make their own tubes. (common negitive or something like that)

expandable so multiple ECU's can talk to each other.

expandable tuibes to continue patterns not just last pixil.

if i have more ideas i'll post em. but def using usb and known technologies and standards for lighting control would make expanding and customizing this a lot better.
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 pm

thesull wrote:
Yea it wouldn't be hard at all really... just a little trial and error and bam! I would be on a roll...

Lets make some If statements together hehe

If this else that end if = to hehe

OzV3Button1 = BadARSE Mode
OzV3Button2 = BadderARSE Mode
End If(Battery.Dead)
'These modes will drain batteries.

heh

Would be fun honestly to code it via and use it bluetooth... think of the possibilities... I did a small program using a USB cord to control my homemade robot... it was or my graduate program I am still in 3 years later ;(

Little update from: End If(Battery.Dead)

Private Sub VoltageCheck()
Dim VoltOKLow as Integer
Dim VoltOKHigh as Integer
Dim VoltLow as Integer
Dim VoltHigh as Integer

VoltOKLow = 11.8
VoltOKHigh = 15.0
VoltLow = 10.0
VoltHigh = 15.1

If System.Voltage < VoltLow or System.Voltage > VoltHigh Then
DisplayMsg "Voltage Protection Enabled"
SystemShutdown()

Else If VoltOKLow < System.Voltage < VoltOKHigh Then
DisplayMsg "Voltage OK"

End

EDIT:Hopefully up to par now...

mmMmm I miss programming.

Used to exploit FormMails back in the day, using Multisocket Winsock VB6 programs I made to 'mass mail' as a wee teen for cash silly.gif An ECU program for this would be clockwork. Now just to port it from VBcode -> the 8086 chip or whatever's on board.
biglaugh.gif

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 4 times in total
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:59 pm

zanson wrote:

USB hookup to PC and to the lcd display would be awesome.

PC hookup can allow you to edit patterns and colors easily (even if you dont make the program im sure we can start an open source program to do everything. even on the fly changing and controling for people like me that have a car PC. would be amazing.)

You know us. I'm already thinking of how I'd code this in both a PC and Mac setting. We'd definitely keep it open source, as that's the Oz spirit. I'm definitely going to look into getting it USB enabled for flashing / creating custom programs.

If we made a custom DMX style program capability, Oznium would of course help develop it, take input from the community, SourceForge / open source it, and make sure it's done right.

I think we're getting somewhere here!

And while the LCD display might not be fancy (want to keep costs down) I would look for something where you can at least read messages from the display 'Voltage Protection Enabled', etc. No more D9 R4, etc. I'll also work as much as I can with the company in developing the firmware for the V3.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Hahahaha

You went as far as setting them as integers! haha

Now you know we are geeky...
But you didn't finish the then statement... what about your If or Else?

Yea I have not used the ROM type program since I was a wee kid... and yes I did the cash things too ;) hehe I mas bomb'd forums and e-mails hell .02 a click ;) heh

When yahoo and hotmail were the only e-mails really ;) heh

Now are they using what chipset tho? PROM/ROM/EPROM... A little more info to the exact chipset and configuration ;)

I have a couple of the tuner based readers so I can flash tune the ROMs for Car ECUs... Hrmm.... my mind is wandering now ;) I need to decompile the tuning software and see the read/write structure ;)
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Kris wrote:

Private Sub VoltageCheck()
Dim VoltOKLow as Integer
Dim VoltOKHigh as Integer
Dim VoltLow as Integer
Dim VoltHigh as Integer

VoltOKLow = 11.8
VoltOKHigh = 15.0
VoltLow = 10.0
VoltHigh = 15.1

If System.Voltage < VoltLow or System.Voltage > VoltHigh Then
DisplayMsg "Voltage Protection Enabled"
SystemShutdown()

Else If VoltOKLow < System.Voltage < VoltOKHigh Then
DisplayMsg "Voltage OK"

End

EDIT:Hopefully up to par now...

EDIT: I should have used constants... Sigh. silly.gif

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:12 pm

hahahaha

To funny! I was just pulling your leg... I just am so use to the graduate program and basic little errors pop out at me. was a TA for a couple semesters to get 50% tuition...

OMG and you went as far as setting the variables hahahaha

Now the state doesn't do that anymore ;( cutbacks suck

Oh and I just found a forum for programming 8051 chips hahahahaha

They have a whole forum! And I researched a little there and they have used Bluetooth to turn lights on in the house!! Hell yea ;) A step in the right direction quickly!

hahahaha
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm

*Woooaaahhh, we're halfway there...* biglaugh.gif
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:20 pm

They like LEDs too ;)

Ninja Edit:
Found it!!!!! BLUETOOTH CONTROL -> HAND TO FACE -> HELL YEA
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 pm

The display I was talking about.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Kinda sad actually I get excited about electronics I feel like a nerd...

I figured as much! It would be nice to use that display with basic back lighting...
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Did you see the bluetooth post above???
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 pm

bad venge

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
one company already tried that, and it backfired on them. look into color-morphics. it was a kit that used one long hook up. they failed cause they sold them only in one foot tubes so you had to daisy chain all of them. you could do better than that, but you will increase parts so the tubes can continue the transmission of data to the next tube.

Wasn't the Colorstorm the same idea ??? 18" tubes all the way around
bad venge

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:40 pm

How about adding sets of Zenon strobes built into the tubes ???
I have the Redline undercar strobe kit beside the other kit and love the look of bright white strobes throughout the patterns
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 pm

The idea of tubes going all the way around would be great
perhaps we would come up with basic and advanced kits
basic is just the normal 4 tubes
advanced is 4 tubes + 4x 2' flex tubes for wheel well.
extra 2'tubes would be available to connect to other tubes for maximum coverage.

Each tube could benefit from having connectors on each end I think through to 'lengthen tube'
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:47 pm

How about....putting your money into a savings account instead of spending $600+ on LEDs that you will get sick of in three years when you graduate high school and realize how expensive the real world is?
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Tim....

I live in the real world?

I spend my money how I please ;) Plus I have ruts and high points all year long ;) I may own a couple little self start ups here and there but I always keep a part time job to keep some spending cash in my pockets ;)

But i I want something I want it... simply put ;)

Seriously, fet the F out of the thread if your not going to be helpful or productive...

I actually think your are being negative in remarks towards oznium in that regard...
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Thanks deputy Dan.
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Tim wrote:
How about....putting your money into a savings account instead of spending $600+ on LEDs that you will get sick of in three years when you graduate high school and realize how expensive the real world is?

The real world is quite expensive. It's why I give you free hosting every month. Give us a bloody break here Tim. We're into LCD and BlueTooth discussion at this point. Needn't nay say right now.

I'd rather a teenager spend their money on uniquely customizing their car. It gives them something productive to do, gives them electrical knowledge they'll need for the future, and most off can keep them from drinking and drugs on weekends. I feel good going to sleep knowing I sell a product that makes people happy and able to let them express themselves in a very different way. I see no problem with spending money on a bodykit you'll get 3 years+ use out of.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 pm

And you know I appreciate the hell outta that.

Especially since I'm not doing a DAMN thing with my site.

BTW...I'm all about the development of new technology. Especially when it involves cool stuff like cell phone controlled LEDs.
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Tim wrote:
And you know I appreciate the hell outta that.

BTW...I'm all about the development of new technology. Especially when it involves cool stuff like cell phone controlled LEDs.

That would explain the lack of CPU or bandwidth usage. sleeping.gif

Read my opinion below, but we aren't selling drugs. We're selling LEDs that make people happy, and better off we're all about client input. Not many companies take this road.
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Tim wrote:

sounds like he wants you to remove his site.

nice way of saying thank you there tim...
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Hah, not at all.

The reason I'm not doing a damn thing with it is because every time I think I'm happy with the design, I'll change the entire thing to something else. I think I've gone through 15+ Wordpress themes. Really though, none of this matters. Kris knows I love him for his generosity.
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm

And isn't Fantastico / CPanel lovely for quick re-installs of your sites? I think I've seen about 10 or so of the themes. biglaugh.gif

So back on topic:

Bluetooth tethered tubes, LCD backlit display, USB firmware flash, where shall we go on from here?

Honestly, I want to start working on a kit with just these options + safety and fuses. No need to over complicate.

Maybe mine will be the V3 Basic. Windows 7 it up...

EDIT: I've decided it will now be V3 Basic and V3 Extreme kit. Can discuss the options of the two.

My V3 basic will be like the v2, with the options I've listed below. Danny's Extreme kit will have the full spectrum. Mine will be more DIY type for expansion, Danny's will have more of a plug and play usability factor.

Last edited by Kris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total
Tim

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:23 pm

7-color LCD backlit display?
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 pm

^More expandibility
Kris

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Tim wrote:
7-color LCD backlit display?

This , or the one above, with a green backlit will be the standard.

Maybe the one above / green back-lighting for the V3 Basic Kit, 7 Color LCD Display for the Extreme.

USB / etc options as I said above will be standard.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Kris wrote:
And isn't Fantastico / CPanel
So back on topic:

Bluetooth tethered tubes, LCD backlit display, USB firmware flash, where shall we go on from here?

Honestly, I want to start working on a kit with just these options + safety and fuses. No need to over complicate.

Maybe mine will be the V3 Basic. Windows 7 it up. biglaugh.gif

From here I think we should identify the sizes of tubes the kit could utilize.

3' tubes really are the best for the front and back
4-5' Tubes for the sides.
2' Flexible Tubes for gaps, this will work for the wheel well kit and gaps elsewhere.

Each tube should have connectors on each ends.

D A N N Y
thesull

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I think I will help with the V3 Extreme kit ;) hehe

Both good names...

Bluetooth, LCD, new connectors...

USB based HRM...

If the ROM could pop out easily for faster flashing/fireware that would be AWESOME... I can see endless opportunity for Oz as well as members ;) for making custom flashes!

I am chatting with a couple of the guys on the forums I posted too ;) heh they seem like good guys! One wants to help with the idea I tossed at him ;) I think I may be sending the v2 ecu I have to him to mess with and setup via bluetooth for me ;) hahaha I am taking picture of it now for him and seeing if I can do it before sending it ;)

Seriously though this is going to be a cool project ;)

And having an option to buy a 7-Color LCD panel later as well for basic users...

Use the same ECU for Basic/Extreme

Last edited by thesull on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 pm

5' tubes would be nice.
orangesuburban

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Kris wrote:
we aren't selling drugs. We're selling LEDs

at this point, i think there is a very fine line on the difference of the two!

my suggestion for a basic vs extreme kit. make it so anything the extreme kit can do, or comes with "stock" can be added to a basic kit by buying parts. not so the customer has to sell there basic kit and buy an extreme.

if you do it so a basic kit cost $399 and a extreme kit cost $549 people might shy from the extreme kit, but when they realize there is $299 worth of parts to buy the extra tubes, better display, the added usb port for ultimate control... they may just buy the ultimate kit. OR, they will buy the basic as a gift for someone and the person who receives it will spend the extra $299 to make it the ultimate. this way everyone benefits.

kind of like, if i could just buy a V2 ecu, plug it into my V1 tubes and have full V2 abilities.
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:00 pm

orangesuburban wrote:
Kris wrote:
we aren't selling drugs. We're selling LEDs

at this point, i think there is a very fine line on the difference of the two!

my suggestion for a basic vs extreme kit. make it so anything the extreme kit can do, or comes with "stock" can be added to a basic kit by buying parts. not so the customer has to sell there basic kit and buy an extreme.

if you do it so a basic kit cost $399 and a extreme kit cost $549 people might shy from the extreme kit, but when they realize there is $299 worth of parts to buy the extra tubes, better display, the added usb port for ultimate control... they may just buy the ultimate kit. OR, they will buy the basic as a gift for someone and the person who receives it will spend the extra $299 to make it the ultimate. this way everyone benefits.

kind of like, if i could just buy a V2 ecu, plug it into my V1 tubes and have full V2 abilities.

Agreed
I nor Phil has ever been the type that would try and manipulate customers this way...there is no reason.

We will try our best to make these kits upgradable
justinwebb

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:03 pm

if i could control it with my carpc that would be cool lol
Focal Fury

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
5' tubes would be nice.

Definitely We just need to factor honestly space and shipping with something like this.
I will ask for 5' when we develop and see what they say
The time now is Fri May 25, 2018 7:01 pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2