Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

New projector headlights 91 chevy pickup

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 pm

These are the new smoked turn signals and projector headlights on my brothers 1991 chevy pickup. In the projectors are 6000K HIDs for the low beams and standard halogens for the highbeams. Any comments would be appreciated.
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted imageUser posted image
User posted image
User posted image
[/img]
mtndv8

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I like that headlight setup, my '95 Silverado is similar and I'm looking to upgrade to HIDs. I'm kinda partial to 6k HID's already. icon_smile.gif
Are those stock lamps in the new marker lights or LED's??
I like those too.
MajesticLT03

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm

How is the projector lighting at night?
Blazin'88Buick

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Everything so far is still stock lamps besides the HIDs in the low beams. Besides the lights he's added a CB radio and in his metals class, he machined his own shifter. Soon to come is the newer 94-98 grille as well as the smoked side markers. Plus he's agreed with me on doing all signal lights and side markers in LEDs. I haven't taken any night shots yet but the pattern isn't too bad but because of the cutoff from the projectors, he's got them aimed a little high for right now so the high beams barely hit the road. And not to sound like I'm trying to steal his thunder but I have cleared out my own turn signals as well. And when some money rolls in I plan to run those as LEDs as well.
corvettecrazy

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:42 am

What kind of projectors?
TRogers

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 am

Looks like you need some for the Buick now, that glare is insane (based on your other picture thread as well).
Radioflyer

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 am

corvettecrazy wrote:
What kind of projectors?

x2
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 am

Those really change out the front end looks - in a good way. Great choice!
H-Town

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:29 am

those look great. should also clear the corners
Blazin'88Buick

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am

TRogers wrote:
Looks like you need some for the Buick now, that glare is insane (based on your other picture thread as well).

Actually the glare isn't that bad, it's all in the pictures. And because it's a 1988 they don't make projectors for this car and I don't have the knowledge or the money to make my own.
Blazin'88Buick

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:11 am

corvettecrazy wrote:
What kind of projectors?

I don't know what kind they are. My brother bought them off of e bay so I don't think they are brand name.
cardude007617

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 pm

just because you cant buy them/make them doesnt make it ok to blind other drivers.

i bet if you would put halogens back in, you would have more lighting on the road than with your glaring HIDs
byte

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:04 pm

You can buy a polish kit (3m, etc) to make those stock headlights look like new again...

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/diamondite/diamond7.html

that link is for a pro setup, they also make a hand held drill version for DIY.
Blazin'88Buick

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:43 pm

cardude007617 wrote:
just because you cant buy them/make them doesnt make it ok to blind other drivers.

i bet if you would put halogens back in, you would have more lighting on the road than with your glaring HIDs

I don't mean to sound mean, but the reason that I bought HIDs is because the halogens even being the Silverstar Ultras, I still didn't have the amount of light on the road that I do with the HIDs and thats why I upgraded. And so far since I bought them I've turned them down a little cuz I've been flashed once. And I don't know how many times that I've driven behind and straight on to police and have never had a problem. So halogens don't compare to HIDs.
Also, since we've installed the HIDs in the truck, we haven't gotten flashed yet either. So the glare is a non issue with both and we don't blind people. All the glare you see is what the camera sees, not the oncoming traffic. And maybe if you had some you would change your opinion about them. like I said I don't mean to be mean so take it to offense and thanks for looking,.
Killerzracing92

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Blazin'88Buick wrote:
corvettecrazy wrote:
What kind of projectors?

I don't know what kind they are. My brother bought them off of e bay so I don't think they are brand name.

Lol I figured you were gonna say that.

Def does change the look for of it. How much were thy my dad wants a set for his 3500. No hid though
Blazin'88Buick

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 am

Killerzracing92 wrote:
Blazin'88Buick wrote:
corvettecrazy wrote:
What kind of projectors?

Def does change the look for of it. How much were thy my dad wants a set for his 3500. No hid though

The whole setup was about $68 on Ebay. It came with the headlights, turn signals, and the corner markers. Plus the shipping was about $40. We got the whole thing in a week.
Killerzracing92

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Blazin'88Buick wrote:
Killerzracing92 wrote:
Blazin'88Buick wrote:
corvettecrazy wrote:
What kind of projectors?

The whole setup was about $68 on Ebay. It came with the headlights, turn signals, and the corner markers. Plus the shipping was about $40. We got the whole thing in a week.

Cool cant beat it.
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 am
Page 1 of 1