Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Led Array Diagram

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:32 am

Could someone throw one up or give me some detail.

I am looking to solder together my own LED array for a brake lamp patter. I want it to be dual intensity (or have some of them light up brighter when pressing the brake). Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am good with DIY, but need guidance as far as connecting soldering points on the board and what not. Thanks!
bad venge

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:26 am

Are you trying to have a "running" light then it gets Brighter when you hit the brakes ???
blue one

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 am

thats exactly what it sounds like..
Whelan

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am

I believe so. But my other option is to basically wire in a group of LEDs in a pattern I make and wire them to the parking lamp wire. This would require some type of resistor I guess.

Then I would have a second set of LEDs in a grouping that would be wired to the brake lamp wire so when I braked, the parking lamp LEDs would stay at their low instensity and the brake LEDs would come on bright and turn off when not used.

I know I would need resistors and what not, I can do the soldering, but mapping out the general connections is where Im stumped.

Also is what I'm proposing even possible? I wanna do something a little more custom than wiring in some truck lamps that don't fit the housing very well. Figured an LED board custom made would be best.

My problem stems from the fact that I have a 05 (03-0icon_cool.gif Toyota Matrix and there is not one option on the market for LED replacement lamps, yet every other car on this green earth has them available aftermarket. The LED replacement bulbs are crap and do nothing for a reflective housing, especially mine cause I have a reflector right in the middle of where the bulb is. I'm going to remove that part completely and use red plexi cut to shape in front of my LED array. Still using red LEDs of course.
bad venge

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 am

What I did was I made a ring around the outside for my Brake light
and the Center was my running light/turn ...
You need to post WHAT LED's you want to use and how many to allow specing resistors ....
Whelan

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 am

I'm still in the process of getting the LED array blank board and figuring out a pattern. But lets say each lamp will have up to 50 LEDs (split for park and brake 25 each). The type of LEDs is still up in the air. I would order individual LEDs to solder in bulk probably 200 I figure. Just in case I "F" up. It's a Winter project so I have time to play.

So I guess first I should get the board and figure out a design and post it here for you to look at?
bad venge

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:46 am

We need to know /# of led's /Specs of led's then we can tell you resistor/resistors needed
Whelan

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 am

Sounds good, I should have something in a day or two. Worst case Monday. I'll keep this posted for when I get it online.
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:45 am
Page 1 of 1