Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Qusetion on installing Hott Wirez

Author
Message
indecisive

Joined: Apr 08 2004
Posts: 2


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:27 pm

Hey all! Newbie here. (Go ahead.. flame away.. lol) I have a question about the StreetGlow Hott Wirez.. I was hoping someone here could share their expertiece! I just need to know....How The Heck Do You Make Them Stay Glued In Place?!?! icon_confused.gif I tried EVERYTHING!! I used the glue that came with the kit.. Nothing! I used epoxy.. Nothing! I even resorted to using a hot glue gun.. which, held it in place for about 3 days... then it peeled right off. I cleaned the surface.. just like you are supposed to.. I just can't get the friggin Wirez to stay in place!?! Does Anyone have any ideas.. or tricks, or know anything that would work??

Thanks.. and sorry to bug ya!!! icon_wink.gif
Brandon

Joined: Jun 04 2003
Posts: 4189
Location: St. Louis, MO


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:22 pm

super glue works but it'll mess up your dash when you take it off
Neon Mike

Joined: Feb 13 2003
Posts: 470
Location: Chelmsford, MA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:31 pm

The best way I've found is to clean the area with an alcohol pad, let it dry, Run the wire out the way you want it and tape it in place with that blue painter's tape, ( it won't leave behind any glue or black crap like electrical tape or masking tape ) then glue it all in place but leave about a half an inch before and after the tape. ( that way you don't glue the tape down ) If you use the super glue go very lightly with it so it won't run.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Joined: Feb 11 2003
Posts: 7721


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:16 pm

I superglued it to my dash and it held pretty good. It was a nightmare though because whenever I had to take the dash apart to deal with the headunit, or something, I'd have to take the hotwirez off in a big section and then glue them back each time.

When I took them off, they left a huge mess. If I were you I'd stay away from them...
pontiac4evr_14

Joined: Apr 04 2003
Posts: 2512
Location: Manson, IA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:55 pm

Phil wrote:
I superglued it to my dash and it held pretty good. It was a nightmare though because whenever I had to take the dash apart to deal with the headunit, or something, I'd have to take the hotwirez off in a big section and then glue them back each time.

When I took them off, they left a huge mess. If I were you I'd stay away from them...


^^^^^......exactly what phil said i glued mine. pain in the butt when taking the dash off though. i had problems with 2 of my transformers so im not putting any in my new car. but super glue does work best from my experince. Try shoe goo that **** will not come off.
NeonStyl

Joined: Feb 15 2003
Posts: 975
Location: Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:08 pm

Neon Mike wrote:
The best way I've found is to clean the area with an alcohol pad, let it dry, Run the wire out the way you want it and tape it in place with that blue painter's tape, ( it won't leave behind any glue or black crap like electrical tape or masking tape ) then glue it all in place but leave about a half an inch before and after the tape. ( that way you don't glue the tape down ) If you use the super glue go very lightly with it so it won't run.


Neon Mike's method there is how I do it. Works well.... I've used super glue in the past and while it holds the wires there pretty good, it does damage the panel your glueing it to (especially noticeable if that panel is plastic).

L8R,
GoldenRod

Joined: Oct 27 2003
Posts: 709
Location: Long Island, NY


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:46 am

Another Long Islander! icon_cool.gif I have no info on gluing Hott Wirez, but I just wanted to say Hi.
indecisive

Joined: Apr 08 2004
Posts: 2


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:28 am

Thanks for all the ideas and input! icon_cool.gif I'll try a few out this weekend (weather providing icon_rolleyes.gif )!!

Hey GoldenRod, where exactly on Long Island are you? I'd like to see the PT in person.. if that's okay? icon_smile.gif
GoldenRod

Joined: Oct 27 2003
Posts: 709
Location: Long Island, NY


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:25 am

indecisive wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas and input! icon_cool.gif I'll try a few out this weekend (weather providing icon_rolleyes.gif )!!

Hey GoldenRod, where exactly on Long Island are you? I'd like to see the PT in person.. if that's okay? icon_smile.gif


I live in Ronkonkoma, about 4 miles from Islip Airport, and work in Greenlawn. We're having a PT Cruiser cruise to Montauk Lighthouse on April 24. I'm sure we can coordinate something.... It's technically the wife's car, so I'd have to work around her schedule.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:45 am

GoldenRod wrote:
It's technically the wife's car, so I'd have to work around her schedule.



biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif
CrazyMale0

Joined: Apr 16 2004
Posts: 1
Location: New Port Richey.Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:25 pm

Hiya all i have prob 60 ft of that all over my car I too used super glue. But when I talked to Sreetglow they said get aquaruim tubbing smallest avaiable so Neon wire will go inside that way when you glue or doublside tape the clear tubing you can pull the Neon wire out. Just have to deal with the clear tubing just like the colored wire during the day. They also told me the tubing will enhance the glow making it bigger.
Just a bit of Info
Jeff
1999 Mercury Cougar
oliphant

Joined: Feb 01 2004
Posts: 443
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:52 pm

I have been told to just try to place it in cracks on the dash.

As for on seats, sew it in with a couple of stitches.
Josh182

Joined: Mar 20 2004
Posts: 290


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:29 pm

with the seats...i heard to sew it in with fishing line...virtually invisible icon_biggrin.gif and very strong
Neon Mike

Joined: Feb 13 2003
Posts: 470
Location: Chelmsford, MA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:59 am

Here are some pics of my seat installs. I used fishing line like mentionec above. I was actually one of the first to do it. Everyone would ask me about what happens when you sit on it. LOL





Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:10 am

That looks really good. I should try that with my seats.
oliphant

Joined: Feb 01 2004
Posts: 443
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Yeah looks awesome... even when it's not dark icon_biggrin.gif I, myself, am waiting on 3 sets of 5 ft wires (1 red, 2 blue) for my car. I can't wait to get em in.
The time now is Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 pm
Page 1 of 1