Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

6000k white laser super plasma xenon hid 9007 low beam

Author
Message
macragg

Joined: Aug 06 2009
Posts: 76


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 pm

just ordered some of these off of amazon for $26 with shipping and i just wanted to ask if any one has ever had some of them or has pics of them in use
Black DX

Joined: Oct 16 2007
Posts: 1007


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm

You got these? and paid $26 for um?....
well they're painted bulbs and aren't going to amount to much... don't expect HID anything out of them... for about half again more you could have gone to DDM and gotten real HIDs..
Kindschi

Joined: Oct 09 2008
Posts: 1458
Location: St Louis Missouri


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

What ^ said

ddmtuning.com
macragg

Joined: Aug 06 2009
Posts: 76


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 pm

well im just trying to get some bulbs that are brighter than regular ones because i have a little trouble seeing the road markings on the rout i take to school because they are worn down. also i really dont want to install HID's because im not going to be driving much when i get in collage but i might get some HID's for my high's just for fun, so would these bulbs do the job or are they about the same brightness as regular bulbs
saisofine

Joined: Apr 26 2009
Posts: 259
Location: florence, OREGON


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 pm

what is the wattage on those bulbs?
If they are not anything over stock 55watt they're not going to do anything.
my mom has 100watt xenon bulbs in her car and they are decent. maybe a 30% increase in visibility. but still not as bright as HID's
KrzysD

Joined: Nov 07 2007
Posts: 1138
Location: Streamwood IL


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Tdawgthegreatest

Joined: Jul 22 2007
Posts: 5093
Location: Florence, Oregon


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

macragg wrote:
well im just trying to get some bulbs that are brighter than regular ones because i have a little trouble seeing the road markings on the rout i take to school because they are worn down. also i really dont want to install HID's because im not going to be driving much when i get in collage but i might get some HID's for my high's just for fun, so would these bulbs do the job or are they about the same brightness as regular bulbs


your probably going to lose visibility with those. Especially since they are painted.
J_Martin588

Joined: Sep 18 2007
Posts: 959


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 pm

i bought some silverstar ultras and the visibilty increased a lot id say even some cars hids (probably the ones not aimed correctly or that are Purple) suck compare to these
Black DX

Joined: Oct 16 2007
Posts: 1007


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm

J_Martin588 wrote:
i bought some silverstar ultras and the visibilty increased a lot id say even some cars hids (probably the ones not aimed correctly or that are Purple) suck compare to these



Umm no. I've owned silverstars and then I did PNP hid's in the same housings and got WAY more output brightness over silverstars. They may look brighter but until you drive at night with hid's over halogens it's only the eye playing tricks on you.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Joined: Jan 18 2008
Posts: 2239
Location: trenton ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm

yeah i had a set of those got them for free used them for 2 day and they were not that bright (stock bulbs were the same if not better) then one of them burnt out. so i went and put my silverstar's back in but HIDs are way brighter than the silver starts i use my HID driving lights and they are about 3 times brighter and they are behind my grill so some light is blocked too
Tat2Dragons

Joined: Jan 21 2007
Posts: 3404
Location: Baltimore Maryland


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah like the guys have said,don't expect much from those bulbs. icon_confused.gif If you're wanting some excellent performing halogens,check out Philips X-Treme Power +80% bulbs,they're are awesome.I have them in my ride and for halogens their performance is very impressive. icon_cool.gif

http://www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=15019
^^There's some in 9007's. icon_smile.gif
Radioflyer

Joined: Sep 25 2007
Posts: 1563


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
macragg wrote:
well im just trying to get some bulbs that are brighter than regular ones because i have a little trouble seeing the road markings on the rout i take to school because they are worn down. also i really dont want to install HID's because im not going to be driving much when i get in collage but i might get some HID's for my high's just for fun, so would these bulbs do the job or are they about the same brightness as regular bulbs


your probably going to lose visibility with those. Especially since they are painted.


+1

see this for more info:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html
Blazin'88Buick

Joined: Jun 11 2006
Posts: 117


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 am

Buying any bulbs with a blue coating is a no no. They may look whiter than stock, which they are but the amount of usable light is decreased. Don't be surprised if they are dimmer than a normal halogen. I would say go with the Silverstar Ultra's, But from what I've heard they don't last very long. Look for Osram Silverstars or the afformentioned Phillips X-Treme powers. But never blue coated. NEVER!!
ChevyCaprice9C1

Joined: Jan 18 2008
Posts: 2239
Location: trenton ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 am

Blazin'88Buick wrote:
Buying any bulbs with a blue coating is a no no. They may look whiter than stock, which they are but the amount of usable light is decreased. Don't be surprised if they are dimmer than a normal halogen. I would say go with the Silverstar Ultra's, But from what I've heard they don't last very long. Look for Osram Silverstars or the afformentioned Phillips X-Treme powers. But never blue coated. NEVER!!


i have had my silver stars for over two years now and they are still going strong
macragg

Joined: Aug 06 2009
Posts: 76


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

thanks for all the input but i was stupid and ordered the wrong type of bulb i needed a HI/LOW bulb not just a low bulb so when i get my next paycheck im gona order a 55w HID from DDM and cut my losses instead of buying another set of regular bulbs. thanks for the info i didnt know that much about headlight bulbs before i ordered those.
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Don't forget to order projectors too!
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 am
Page 1 of 1