Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Parking Lights, put two lights on 1 switch?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:10 am

I have an 05 Ford Explorer, and there are two parking lights that look really ugly when they are on with my HIDs (and soon halos). I want to be able to turn off both parking lights with one switch. Since they are two seperate wires, I have no idea how to turn then on off with one switch? Is there a way to do this?

If not, I figured I could turn one on and off with one switch, and then hook up a relay on the other parking light. Would this work also?
sorry for the poor diagram, this is the first time I drew one up on photoshop.. I tried icon_sad.gif
AlexNunn

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 am

You want a double pole switch. It has twice as many connectors so two different things can be powered on/off at the same time.
Fordy55

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:40 am

Oh thank you. That's good to know, I haven't seen them. Thanks!
AlexNunn

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah, I'm getting ready to use a couple of double throw double pole switches in a project of mine. Took some searching to find them, but they are around.
Fordy55

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks, If I can't find a switch or I don't think it would look nice when its mounted in my car, would the diagram I have work? I'm just sayin' because I'm a picky person and I am fiberglass a new center console where I'm going to mount a bunch of switches. I don't want one switch to stand out from the rest lol. Thanks a lot though! Learn something new everyday icon_biggrin.gif
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 am
Page 1 of 1