Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Fourwinns boat interior LEDS

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 am

5 - 19.5" strip leds installed

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image
FooFoo502

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:04 am

sweet
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 am

You have a PM
02BlueStang

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm

very cool. Are they all wired to a single switch or multiple?

My mom just bought a 26' pleasure yacht and I was thinking of doing something like this for her when I visit her in Florida.
Tat2Dragons

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Very nice/tasteful install. icon_cool.gif
masssteve

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:09 am

I have a couple of accessory switches on my dash for options that I don't have like dock lights, wipers, etc. So I fished one wire all the way around, spiced them on as I went around and wired them all to the one switch which already had power to it, so hot to the switch and neg to the ground on the fuse block so there fused with a 15 amp fuse.
02BlueStang

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 am

masssteve wrote:
I have a couple of accessory switches on my dash for options that I don't have like dock lights, wipers, etc. So I fished one wire all the way around, spiced them on as I went around and wired them all to the one switch which already had power to it, so hot to the switch and neg to the ground on the fuse block so there fused with a 15 amp fuse.

15A fuse might be a bit overkill...what guage wire did you use to run them? Most are run off 16-18-22AWG wire...15A is too big of a fuse for that wire and you will have a fire before the fuse blows....try dropping it to a 2-5A max.
seadude2005

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:44 am

02BlueStang wrote:
masssteve wrote:

15A fuse might be a bit overkill...what guage wire did you use to run them? Most are run off 16-18-22AWG wire...15A is too big of a fuse for that wire and you will have a fire before the fuse blows....try dropping it to a 2-5A max.

I agree, I am in the midst of the same thing and my math shows a 5A would be best. Just something to think about.
PwrRngr

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 am

masssteve wrote:

You need to find out what size wire you're using. If your wire is 13 gauge or larger (larger wire is smaller number), you're fine w/ a 15A fuse. If your wire is smaller than 13 gauge you need to use a different fuse.

https://www.oznium.com/forum/topic15761

seadude2005 wrote:
I agree, I am in the midst of the same thing and my math shows a 5A would be best. Just something to think about.

It's not really about math, it's about the size of the wire being used. Math is used to determine current draw of the items being used. Current draw is then used to determine minimum wire size. FINALLY, wire size is used to determine fuse size. If you already know the wire size, there's no math to determine fuse size.
seadude2005

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 am

Correct but if determining my wire gauge, length, amount of lights, voltage and ohms am I also not figuring my fuse size? Serious question (not being smart, I appreciate your comments and advice on other posts).
Tim

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:37 am

Can you even ride around on the water at night on a boat?
PwrRngr

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 am

seadude2005 wrote:
Correct but if determining my wire gauge, length, amount of lights, voltage and ohms am I also not figuring my fuse size? Serious question (not being smart, I appreciate your comments and advice on other posts).

Yes you will. But I thought you were refering to what masssteve was saying. He already ran his wire, so his fuse size is based off that and there's no math.

If you're designing a LED circuit, you're going to have a working voltage (most cases is a car and 12V). On some products, Oznium gives the current draw at 12V. You would add all your current draws of all lights on the circuit. From there you find what would be the smallest sized wire (you can use bigger if you want). Then you choose a wire gauge. Once that's chosen, you put the appropriate fuse for that wire size.
FooFoo502

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am

Tim wrote:
Can you even ride around on the water at night on a boat?

carefully around here...damn cue-tips..you think having them behind the wheel of a car is bad, just imagine trying to navigate Sarasota Bay with them hauling ass in thier 50' Vikings with NO RUNNING LIGHTS! I have been almost rammed twice...

but the biggest snook are to be found at night under lit docks so yeah..helps to see what's in and around your boat at night..and the brighter you are in a smaller boat, the better to be seen by these geriatric kamikaze cruisers
Tim

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 am

omg. i was in florida recently the snook are huuuuuge! ive never seen so many huge fish.
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Page 1 of 1