Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

I want HID lights on my 86 442!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:12 am

Yo Folks I need some help here. I want to insteal HID's on my 86 cutlass 442. Now what I need help with is finding a good to great place to buy the light housing and also the HID kit. So if any of you folks can kindly help a person out, I would greatly appreciate it.
stevenb913

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:02 am

Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 am

^^^DDM is the place for HID's.
Youll prolly need to do a retrofit, because im too lazy to see if aftermarked housings are available.
86CuttyKid

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah I have to find somebody that makes a good quality 6x4 sealed beam housing.
EricCartman

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:31 am

I bought these for my Toyota... and I am happy with them:

I'm not using HIDs in them... but they are a good housing. icon_smile.gif
86CuttyKid

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:46 am

Yo I looked at ddmtuning and I must say that I am loving the prices. I think I might go with the ddm slim ballast kit instead of the raptor kit even though it's like a $10 difference. I just like the way slim kit looks because of the black slim look but what I would really like to know is if you guys see any big difference between the 35w and the 55w kit, which one did you guys go with? Also I think that I might have found my headlight housing from this site called rallylights.com. I found this H4 headlamp kit for like 119.
Blazin'88Buick

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:32 am

I went with the 55 Watt kit over the 35 because Ihave had a 35 Before and just couldn't see like I wanted. I switched to the 55 Watt and can see everything. When I was running the 35's I hit a deer cuz I couldn't see it coming!
86CuttyKid

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:55 am

On this other forum that I had visit, they were talking about some 1st generation and 2nd generation HID lights and one person said that the 2nd generation lights are better because of something I forgot but does anybody know about what they are talking about?
Radioflyer

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Normally i don't do this, but i'm going to advise AGAINST DDM tuning. For a recent bulk order several of my bulbs were incorrectly color matched, their 55w bulbs don't appear any different than the 35w versions, 3 ballasts were bad and the orders took unusually long to fill. Add to that their website is a pain to operate and i will not be giving them return business.

I will reccomend Retro-Solutions.com I've been doing business with them for many years. They're customer service is top notch and their products are bullet proof quality. I'm currently running their 55w kit in my car.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 pm

That sucks about your order RadioFlyer.

I like the Retro-Solutions website Much better. I'll probably try some of their HID's now.
Kindschi

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 am

Radioflyer wrote:
Normally i don't do this, but i'm going to advise AGAINST DDM tuning. For a recent bulk order several of my bulbs were incorrectly color matched, their 55w bulbs don't appear any different than the 35w versions, 3 ballasts were bad and the orders took unusually long to fill. Add to that their website is a pain to operate and i will not be giving them return business.

I had a similar issue with my order earlier in the year. Took 6 weeks to get everything because "Customs" issues. 2 Ballest were bad, 1 bulb was toast. Took almost 5 weeks to get those resolved.. but in the end it was resolved. Biggest problem was that someone posted my account as finished even though I never got my replacement stuff and that person has since been "released" from there job.

But I would still go back and get more, prices are great and everyone has mishaps.. Ive gotten several orders and this was the first one that had issues.
The time now is Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 pm
Page 1 of 1