Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Which Kinetic ability would you choose?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 am

Like titled...if you could have any kinetic ability/power below which would you choose? I got asked this on some stupid fb quiz and got curious as to what you guys would pick.

The choices with a generic example...

1. Aerokinesis (power over air)
2. Hydrokinesis(power over water)
3. Pyrokinesis (fire)
4. Geokinesis (earth)
5. Umbrakinesis (darkness/shadows)
6. Photokinesis (light)
Tim

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Umbrakinesis would be pretty sweet, only if I could see in the dark.
PwrRngr

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Can you explain the difference between 5 and 6?

Darkness is NOT an actual thing (just as cold is not an actual thing). You can not measure darkness. Light on the other hand, is actually something and it can be measured (just like heat can be measured). You can measure how light something is. Darkness (and cold) is human created to make it easier to discribe the abcense of light (as cold is just the abcense of heat).

So essentially 5 & 6 are the same thing b/c it's simply controlling the amount of light.
Aken

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 pm

PwrRngr wrote:

Darkness is NOT an actual thing (just as cold is not an actual thing). You can not measure darkness. Light on the other hand, is actually something and it can be measured (just like heat can be measured). You can measure how light something is. Darkness (and cold) is human created to make it easier to discribe the abcense of light (as cold is just the abcense of heat).

So essentially 5 & 6 are the same thing b/c it's simply controlling the amount of light.

If there's no cold, there's no hot/heat either.
Aken

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Oh, and I would pick earth. It seems like it'd be the most useful.
PwrRngr

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Aken wrote:
PwrRngr wrote:

No, that's incorrect. Hot and heat are two separate things. Hot is a subjective term with no scientific meaning. Heat is measurable and created by atom movement. As long as atoms are moving, they are creating heat. You can measure it at any given time heat.

You CAN NOT measure cold (like you can not measure darkness). To determine how cold something is, you measure heat (or how much heat is lacking).

I would pick either water or earth.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 pm

I can measure darkness.

for the mild "Its starting to get dark"

for the extreme "Holy balls, its **** dark"
banned from SG

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Fire because it's the least practical
Highland J

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:54 pm

PwrRngr wrote:
Aken wrote:
PwrRngr wrote:

No, that's incorrect. Hot and heat are two separate things. Hot is a subjective term with no scientific meaning. Heat is measurable and created by atom movement. As long as atoms are moving, they are creating heat. You can measure it at any given time heat.

You CAN NOT measure cold (like you can not measure darkness). To determine how cold something is, you measure heat (or how much heat is lacking).

I would pick either water or earth.

Cool...glad i now know there is no such thing as darkness or cold. Really didnt CARE to know whether they were real or not because for our little discussion of IMAGINARY powers that point is kind of irrelevant.

Btw im thinking either Umbra or Aero... I would assume you can see in the dark if you control it but maybe not? Would be cool to just surround people in pitch black darkness though, or use shadows to go through walls and ****. But on the other hand air would mean being able to fly hah and that would be SICK!
Aken

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:20 am

PwrRngr wrote:

I like how you knew what I meant, but felt the need to be "correct" anyway.
GoldenRod

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:12 am

So, you're asking what type of Bender we would like to be, from the Avatar:The Last Airbender cartoons/movie.....

I think Air would be the most practical. There's air everywhere, and it can be very powerful. 5&6 I can emulate with a flashlight, so I guess I already have that "power"... icon_lol.gif
PwrRngr

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 am

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
I can measure darkness.

for the mild "Its starting to get dark"

for the extreme "Holy balls, its **** dark"

But you're not measuring darkness. You're measuring how much LIGHT is in the area. If there's little to no light, you say it's dark.

Highland J wrote:
Cool...glad i now know there is no such thing as darkness or cold. Really didnt CARE to know whether they were real or not because for our little discussion of IMAGINARY powers that point is kind of irrelevant.

Yes, but I didn't start this to make a discussion. Go back and read what I wrote. I asked what's the difference between 5 & 6.

Aken wrote:
I like how you knew what I meant, but felt the need to be "correct" anyway.

I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant also. Don't be all mad and butt hurt b/c you tried to make it look like I was wrong and then I'm right. This situation happened a couple years ago and you got all **** over it. I suggest you just ignore this to save your pride.
Tim

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 am

Oh no he didn't!
Kindschi

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Id wanna fly, nuf said
banned from SG

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 pm

GoldenRod wrote:
I think Air would be the most practical. There's air everywhere, and it can be very powerful. 5&6 I can emulate with a flashlight, so I guess I already have that "power"... icon_lol.gif

Likewise for water. Think about humidity. I think you'd essentially be iceman which happens to be an omega level mutant. Just sayin
mntndewboy69

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 am

I would say Hydrokinesis or Geokinesis. There's water everywhere, it accounts for what - 74% - of the Earth's surface? Correct me where I'm wrong PowerRanger biglaugh.gif . And as for the other one, well there's land literally EVERYWHERE, even under the water. To part the seas, build mountains, and dabble a few waterfalls here and there, well.... I'd make my very own nice little island somewheres out in the ocean and live happily ever after.

As far as all the other choices, I'll go to Sheetz and buy a lighter, a flashlight, a handheld fan, and 2 chili cheese dogs for .99 cents. Done.
mntndewboy69

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 am

PS: And after seeing your signature once again, I've also decided I would make whatever piece of land Hayden Panatierre is currently occupying be directly in front of me.... icon_cool.gif
alkatmsu

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:13 pm

By your powers combined...

I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!
A-Ray

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:23 pm

alkatmsu wrote:
By your powers combined...

I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!
biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif

There is guy im my geography class that thinks he knows everything about the world, so myself and another guy call him captain planet every time he talks.
FooFoo502

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 pm

whichever power would let me unsnap that bra on my wifes best friend when she comes to visit and cause her shirt to fly open uncontrollably. Then I'd need the power of Vaseline...hehehe
banned from SG

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:41 pm

FooFoo502 wrote:
whichever power would let me unsnap that bra on my wifes best friend when she comes to visit and cause her shirt to fly open uncontrollably. Then I'd need the power of Vaseline...hehehe

Fire, just raise the ambient temperature around her
Highland J

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Hahahahahaha i dont know whether i like the vaseline comment or captain planet comment more!
Highland J

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 am

After realizing that there is a **** LOAD of snow on the ground today...i change my answer to either Air or Water....screw darkness, i wanna cover ppl in snow! NOBODY would beat me at king of the hill! Muahahaaa
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm
Page 1 of 1