Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Mini Fridge Project

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Might buy this mini-fridge on craigslist for $35..

What do you guys suggest for lighting?

I was thinking about adding a monster or tapout decal to the glass and lighting it with some sort of UV lighting, hopefully making the decal glow.

What are your guys' ideas?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Ya you could spray the glass with frosted paint, then apply a sticker, and then spray that with solid paint. Then remove sticker, and light it all up from inside.
bad venge

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 am

green cathodes /// with phils idea
Chris

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Forget about the tapout sticker, too.
main-e-ax

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Not a tapout fan?
Chris

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 am

MMA fan, yes.

I think the tapout 'fad' is just ridiculous. I see the fattest, dirtiest people or even the super skinny kids wear it who can only wish they were in the shape or condition to be called an mma fighter. Mind you, I am in no shape to do it either, but I don't wear it.

Maybe its me, but it seems like most people who wear it are like that.

Not saying this is you at all, just stating things I notice! haha
Cooper

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 pm

If you're going to apply UV glow, you'll want to use a sticker that is either white or bright neon in color, otherwise there will be minimal reaction to the UV light and mostly you just won't notice it's on .
Another option would be to use a glow-in-the-dark sticker like they use in wall appliques; glow-in-the-dark blazes under black light .
You could also mask & paint a pattern or logo of your choosing, still choosing a white/neon color or using a glow-in-the-dark phosphorus spray paint.
Lastly, etching and edge lighting the front glass can look amazing . Etching is a lot tougher than painting or applying a sticker though, and might not be something you want to do if the door turns out to be actual glass and not plexi-glass/polycarbonate of some kind .

A combination of edge lighting and etching is what's used on the Monster mini-fridges that have popped up in many places, including Carl's Jr, and it looks very nice.

User posted imageUser posted image
main-e-ax

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Chris wrote:
MMA fan, yes.

I think the tapout 'fad' is just ridiculous. I see the fattest, dirtiest people or even the super skinny kids wear it who can only wish they were in the shape or condition to be called an mma fighter. Mind you, I am in no shape to do it either, but I don't wear it.

Maybe its me, but it seems like most people who wear it are like that.

Not saying this is you at all, just stating things I notice! haha

I wear a Tapout shirt, but not because I 'wish' I was in shape lol.. I am in decent shape, just got back from training for the Army/National Guard and do p90x everyday, but really just wear it because i'm a huge MMA fan and they have the clothes I like haha
wolf36

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm

What Phil said at first,

But make Sure the paint is even.
The time now is Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm
Page 1 of 1