Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Turtle Wax Black Box and Black Chroming

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Had some positive reviews from Turtle Wax's Black Box wax/detailing system so gave it a shot. Works like magic and can't believe how many scratches it made vanish as well as swirl marks. I usually wax the truck twice a year but don't get as good as a result as I did with the Black Box. It is a conealer/black polish though that goes on in 3 steps so we'll see how long it lasts but I'm hopefull.

Also got around to black chroming my bull bar. Used Duplicolor's Shadow Chrome system and it turned out great. I would recommend the product for smaller applications such as emblems, exhaust tips, grills. It would be hard to do for a bumper or wheels though. I found that even with my application of having the bull bar hang from the garage rafters in a closed enviroment with numerous light coats it was still hard to not get the product to turn out blotchy in some areas. If I were to do a big project like a set of wheels I would take them to a shop and have them done.

Onto the pictures icon_cool.gif

Aken

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Looking good, Kyle! Shiny. Black chrome bar looks way better.

I need to polish my Subaru something terrible. I've neglected the hell out of it lately (blasphemy, I know).
02BlueStang

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Theres a reason there are no before pictures Aken....It had almost been a year since it was waxed....and I can't recall when I last washed it icon_lol.gif
Tat2Dragons

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Huge improvement after painting that bull bar. Nice job Sir. Your trucks finish looks good, I'm just not a big fan of the Turtle wax Black Box, as it's a tinted/colored product, I much prefer to remove imperfections, not just conceal them.
The_Mastor

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Man, I need to do that to my truck puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Are those 18" or 20" monsters? I have really been pondering those for my truck but that center cap is pretty hideous, do they look good with the cap off? (Take picture and send to me if possible icon_lol.gif )

Want to just trade straight up if they are 20's? icon_wink.gif

Looking very good though, slick and shiny icon_cool.gif
pOrk

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 am

Trucks looks great Kyle, no tinted license plate covers yet?
MrJayDeeOne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:58 pm

looks great. Nice work.
02BlueStang

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:12 am

pOrk wrote:
Trucks looks great Kyle, no tinted license plate covers yet?

Not legal here...thought about it...but I get off with the tinted windows as is.

The wheels are 20x9 with 33x12.5x20 Toyo MT's..18's just look small for the Monster IMO...20's or don't do it. Rimzoneonline had the best prices I could find ($2500 with tires) Without the center caps they look fine. My hubs are a little rusted so I like the caps on. If I ever decided to take them off it would expose the bolts which are chrome and I would need to paint my hubs black but would look great without the caps. I get compliments on the wheel/tire package all the time. also love the Rockstars, you just have to cut the posts on the caps to make them flush against the wheel and paint the chrome star IMO.

I agree with Black Box being a concealer and wanting to fix the imperfections, but I use my truck as a truck and the scratches/swirls are impossible to get out at this point (bought used and driven hard), it was either black box or new paint job. Black box is cheaper and I can still take the truck back country and not worry about the finish too much ;)
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:57 pm

^^Yeah, tinted tag covers are illegal here too, if I recall I think you can receive one point on your license for having them. icon_eek.gif

Sounds like you're pleased with the outcome from using the Turtle Wax Black Box and when it comes down to it, that's all that matters. icon_cool.gif
pOrk

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:12 pm

illegal here too, as is altered suspension, aftermarket lighting, smaller then stock tire sizes, etc etc etc
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 10:39 am
Page 1 of 1