Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Tough Mudder

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:27 am

Just completed my first one last Sunday, was wondering if anyone else has done one.
A-Ray

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 pm

I haven't completed one yet, but definitely thinking about it. They are coming to Nashville next year, so I may attempt it. Not sure that I'm in exact yet the right physical shape to completely an event of that distance.

I did however compete in a Warrior Dash earlier this year and it was a blast.
Rags

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 am

yea warrior dash's and mudathons are fun. the mudder is definately a team event and you should be in good shape to run at least a 10k straight and upper body strength is a must. no one ran the whole 12 miles straight because there were alot of obstacles with a wait.
A-Ray

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm not really able to do either of those things you mention, although I do h ope to one day be there.

I think there is one going to be in Nashville next year, but I won't be ready by then.

But, I may sign up to do this one if I can get anyone else to join me : http://runforyourlives.com/
Rags

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:39 am

I would go to the indianapolis one for sure. That looks like a blast. Short run though.
A-Ray

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm

If I do the run for your lives thing, I will go to the one in the ATL. I've got family there, so I can see them as well the night before.

Good to see you back on the forums a bit!
Rags

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 am

yea, I'm really not interested in anything the forums focus on anymore, but some discussions are interesting.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I was thinking about warior dash this year...looks like a blast
Rags

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 am

Warrior Dash's are cool, but if you're in the shape for it, I highly suggest a Mudder. A Warrior Dash is only 3 miles, while a Tough Mudder is 10-12. There was a sign on the course I just did at the 3 mile mark that read "This is where the Warrior Dash would end".
A-Ray

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:39 am

02BlueStang wrote:
I was thinking about warior dash this year...looks like a blast

It definitely is a blast to do. The course isn't too tough to complete at all, plus there is all kinds of stuff to do before and after.
Rags

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:04 am

There is also a Mudathlon in many places, it is also a 3mi course. I believe Spartan races are 5k or 10k.
This whole obstacle race fad is pretty cool, hope it stays around for a while.
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:45 am

The guys at the shop at work where trying to get me to do one last year but I was and still am in no shape to do theses lol but hope to do one in the future
jmoddes

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:54 pm

i'll be honest and say i'm a weak b*tch and could never do one... not even like a quarter of one... =///

one day int he next 10 years maybe... icon_eek.gif
A-Ray

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Honestly, the warrior dash isn't that bad at all. You can walk the whole race if you want, they don't care.

The spartan races come in many different lengths, all the way up to the Spartan Death Race thats last for 24hrs!!!!

I just got and email about Warrior Dash coming back to TN, so I'm definitely doing it again.!
Rags

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 am

The toughest mudder is a 24 hour race as well. It's done in late December or early January in New Jersey...balls cold.

There is also mudathalons. The biggest thing with these races is to build comaradere and give you a great sense of accomplishment.

I already got a group ready to do the run for your lives in Indianapolis this year, that looks fun. I had a buddy who did the first one earlier this year and he said it was awesome.
A-Ray

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Rags wrote:
The toughest mudder is a 24 hour race as well. It's done in late December or early January in New Jersey...balls cold.

There is also mudathalons. The biggest thing with these races is to build comaradere and give you a great sense of accomplishment.

I already got a group ready to do the run for your lives in Indianapolis this year, that looks fun. I had a buddy who did the first one earlier this year and he said it was awesome.

Very nice. I'm kinda pumped about the Run for you Lives event in March, then Warrior Dash is coming back to TN, so I'm gonna do that again as well.
banned from SG

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

I did one once and it was awesome! Especially the prison style shower at the end
Rags

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am

I think next year I will do the Indiana Mudder and the Kentucky Mudder. I would like to do the Michigan Mudder, but its YMCA Nationals swim meet in Florida and I am fairly certain I will be there.

If anyone thinks they will be at either of those Mudders or the Indiana zombie run that was mentioned earlier, let me know I will be at there. I've already got a team formed for the zombie run so long as no one backs out.
A-Ray

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am

Rags wrote:
I think next year I will do the Indiana Mudder and the Kentucky Mudder. I would like to do the Michigan Mudder, but its YMCA Nationals swim meet in Florida and I am fairly certain I will be there.

If anyone thinks they will be at either of those Mudders or the Indiana zombie run that was mentioned earlier, let me know I will be at there. I've already got a team formed for the zombie run so long as no one backs out.

I've got a friend that keeps telling me that I am doing the Nashville Mudder, but I keep telling him that I am not. I just don't think I'm up for that challenge/distance. I may change my mind after the Zombie run in the ATL in March, but I'm not thinking I will.
Rags

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 am

It's really not that bad. The thing with these obstacle course fun runs, is that you usually don't run much more than a mile straight without stopping when you get to an obstacle.
So if you are able to be active for 3 hours, I think you would be capable of completing one.
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:45 am
Page 1 of 1