Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Led Latching Switch

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I have a Led switch question. I bought several Round Latching Push Switch /w LED. Each switch has 4 pins per but no diagrams. All I've figured out is the two poles that are used for push on/off. So any wiring help would be appreciated. Miss-wired several times which shut off power supply. The switch is a r16 503. Based on the picture, there's a negative sign next to the bottom right pole and positive bottom left. The two I was able to match to push on/off are the two top poles.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9520/ele-586/Round_Latching_Push_Switch_-_Black_w_Full_LED_Lens_-_Amber.html?tl=g52c399s1034#blank
jmoddes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 am

Okay... That for me seems kind of... odd?

id test this. hook up ground... then with each pin touch positive and look at the switch. I can vision the switch being say top right ground top left power IN bottom left power OUT and bottom right l.e.d. illumination (if that exists on this switch).

But that is one thing I wouldn't know without playing with it.

Best thing I can for sure tell you.. click HERE and talk to them yourself. Might have to wait a few minutes though.
bad venge

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 am

Normally the incoming power goes to one pole and tied to the bottom pole labeled +
or+ 12 volt

The bottom labeled - goes to ground or- 12 volt

te other pole goes out to the load
silent54

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm

I went through your suggestions, which I should have figured out at least three of the poles on my own. Oh well. I'm able to wire the switch to power on/off the device; however, still can't seem to get the switches' LED to light up. There's a fourth pole with a positive sign next to it. I tried to add power from the power source to that pole but nothing.

jmoddes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 pm

i would think the led would only work with the power out... but i could be wrong. one way to test.. connect your power in and ground... then connect your power out and ' no clue ' and boom. should work.. we hope.
silent54

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:15 pm

If you meant for me to connect both the power out and 'No clue' together, that didn't work. I also connected the 'No clue' to power in and nothing.
jmoddes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 pm

i'd just try that link
jmoddes wrote:
click HERE and talk to them yourself. Might have to wait a few minutes though.

and hope they can help ya.
silent54

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Yea, did that earlier. Still waiting. Thanks
bad venge

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 pm

does the switch light if you connect no clue and the - ?
to voltage ???
Are you SURE this is a 12 volt switch ?
silent54

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:52 pm

yea, I did that. Connected to both ground, power in, and power out. Nothing. It is a 12v switch.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Yes but is the LED setup to work on 12 volts of power?

Of course the switch could pass any voltage (1v - 220v, it doesn't matter), but perhaps the LED doesn't have an internal resistor and needs one. So if the LED is burnt out from too much voltage, you could toss it and buy a new one.

But what does FrozenCpu say?
jmoddes

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Phil wrote:
Yes but is the LED setup to work on 12 volts of power?

Of course the switch could pass any voltage (1v - 220v, it doesn't matter), but perhaps the LED doesn't have an internal resistor and needs one. So if the LED is burnt out from too much voltage, you could toss it and buy a new one.

But what does FrozenCpu say?

ahh.. Didn't think of that. There was a switch i had to put a resistor in in order for it to work. So that very well could be.
silent54

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Yea, I thought about the resistor possibility to but assumed that the specs would say something but doesn't. You buy cheap, you get cheap. Already ordered a few three pole LED rocker switches. Thanks for the help.

As for frozencpu, don't plan of hearing from them until Monday or Tues. I'll have the new switches by then.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 pm
Page 1 of 1