Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Got lights, want them to pulse to the bass

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:01 am

I got a Civic with the flexible LED strips all hooked up and everything. There are eight of them and there is a switch going through them to turn them on and off. I have 2 12" subs in the the trunk.

My question is what can I get so they turn on and off while the bass plays? So in other words I want the lights to "dance" to the music and pulse.

I got a normal set up: the lights are all grounded with the other wire going to the switch that goes to the battery.
TRogers

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 am

Throw this music interface in-line and you'll be good to go.

https://www.oznium.com/led-controllers/cathode-music
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am

jmoddes

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 am

With the second one (i think it's cooler), if you have a tri chip strip, you can (depending on where you get the strip) put each diode on it's own channel which would make it look incredible. otherwise, just use one channel and you're good to go. what would be really cool (too bad you don't have 9) but hook a set of 2 or 3 up to each channel. What i mean by channel btw is the RGB output. Doesn't have to be RGB but just different grounds (negative wire).

This in turn would give you a rave feel when you put the controller to 'music' mode and it's CRAZY awesome. And if you have all the strips in sets on different channels, then it look pretty bad ass.

Good luck and have any questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: AUTO mode, not music mode.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 pm
Page 1 of 1