Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

trying to make an etched lit led sign..please help

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello,

hey guys i've been trying to figure this out for a few month now and can't seem to get anywhere.

my objective is to have a 42x42 inch piece of glass with an etched logo in it and then have it lit with led lights.

the use is going to be for my store front of my business as my main sign.

i have made TWO signs already with the design i want but the lights are just not bright enough.

it is lit decently but it just isn't what i want it to be...

i am looking for some sort of solution to my problem. the guy "SAID" he used the brightest leds available but im not sure.

i think it's just a regular piece of glass not sure how thick but im sure it's not that thick. i don't know if a thicker piece would be benificial or not.

also i heard that starphire glass is better? i have no idea what to do...if there is any one out there that can help me out please do so and i am willing to pay for your time....i really want this type of design for my sign but im having a hard time getting a person who know's what they are doing.

thanks in advance to every one...

Donny.
bad venge

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 am

Kind of need a picture to see exactly what you're trying to accomplish/fix

I've had better success with plexiglass as you can use a router to get the engraving in deep and sand it to get the "frosted" effect that the LED's illuminate well ...

This also might be a case of cold cathodes might be better build a frame around it and use them
donny4774

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:49 pm

User posted image
My Dream

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 am

The photo shown, is that what you're trying to achieve or what you presently have? I would think achieve as it seems to work great in the photo.

Can you post a picture of your present glass that has been lite up? Also do you have any info on the led's that were used and is the glass less then 3/16" thick? I know you mentioned you weren't sure on glass thickness but maybe you've had time to check?
bad venge

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am

I'm thinking thats his completed project
I think it looks pretty good
donny4774

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:23 pm

that is what i have now. it looks good in the photos because its a side profile. once you look at it staight on it becomes dimmer.

any ideas to get this sign super bright ?
corvettecrazy

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Turn all the lights off in the room. icon_lol.gif

In all honesty, the sign looks good and you did everything right it seems. The only way to make it brighter would be brighter LED's.

If the edges aren't perfectly clear that would help also, but it seems like your limiting factor is your LED source.
The time now is Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 am
Page 1 of 1