Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Carp Shooting on a Boat

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

Sup peeps.

I'm curious to know if anyone of you know where i can possibly find a good set of flood lights to put on a Boat for Carp Shooting. My cousin does it and he's gone to national carp events where suppliers of lighting companies go to sell their product and he's not been too happy. The lights they get are to focused - Spot lights - instead of a large flood array.

I will be going up by him this weekend and will be trying Oznium's 27W tractor light and the 18W tractor light just to see if it's anything near what he wants.

Rigid is a company he recently tried and met the owner of... my cousin put the owner in his place without really trying. ( http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/marineeseries40.htm ) $1400. Huge expense, insane brightness, but focuses on a spot.... so again looking for FLOOD lights.

all help appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif
bad venge

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 am

Do they mount them under water or on the boat shining downward ?
jmoddes

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:13 pm

he wants all his lights just really wide based. some for forward out in the distance so you can see where you're going, the rest on top the boat looking down into the water. They have their special glasses to skip glare and all the other **** to see straight into the water .. i thought those alone were kinda cool.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:11 pm

meh, ive owned rigid, and they aren't THAT bright, for how expensive they are.
jmoddes

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 pm

^^

cousin said they were bright (but he's not around led lighting enough to really now.. he's impressed by how small it is for the light output) but he wouldn't buy it
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 8:52 am
Page 1 of 1