Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Dectane Dayline headlights with LEDs

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:53 pm

I have a 2010 VW CC which I installed these headlights. They dont have a parking lights integrated, so I had to install a resistor to clear the bulb error on the dash. This ultimately allowed the LEDs to power on at night (auto headlights) or when I turn the lights on.

My request is to get these LEDs to run as daytime running lights, without the low beam on.

I was not given a wiring schematic of the lights but was told that the LEDs receive power from the same pins in the connector, as the low beam headlight.

Other than finding the wires inside the headlight and wiring them directly to switched power, how can I get these to power on as DRLs?

Dectane "used" to sell LED modules that allowed the LEDs to turn on when the key was in the ignition, but they say they dont have/make them anymore...after I paid for them but was refunded.

Any assistance is much appreciated, as there are a lot of people wanting to buy these headlights, pending this solution.
bad venge

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Use a relay to open the circuit without the key on
Turb02

Post Wed May 29, 2013 1:04 pm

wouldnt that also turn my low beam (factory drl) on too? and I dont want them on until the car is powered on.
bad venge

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 pm

sorry I misread thought they were on when the car was off (leakage) there is no way to break them off without opening the headlights I'd have no idea how their "module" did this externally
The time now is Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 pm
Page 1 of 1