Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Lighting up a classic

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Hey all, old guy here looking to put some LED's in the interior of my classic truck. I've purchased a few items, but figured I'd run this by you for advice. I currently have zero interior lights, other than my gauges. The truck has a brand new wiring harness, so it is up it speed with modern specs.

Purchased:

Anti-vandal switch - not pre-wired
5 12mm bolt beam LED's - 60mA
Truck has a dome light - not currently hooked up to a switch but want it wired in with my LEDs - not an LED

I've seen some basic wiring diagrams and planned to use an add a circuit in my dome light slot on the fuse panel that's under my dash. Wondering if I can do a simple setup with the 5 LEDs and the dome light in a circuit, through the switch? Further question is do I need any resistors or relays? If someone has a diagram, that'd be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 am

I'd think a relay would be needed to get the LEDs to turn on. I'm sure someone on here has a diagram or can help you further.
Boardnxtx

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 am

This the diagram I saw and was thinking of mirroring it. Instead of coming straight off the battery, I planned to use the Dome Light circuit on my fuse panel for power, and looping in the dome light in the circuit so all of the interior lights are only controlled by the anti-vandal switch, nothing else.

User posted image

Thoughts?
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:45 am
Page 1 of 1