Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Who has a CB radio in their Car, Truck, or SUV?

How much do you care about one?
A) I care enough that I have one
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
B) I don't dare put one in my car
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
C) I don't care either way
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
D) I need one
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:16 am

Who has a CB radio in their Car, Truck, or SUV?

I have a RadioShack Mini Mobile CB Radio for $34.99 after a 30% discount coupon.

This is the info about mine:
PLL tuned 40-channel
2-digit LED channel display (green)
Built-in ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter)
Channel 9 and 19 priority switch (slide)
Built-in speaker
Green dial without backlight
Adjustable squelch control
Green LED display
TX and RX LED indicators
DIN microphone jack, external speaker jack
Size (WHD): 108x35x150mm (3.9x1.4x5.9")
Catalog #: 21-1703
pontiac4evr_14

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:00 am

I think having a CB is the stupidest thing anyone can do. my retarded sister has one.
GlowinToyota

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:08 am

I own one but its not hardwired into my truck. I throw it in when we go chase storms or go **** around town. Quite a few of my friends have them. It just plugs in the cig. lighter and the antena is magnetic so i dont have to have it clutter my truck when i dont need it.
Goph

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:26 am

they are for semi and only that to me.
pOrk

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:29 pm

^ Obiviously you wouldnt ever ride a biek cause you like to, or eat a certain brand of ceral cause it tastes best then eh?

A CB radio can be a very useful tool, not only for traveling and weather reports but for recreational uses as well. I LOVED my CB radio, chipped and clipped her up to 30 watts and put a 200 watt linear amp on her. But those were my Chevy BLazer days...
Jax

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:43 pm

i need 1 in my car for the trips i take with my family, we own a hotair balloon and go to races with it and if my car is needed to help transport people out u need 1 to communicate with the balloon to know where the hell they are goin lol
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:50 pm

I use mine for when me and my bros roll out to the car shows, we cna broadcast to everyone at the same time instead of calling them individually. I'm usually the leader cause all my brothers cars are faster than mine, but usually my older bro is the captain and he is in back and calls me via cell and then i tell my little bro inbetween us whats happening and all that reply, massaging stuff. It a lot easier.
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:23 pm

I don't own one and never will.
GlowinToyota

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:36 pm

I like mine cause it doubles a pa system. good for yelling at people as they walk past you. also fun to park it close to the front doors at walmart and go sit somewhere else with another and yell at people who walk by. they dont know what is going on its awsome. also lots of fun to talk to semi truck drivers goin down the highway, plus most of the people i hang out with have them so it cuts down on cell phone use
domestic_disturbance

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:13 pm

i used to have one, i took it out of my car and now it is in my moms cavalier
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:21 pm

I'm glad to hear that i'm not the only goofy car wiht a CB.
Wootzah

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:55 am

the only thing that i don't like about CB radios is the big huge antenna. I know you can get smaller ones and whatnot...but to get good use out of a CB radio, you gotta have a big antenna.
TechSys

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:19 am

I got out of C.B. a few years ago, due to all the crying other people did. The one I had was a modified Connex (sort of illegal), dead key of 1 watt, swung to 20watts, and a 1kw linear. I have been thinking about getting back into the hobby, but it's doubtfull
thefiredogg

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:54 am

i was thinking of getting that same exact one from radio shack...

my buddys all want to get into that cuz its hard with the cell phones.

we used to go to fairs with those family channel 2ways and mess with people. one time i got this kid to go to some ride. i told him i had candy waiting, his mom was on it too and she was going off "omg timmy dont do that, thats a stranger" i thought it was funny but now i realize that it was kind of dumb but o well
pOrk

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:19 pm

Radioshack brand radios are horrible unless heavily modified - so dont buy one knew from there. You can get a much better deal at ANY of your local truck stops, guarenteed.
TechSys

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:35 pm

If buying a Radio shack C.B. get one of the older ones.. or the newer ones that look like a cobra or uniden... The little pieces of crap they sell will be lucky if they get across the street, much less the other side of town.
Depending on which model you get, you can get the illegal channels... which are normally NOT FCC regulated. These are what is called skip channels and the only thing usually on them are people trying to talk to differant states/countries.. These channels are great for getting from one end of a city to the other.
I still like the Connex radio... 240 AM channels, then upper/lower sideband, and also FM. I loved that radio, especially when car needed a wash. I would pul up to a car wash, key mic, whistle, and have a free car wash.. That was due to the money collector thing being VERY radio sensitive.
alienyoungjr

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:16 pm

Well this little radio is working way beyond across the street.
MyFreakGSR

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:58 pm

i borrowed mine from my grandparents. These use it on long trips, so i asked them if i could borrow it until they needed it and they said ok! The Antenna is magnitized so i just stick it to the roof when i use it, even when i forget to put it on and it sits in my back floor board...the thing send and recieves for like a mile or so through anything! like buildings and such dont effect it like my hand held one!
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 pm
Page 1 of 1