Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Loud Music ticket???

Author
Message
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:36 pm

Thats right, saturday night i was driving around(no where near a residential area), and a cop got behind me and flipped on the lights.
So i pulled over, thinking he was just pulling people over to check for id and ****, or possibly even my UB kit. But he calls me back to his car and gives me a $120 loud music ticket.

I was like wtf, i said, even though this is my second time to ever be pulled over, your gonna gimme my first ticket for my **** radio(a little cleaner).

i couldn't believe it.

anyway, i was gonna contest it, but i was told by a guy at work today it isn't worth it, becaue i cant win.

opininons please. . .
DragonJeep

Joined: Jul 20 2003
Posts: 3730
Location: Tampa, FL


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:39 pm

If they can hear it from within a certain distance (varies by state, 50 or 100 ft in my county) then its a noise pollution violation and there is no way you can fight it, it doesnt matter if your in the middle of an industrial zone at night...

been there before several times man....
alienyoungjr

Joined: Apr 30 2004
Posts: 4654
Location: Texas


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:41 pm

Kwonrae wrote:
it isn't worth it


exactly what I would say, sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear
thestimp

Joined: Aug 22 2004
Posts: 156
Location: Naples, Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:30 pm

BS Fight it. Law states only if its over 120Db can they issue a noise polution ticket. Other wise he did it just to be biznitch.
Goph

Joined: Feb 14 2003
Posts: 3822
Location: Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:04 pm

thestimp wrote:
BS Fight it. Law states only if its over 120Db can they issue a noise polution ticket. Other wise he did it just to be biznitch.


maybe where you live but not all over the US. the way i can think about fighting it and winning is to take the subs out and sell them to a good friend or brother or some one you trust for cheap with the understanding that you will buy them back after you fight it and make a receate for it also.
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:41 pm

Goph wrote:
thestimp wrote:
BS Fight it. Law states only if its over 120Db can they issue a noise polution ticket. Other wise he did it just to be biznitch.


maybe where you live but not all over the US. the way i can think about fighting it and winning is to take the subs out and sell them to a good friend or brother or some one you trust for cheap with the understanding that you will buy them back after you fight it and make a receate for it also.


That is the lamest idea ever. Would never fly in Massachusetts, selling, hiding and taking equipment out would not effect the ticket. Its a noise violation ticket, not a Fix-It ticket. It would work if he had clear corners, and he swapped in the stock turn signals.
mccook8

Joined: Jun 01 2004
Posts: 744


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:48 pm

Look up the law for your state. Start at www.findlaw.com

I'd do it for you, but I have no idea where you live.

For a shortcut, you might look at the ticket. It should have a statute or ordinance number written on it. That's the law you should look up. If it's a city ordinance, you might have to go to the library, police station or city hall.

Read the law carefully and see if you did what's prohibited in it. Then ask yourself, "How could somebody prove that?"

That'll tell you what you're up against.
Bobberrific

Joined: Jun 13 2004
Posts: 557
Location: Wilkes-Barre


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:53 pm

well you figure, if there are no subs, it may seem like the officer who pulled him over may have embellished a bit. especially if there are no other aftermarket stereo items.
Goph

Joined: Feb 14 2003
Posts: 3822
Location: Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Moss wrote:
Goph wrote:
thestimp wrote:
BS Fight it. Law states only if its over 120Db can they issue a noise polution ticket. Other wise he did it just to be biznitch.


maybe where you live but not all over the US. the way i can think about fighting it and winning is to take the subs out and sell them to a good friend or brother or some one you trust for cheap with the understanding that you will buy them back after you fight it and make a receate for it also.


That is the lamest idea ever. Would never fly in Massachusetts, selling, hiding and taking equipment out would not effect the ticket. Its a noise violation ticket, not a Fix-It ticket. It would work if he had clear corners, and he swapped in the stock turn signals.


well i live in Iowa, you have no idea how many stupid people are judges and cops in this state.
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:20 pm

Okay, fine take the stuff out? by why would you need to get sell it and go through that whole big hassle?
Goph

Joined: Feb 14 2003
Posts: 3822
Location: Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:24 pm

Moss wrote:
Okay, fine take the stuff out? by why would you need to get sell it and go through that whole big hassle?


to show that you no longer have it so you can't just leave and put it in.
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:26 pm

What? are you trying to hide the fact that you had subs? or are you trying to prove that you had subs and that you sold them?
thestimp

Joined: Aug 22 2004
Posts: 156
Location: Naples, Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:56 pm

where the **** is this going? Goto court say sorry you were in a remote boondock waking up the birds and you'll never do it again. And your "selling" the car anyway.
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 pm

Its not a fix-it ticket...

I dont care if he takes out his stock stereo, he committed the crime, and who is the court gonna believe? the cop or some kid playing his music loud??

PAY THE TICKET!

dont listen to lame brained pipe dreams.
Ryan88

Joined: Aug 09 2004
Posts: 3516
Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:07 pm

120 dollars is rediculous just for a little music. horse ****
Optika1 illushun

Joined: Jun 09 2003
Posts: 1480
Location: Coal Region, Pa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:14 pm

face it u did wrong, make sure what the laws are if they have to be over a certain DB or so many feet. if it has to be over a certain db and they didnt meter it u have a chance, if it goes by ear ur screwed. just man up and pay the ticket.
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:45 pm

Optika1 illushun wrote:
face it u did wrong, make sure what the laws are if they have to be over a certain DB or so many feet. if it has to be over a certain db and they didnt meter it u have a chance, if it goes by ear ur screwed. just man up and pay the ticket.


X2
alienyoungjr

Joined: Apr 30 2004
Posts: 4654
Location: Texas


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 pm

Moss wrote:
Optika1 illushun wrote:
face it u did wrong, make sure what the laws are if they have to be over a certain DB or so many feet. if it has to be over a certain db and they didnt meter it u have a chance, if it goes by ear ur screwed. just man up and pay the ticket.


X2


X3
jol102001

Joined: Feb 12 2004
Posts: 5815
Location: Lake Charles, LA -- USA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:26 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
Moss wrote:
Optika1 illushun wrote:
face it u did wrong, make sure what the laws are if they have to be over a certain DB or so many feet. if it has to be over a certain db and they didnt meter it u have a chance, if it goes by ear ur screwed. just man up and pay the ticket.


X2


X3


X4
FatManDan

Joined: May 30 2004
Posts: 2766
Location: Roseville, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:01 am

x5 = everyone sez pay the ticket
jol102001

Joined: Feb 12 2004
Posts: 5815
Location: Lake Charles, LA -- USA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:09 am

Just remembered.... ya know alot of people go talk to the DA. Instead of going to a judge and arguing with the cop about the ticket...... if you can convience the DA differently then he will drop the ticket, eh? Tell me what ya'll think
Moss

Joined: Mar 23 2004
Posts: 6436


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:31 am

I dont think you argue with a cop in court, he committed a crime, its not like its questionable, he did it, they know it was him.

The DA won't care, he played his music loud.

PAY UP SUCKER!
FatManDan

Joined: May 30 2004
Posts: 2766
Location: Roseville, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:48 am

in detroit they make u pay a fine and listen to classical music
Kwonrae

Joined: Apr 27 2004
Posts: 2040
Location: Tulsa,OK


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:19 am

umm, i have an 8" pyramid subwoofer.

anyway, ive talked to some peeps around here and they said i don't stand a chance, so **** it, i dont feel like risking $25 for something that seems so impossible. i guess i will just keep my music down. . . . . .
ProjectRAGE

Joined: Mar 04 2003
Posts: 4504


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:00 pm

my friend got a loud music ticket, it was about 135...more than a seatbelt or stop sign ticket or speeding in most cases, i think the state has there ticket prices are wrong and some are ass backwards..

i jam my radio, i really dont give a **** what people think.....havenmt gotten one ticket yet...(knock on wood) but if i got one im gonna pay it cause it was my fault...god didnt turn my radio up with his magicical powers...
DragonJeep

Joined: Jul 20 2003
Posts: 3730
Location: Tampa, FL


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:42 pm

My music ticket was 42 bucs...
TechSys

Joined: Mar 21 2003
Posts: 288
Location: Jacksonville, Florida


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:48 pm

My ticket was $60 but I forgot to pay it and ended up having my DL suspended until I paid the ticket AND late fee... ended up being $160 for everything.
Taking the system out and selling it WILL NOT work. I tried.
My system was supposedly heard over 200ft away in a very noisy area with the system on volume 12. After I got the ticket, the cop told me he wouldn't have heard it IF the lady sitting on the porch a few houses away, didnt flag him over about my system.

In some states, after so many violations, they can (from what I am told) confiscate your system or vehicle.

basically what I am saying is admit your guilt, pay the ticket and go on with your life...but a little quieter in the future icon_smile.gif
Goph

Joined: Feb 14 2003
Posts: 3822
Location: Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:22 pm

damn, in one town it is like 150-200 for the first one and keep going up. I think it is the 3rd or 4th on they take your system. When I'm in a town that i don't know if they have a sound ordnance or not or i know they have one i keep it down because i don't want a ticket.
ProjectRAGE

Joined: Mar 04 2003
Posts: 4504


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:26 pm

200ft away still aint loud enuff, if im gonna get a noise violation i wanna bea heard for miles, then it would be worth the money to pay it..lol

if theres sucha thing biglaugh.gif
goinpro

Joined: Mar 11 2004
Posts: 363
Location: Granite Bay,California


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:01 pm

they was a post on noise violation that might help you at caraudio.com/vb....here is the link i found it very helpful....
worldindy1080

Joined: Sep 30 2004
Posts: 12


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:48 pm

i know in detroit and possibly metro detroit you can get it for 10 ft away. its real stupid seeings how i got 2 12" rockfords, i gotta keep em on the d/l
Optika1 illushun

Joined: Jun 09 2003
Posts: 1480
Location: Coal Region, Pa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:19 pm

watch out man, they're gunna rag on u for bringing up an old post... icon_rolleyes.gif
ProjectRAGE

Joined: Mar 04 2003
Posts: 4504


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:09 pm

i could see if the post was old old but bleh who cares, they'll get over it....its just the net
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 pm
Page 1 of 1