Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Turn signals/washer LEDs wiring diagrams

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue May 06, 2003 8:45 pm

finally! i finished these 3 wiring diagrams for hooking up washer LEDs to your turn signals.

You need a little knowledge of what the symbols mean, but I'll breifly describe them...

The turn signals are the arrows, and the two wires coming out of each turn signal are the power and ground wires. The washer LEDs are the little traingle things with two arrows coming out. Relays are the things with little coils and what looks like a switch. The things with the parallel lines that get smaller are where the wires are grounded (you can ground them all to the same place). Switches are pretty obvious. Resistors are the little squiggly lines, but most washer LEDs have resistors built in. If lines intersect but do not have a dot then they are not connected, only the ones that intersect with a dot are connected.

http://www.idecfixe.com/tom/streetglow/turnsignals2-Model.jpg

The top diagram is the most complicated, involving 4 relays. If you have the switch on then the washer LEDs will both constantly light until you turn on a turn signal, then the turn signal on the side you are turn will flash in phase (the both flash on and off at the same time) with the turn signals while the other side remains lit.

The middle diagram is the simplest. All it is is a switch (DTSP, double throw single pole?) between the power wires for the turn signals and the power wires for the washer LEDs. You can't turn the LEDs on constantly, they will only flash with the LEDs

The bottom diagram is similar to the top one but it only uses two relays, so the LEDs flash out of phase with the turn signals (when the turn signal is on the LED is off and vice versa)

There are so many different ways you could do this it's crazy. Basically the top one is the best solution but its the hardest and most complicated.

You could probably also use diodes and a 3 way switch on the middle one so you could also turn them on constant...but if they were on constant then they wouldn't flash with the turn signals.

There are even more ways but I've spent enough time on this already (4 days of my Auto-CAD class)

Good luck!
Hub City Glower

Post Wed May 07, 2003 5:38 am

great job even tho u exolained everything its still hard looking at it. thats y i used pictures in my diagrams. but really u did a great job one those. if i liekd the wiper led's i might try hookine them up to a 3 way switchso i could go between the top and the bottem ones.
joshmxpx

Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:05 pm

can you email me these pictures, they don't appear to be working on the server.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:15 pm

You should just AIM or email Cheesy...
Aken

Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:28 pm

If he's ALIVE. He's been gone forEVAR.
Goph

Post Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:51 pm

Aken wrote:
If he's ALIVE. He's been gone forEVAR.

where does he live now? i think he may have died now
joshmxpx

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:27 pm

does anyone have a copy of these pics, cheesy told me that he lost them when his server crashed, and i really would like to do the signal/washer leds out of phase thing.

please help!
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Page 1 of 1