Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Power Inverter...

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:05 pm

I was thinking about putting a fog machine in my car. What kind of power inverter should I get. I notice that they have peak and continuous power just like amplifiers. Say I were to get a 700 watt fog machine, would i need a 700 watt rms inverter?

Also, how would I go about hardwiring an inverter? Do I run the battery cables to the battery properly fused (of course) to the trunk with the inverter, then install a female plug to accept the fog machine? Plz help all, need this maybe in time for Halloween!
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:01 am

you need to get a 700 watt invertor with 1400watt peak. or the one I am going to get for my 700watt fogger is a 750watt and 1500watt peak. Remember peak is only momentarily and does not last more than a few seconds. The invertor will tell your fogger is to much for it.

Install: any invertor over 200watt has to be connected directly to you battery and most over that range come with the connections to do so. Run a power wire to your trunk from the battery. Connect that wire to the invertor and then run the ground wire. The fuse should be fairly big and the wire too.
Neon Mike

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:42 pm

I have a 750 watt 1500 watt max inverter in my truck. It runs a 700 watt fogger. I ran 8 awg wire from the battery to the inverter. ( I actually used an old set of jumper cables ). My inverter has fuses built in so I didn't need any extra fuses.
Optika1 illushun

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:01 pm

u will need a fuse about 60A. thats a lot of watts for a fog machine...remember to run at least 4awg wire.
getwired

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:08 pm

Just so happens I have a 4 awg amp wiring kit with a 50a or 60a inline fuse made by fosgate that I don't use any more. icon_biggrin.gif
Bobberrific

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:21 pm

Ok so I might buy a 450 watt fogger. So I should get a 500 watt converter...Do I need to fuse it at the battery if the converter has fuses in it?
Kwonrae

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:19 pm

Iv'e got a 700 watt rms Power inverter, and a FX fog machine that i took out of my car for sale if you want.

Both are in damn near mint condition, and still work

also,. i have quite a bit of fog juice left also.

if your interested lemme kno, i spent about $120 altogether, i would take $50 for it, the inerter wires up just like neon mike explained.
Optika1 illushun

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:54 pm

even if the fogger has a built in fuse, add one as close to the battery as possible. the main purpose of a fuse is to protect the system. keeping it as close to the battery as possible will protect everything, even the wiring.

id go with a 40A fuse. since that should spike u will be ok. 450W turns out to be about 32 amps so give it a little threshold =D
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 am
Page 1 of 1