Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Goin to court

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:09 pm

Well, ya know how i got that ticket the other day 57 in a 35. Called to see how much, and they said i have to go to court b/c its 20mph over. My court date is set Feb 28, 2005. If anyone has any suggestions(about the court, not speeding) please let me know. If you can tell me what to expect please let me know.

And dj... didn't you say something about car makers saying that its 1-2 mph off?? I think you did. If you can find it in writting, please please post a link. If i can prove it then i might not get in trouble for going over 20. They might just make me pay a fine.

Thanks to all in advance, now i'm off to search the web to see what i can find.
stasis-

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:14 pm

guy i know just got a ticket for 64 in a 35..so you arent the worst speeder out there icon_smile.gif
jol102001

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:59 pm

^^I know, but i'm worried about suspended license or some **** like that. And i don't want insurance to go up. I don't mind going to a traffic class or paying the ticket. And also i hate getting ***** at. He's gonna be sitting up there lecturing me. icon_evil.gif
GlowinToyota

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:44 pm

insurance will go up regardless so long as the ticket is on your record. i wouldnt worry about loosing your licence, ive had like 3 speeding tickets and ive still got mine. just go in and admit that you were wrong, sometimes that works
9sdime9

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:06 pm

hah..my friend did 113 in a 35 and got pulled over
DragonJeep

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:32 pm

He should have gone to jail!
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:39 pm

Or have his feet cut off!
stasis-

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:28 pm

If you are going over 100 don't you get arrested or something?
potato pusher

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:47 pm

not always
jol102001

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 am

Well, my g/f dad knows the da, and hes the guy that decides whether to prosecute (make me pay the ticket) or not. He can throw out any ticket he wants. He doesn't answer to the judge, only the mayor and someone else. So if my g/f dad goes talks to him he will more than likely get it fixed.
But one: he might not want to and make me learn a lesson
two: I'm never gonna hear the end of this one from him (stop speeding, slow down, why were you going that fast, etc)
Moss

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:18 pm

jol102001 wrote:

two: I'm never gonna hear the end of this one from him (stop speeding, slow down, why were you going that fast, etc)

agreed
jol102001

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:01 pm

Well practice makes perfect.... trying to break the habit.

For the past 3 days i have gone the speed limit to 4 over. I have to conciously think about it, but if been able to do it and i've been leaving earlier so i can make it on time. Hope this helps. I really think i learned my lesson this time.
Mav

Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:17 pm

I believe the law is something like 30 over the posted limit, and they can arrest you and impound your vehicle for reckless endangerment etc.. Don't remember what the speed was exactly, but it's something like that. It's at the cop's disgression however.
NeonStyl

Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:23 pm

Mav wrote:
I believe the law is something like 30 over the posted limit, and they can arrest you and impound your vehicle for reckless endangerment etc.. Don't remember what the speed was exactly, but it's something like that. It's at the cop's disgression however.

In Florida, if you ever double the posted speed limit they can arrest you on the spot and impound your vehicle. Typically, they don't do this, but again its one of those "at the officer's disgression" things.

Dunno if this holds true in other states as well tho.

L8R,
alienyoungjr

Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:04 pm

NeonStyl wrote:
Mav wrote:

In Florida, if you ever double the posted speed limit they can arrest you on the spot and impound your vehicle. Typically, they don't do this, but again its one of those "at the officer's disgression" things.

Dunno if this holds true in other states as well tho.

L8R,

Thats about the same in Texas and don't forget your immediatly arresteed for racing and you lose your license for a year, car impounded, and multiyude of fines, jail time, and community service. Wouldn't that be fun.
jol102001

Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:50 am

^^yeah, that one is major crap... i guess if i wanted to race i would go to the tracks.

It just sucks b/c i know in other places you don't have to go to court until its 35 over. If i'm not mistaken its the law of the jurisdiction.
rebekah2005

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:48 am

first of all, is it traffic court or regular court. if it's just traffic court, i would try to have them knock it down to 14 over because it's 2 less points (at least in wi). if it's regular court, i would have them give you an offer before you suggest anything. you usually get a pretty good deal if you have a good record.
jol102001

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:59 am

^^ We don't do points in LA?!?!
jol102001

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:13 pm

Well, i see the red bar that says don't bring it up unless you have a good reason... well i do. My court date is set for monday, BUT I GOT IT FIXED. Holy crap i was worried about it b/c it was cutting it close. My g/f dad brought it to a marshall and i don't have to go to court... it's not going on my record, i just have to pay $85 for court cost... which i will gladly do any day of the week. Just to let some of you know who didn't read it... i was going 57 in a 35 and anything over 20 you can be brought to jail and/or its maditory to see the judge. SWEET. I've learned my leason though. I've learned not to go over 20.... not.... biglaugh.gif ... i have actually been taking it easy and going the speedlimit.
Moss

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:43 pm

Good to hear. Just go slow, and be sure to glow. icon_cool.gif
02BlueStang

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:47 pm

sweet....I wish I could have gotten out of my ticket awhile back..I hate small towns icon_cry.gif
jol102001

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:23 pm

i just didn't want to go to court ... whoop whoop
Skill

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 pm

jol102001 wrote:
Well practice makes perfect.... trying to break the habit.

For the past 3 days i have gone the speed limit to 4 over. I have to conciously think about it, but if been able to do it and i've been leaving earlier so i can make it on time. Hope this helps. I really think i learned my lesson this time.

I learned my lesson when i got a ticket 6 months ago for going 19 over .. i deffered it and it costed me 137 bux to do that but it didn't go on my license as points or go to insurance, but if i would have gotten a ticket in the 6 monhts probationary period they would reinstate that ticket and count the one i just got and i wouldn't get a refund on the other so in other words i'd be paying both and they would count as points and on insurance.

Now i go no more then 5 over speed limit. I have a friend that his dad is a detective in indiana and he said if ur usually 1-7 over speed limit cops won't pull u over. And anywhere in 1-5 insurance won't count it usually anyway.
ProjectRAGE

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:59 pm

i just got back from court, another $150 thast i have to pay to a city court..it was my fault but still....the officer was there adn everything, i got told i wasnt dressed right for court by the judge... icon_cry.gif
TheBrick

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:41 pm

haha do you guys have the S-T-E-P-S Program there. Here NO MATTER how much over you can request steps before given the ticket and its 60 bucks cash upfront with no points, no anything. Just have to take a small class. Can only use it once every 12 months though.

That means say 90 in a 50. Do steps you get out of all the points, money, and everything else. Just have to pay 60 and take a small class. biglaugh.gif
02BlueStang

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:35 pm

traffic class rules for taking care of tickets....not to mention you can do it online now icon_cool.gif

I have 1 deferred ticket, 80 in a 60 icon_rolleyes.gif It was the freeway and I was keeping up with traffic but whatever, Probation period is a year and you cannot defer for another 7 years which really sucks....I still have my non moving violation deferral in my pocket though for a rainy day icon_cool.gif
taylor192

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:35 pm

TheBrick wrote:
haha do you guys have the S-T-E-P-S Program there. Here NO MATTER how much over you can request steps before given the ticket and its 60 bucks cash upfront with no points, no anything. Just have to take a small class. Can only use it once every 12 months though.

That means say 90 in a 50. Do steps you get out of all the points, money, and everything else. Just have to pay 60 and take a small class. biglaugh.gif

WTF u talking bout Willis? I'm assuming you're on the NY side of Niagara Falls...???

Up north we can easily go 20 kmph o ver the limit without hassle. Points only start at 15 kmph over and most officers are hestitant to give a ticket it is only a $50 fine. That being aid, if its a residential neighbourhood, school zone, or construction zones the fines triple and you lose points for even minor infractions. There's been so many speed traps lately in residential neighbourhoods...
TheBrick

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:49 pm

Ontario side my friend. I was told by an instructor 2 months ago excatly what I posted.
02BlueStang

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:50 pm

hehe silly European English icon_lol.gif
GlowinPontiac

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 pm

damn kph......if i was up there and saw "speed limit 100" id be doing 100MPH not kph biglaugh.gif
jethawk

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 pm

and on some roads people do that..... speed limit is 100 km/h on the 401... and i see cars from michighan and other states sometimes doing 160 km/h.. i know because ive followed them and used them as a radar shield icon_twisted.gif anyways around my area the points dont start till 20 km/h over (3 points).... and on the 401.. you can do 118 and cops wont bother you at all....
ProjectRAGE

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:06 pm

haha that would be halarious, people from up there are like damn these people are speeding...lmao

i wanna go on that one road (audiobahn) or whatever its called... icon_lol.gif since im a speed freak icon_cry.gif

hey kyle can you speed in your 6er? sorry i had to say it..ya im bored icon_lol.gif
jethawk

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:09 pm

the autobahn.... not audiobahn.... thats the sound company icon_rolleyes.gif
Moss

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:13 pm

55 stay alive. icon_cool.gif
ProjectRAGE

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:14 pm

jethawk wrote:
the autobahn.... not audiobahn.... thats the sound company icon_rolleyes.gif

thats what i meant...geeze...beat me up why dont ya for a mistake...i dont know why i typed audio..instead of auto icon_confused.gif

audio is on the brain
PhantomFE3

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:54 pm

autobahn is dangerous, you should only speed if your car is capable of speeding.

a rusted out beat up 1990 GEO prizm with 320,000 miles on it maxed out at 110 in 5th gear isnt safe for any extended period of time, your gonna hit a worm or a pebble and bite the dust or somethings gonna fold under the pressure and high speeds and it wont be pretty. would be kinda fun to see though, my guess is it would look something like one of those big beach balls bouncing down the highway kickin debris up everywhere for about half a mile, you get those things rollin pretty good and they dont stop too well
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm
Page 1 of 1