Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Emission

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:42 pm

Does anyone know if your exhaust piping after your converter makes a difference in your emission results?
Optika1 illushun

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:46 pm

generally no. as long as ur vehicle is equiped with the "stock" cat(s) and exits from under the car with a muffler ur ok.

most obd-2 (1996 +) they hook up the code scanner and check for the emmison devices, then some places hook up the sniffer or put ur car on a roller machine to duplicate real world driving situations. nothing to worry about as long as ur emmison control devices are still in place.
SkyyDragRx

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:36 am

my SRS light is also on. Will they make me fix whatever that problem is before passing me?
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:38 am

Generally Yes, but it depend what the code is. If the code involves something with your emissions than yes you will have to fix it but if its some other code than maybe not. Most places give you 15 days to fix a problem and get it reinspected for free but you will have to check in you area on that.
Optika1 illushun

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:19 pm

SRS is something with the airbag IIRC and u need it to be cleared. if u would have had an obd-1 car u could just take the bulb out or cover it. since ur obd-2 ur pretty much screwed as most shop (at least here in Pa) scan the computer for any CEL/MILs...
Moss

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:58 pm

There is always those dirty shops...

Look the other way on Tint, HIDs, Exhaust, Screens and Extreme High and low suspension.

In Mass, if you lift or drop your car 1 inch from stock height its considered illegeal...

icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
9sdime9

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 pm

HIDs are not illegal, and neither is tint in MA as long as the net VLT is 35% or greater. Also, you can alter your ride height 2" up or down from stock.

As for SRS...you might wanna get that checked out at least...airbags are handy
Moss

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:24 pm

Im talking about blue appearing HIDs, and I didnt specify the tint shade, I would assume the illegal kind of both, and I guess I was wrong on the ride height...
NeonStyl

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:57 am

I never found out if they passed a law against them or not, however the NHTSA was seriously looking into banning the aftermarket sale and installation of HID lighting systems, citing "glare" and "improper aiming" at major causes of automobile accidents at night. This, of course, would not affect OEM factory installed HID systems. Like I said tho, I don't know for sure if they did finally ban them or not... I should look back into that tho, now that I'm reminded of it.

As others have said tho... SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) is referring to your airbags, you should get that looked at by a qualified shop/dealer and mechanic. Florida no longer has emissions testing, but when they did years and years ago they would not pass you if you had a CEL (Check Engine Light) / SES (Service Engine Soon) light or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) of any sort. I'm sure there were those that just got pushed thru and some inspectors decided to "look the other way" tho.

EDIT > Also, about your original post... check to see if your vehicle has a "downstream" or after-the-cat O2 sensor. While this O2 sensor isn't going to affect the way the car drives or it's emissions, if it is malfunctioning it could set off a CEL. Not all cars have this second O2 sensor tho, so you would have to check for your particular vehicle.

L8R,
rebekah2005

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:39 am

not from my experience. what were you planning on doing
Optika1 illushun

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:16 pm

ALL OBD-2 (96 and newer except some cheby s-10s/sonomas) have upstream and downstream (before and after the cat). they are there to moniter the cats efficency. i can go on and on but im going to stop there.
NeonStyl

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:20 am

Optika1 illushun wrote:
ALL OBD-2 (96 and newer except some cheby s-10s/sonomas) have upstream and downstream (before and after the cat). they are there to moniter the cats efficency. i can go on and on but im going to stop there.

I know... I'm a bit of a wrench-head myself. I was simply stating that if his downstream O2 was missing or malfunctioning it could throw a CEL and cause him issues at the emissions testing place (atleast if they do it the same as they used to down here). That's probably nothing to worry about tho, as he didn't really mention anything about having a CEL, just his airbag light.

Best of luck, dood... L8R,
SkyyDragRx

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:49 am

My CEL isn't on just my SRS. The reason why my SRS light is on is because I grounded my car about a month ago and I think I zapped a circuit or something. It may just need a reset but it could be something a lot worse. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have them check it out. Hopfully this time I will get better service there. Last time I went I sat there for 30 minutes and no one even said "Hi" to me. So I left.
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Page 1 of 1