Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

lighted pedals

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:52 pm

are lighted pedals, legal or illegal in PA? cause no other drivers on the road can see them, i so i dont see why they would be labled as a distraction, so can u get a ticket for those or not?
Recon

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:54 pm

nah probably not,, I dont know if you got pulled over and a cop saw them, that would be illegal.. but I wouldnt see why they would be
GlowinPontiac

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:57 pm

heh im gonna find that out too as soon as i get my pedals installed.

but they should be ok as long as they dont light up the inside of the car too much.
ProjectRAGE

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:17 pm

i dont think theyd mess with you for that...he migth say something if you got pulled over for another reason tho, depends, he could be a **** and write you a ticket for it if he saw them
stasis-

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:34 pm

put a switch for them
pOrk

Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:45 am

ROFL

**** NO they aren't illegal. Whats that ticket gonna say? Goofy bastards
Recon

Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:53 am

biglaugh.gif
ProjectRAGE

Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:30 pm

"illegal lighted pedals"

pfffttt

good question on what the ticket or the cop would say icon_lol.gif
Mav

Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:04 pm

The most standard lighting regulations accross the board is usually "Any lighting, where the source of the light is visible by others outside the vehicle is illegal (for lighting inside your car)".

So no, floor pedals are not illegal. LED's inside your vents aren't illegal. A Cold Cathode lit on your dash is illegal. However cathodes under your dash lighting your floorboard isn't illegal. It's all about placement.

Just remember, even if you know for a fact that something you have is not illegal, don't be a **** to the cop that pulls you over for it.. he may not be able to get you for that, but there is a book thicker than a dictionary, in finer print than a dictionary, just full of different things he could find to write you up for. Just about every driver on the road does something illegal every 30 seconds to 1 minute.. half the drivers out there could probably be hit with enough penal codes to have their car impounded... Be careful what you say =)
02BlueStang

Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:07 pm

if you are a **** he could write you up for a "distraction of lighting emitting from a vehicle", most likely it would get thrown out in court after you brought up the lighting regulations etc, but you would still have to contest the ticket and go to court which wastes your time.....I would say you are fine as long as you cannot see the source of the light and nothing is flashing inside the vehicle (aka you turning it on and off to **** Mr. Piggy off) icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif
Moss

Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:19 pm

I had CCs under my seats. 2in front 2 in back. It was hella bright and reflected onto my rear windsheild roof, and side windows if driving on a dark road. Im sure the police would not approve. Its not about where the light is its where it shines. icon_cool.gif
Ryan88

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:22 pm

lol everythings illegal in PA, Since those pedals dont light up alot you should be fine. I would just put a switch on it just incase you get pulled over, than the dude can't ticket you for two things if he wanted to.

What part of PA are you from?
wilson

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:21 pm

i live in malvern, its like 30 minutes outside of philly.
The time now is Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 am
Page 1 of 1