Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Why Street glow sucks

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:10 am

for every one who doesnt know, my wife used to work at street glow,
as a purchasing agent, she revamed the entier, deptment, with her 8 years experince, and her boss was ( family)
once she had all the bugs worked out and had the purchasing dept runing corectly, like a big comanay should
they fired her for no reason, on a friday at 6;30

, and they never looked for a replacment,
, so i think sg , sucks
and dont like companies who use people,
they should have listed the job as a contract,
they told her that it was a long term postion,
LIARS.
heres more,

, 1/2 there new line i said they should get, 2 years ago,
at a company picnic, i talked to her boss and told him, my thoughts.
you now what her boss said,,
we cant have to many products ,
( im like are you serrious). (how will you expect to dominate the market,
if every one else is inovating and you sitting on your laurals), (the sg kit, is ok, but, SG has a name that is not realLy deserved, lite glow and the others have kits that are, almost as good, there is only a perception that street glow is better, theres no real reason, )
i said you should be into every thing and trying to captilizing on the name, ,
when jack ( who i like) bought the fast and furrious name sake,
how long did it take to put it into effect,
LOL,
the movie is over, 2 fast and 2 furios is out now, they totaly missed the tie in, , and lost so many sales to other companies,

, i also told them 2 years ago to start a racing divison,
with raceing seats, steering wheel, seat belt pads, intakes, shifters, and such,
I even sugested,doing neon glowing intakes with leds, so the air filter glows,
i showed him mine, wich i drilled on the very bottom, to fit a 9 inch mini, and should him how it glowed,
this would be a super hot item,
even if you just do it with honda civics, a glowing part, that actually improves proformance,
it would be a first,
Also
,, i asked her boss why no speaker rings,,
id swap mine for theirs, and show my support.
to many problems with them breaking,
i said, well the light-glow ones i have, i bought in 1990, and they still work,
just improve their design and go with that. ,
. i Also asked
, has any one thought of filling the leaxan tubes with clear slicone, image the ablity of that to asorb an impact, though a bit more expensive, its completey water proof, and much more break resistant.
Also
well, what about 10 inch- 12 inch semi 1/2 circles for wheel wells, every one wants that glow in / behind their wheels, if you can come up with something for that, it would sell,
, OH,
the items they did go ahead with,,
the radio bar,
the neon dice, i had in my car,
going with leds,
washer nozzels
LOl, they just probaly looked at what lite glow had and copied them,,
wow what great inovators,
im sure , some of the otheres you will see, ,,
you can bet on it.
, maybe me and phil will start a company,, and make all these things,, LOl,
Goph

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:49 am

yea i really don't like SG to much now because they don't like to warrenty any thing with out giving you the run around.
Aken

Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:11 am

I have no problem with Street Glow. Almost all of my products are theirs, minus my cathodes, which I might replace anyway. I haven't had any problems, nothing has broken for no reason or anything.

As long as you take care of your stuff and don't have a reason to return anything, you should be just fine.
PT-Turbo

Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:57 am

i had 8 broken tubes,
and they gave me a super hard time on the phone, saying i wasnt in the system,,
MY WIFE used to WORK THERE< wtf
i spent over 1000
and im not in the system,
sometimes,
Slap , slap slap,
Adam

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:32 am

Hey what can you expect from someone. he used to LOVE our products when he got them for employee cost, now that his wife got fired (and i have nothing against his wife, shes a real nice girl, we used to talk a lot), now he suddenly hates our products. Ironic isn't it.

Joe, ya know you used to be cool and all but lately you've been kncoking the company I work for and ya know it's starting to get to me, ya need to grow up man and just get on with it. Im not happy about Beca leaving the company either but thats not my call, and ya know now YOUR just getting on my nerves with all this BS talk about the company I work for. Acting like our products suck, which they don't otherwise we wouldnt be the best in the industry. Wow 8 broken tubes, good job, i've seen your install its nothing too perfect, why dont you show people how you installed them, im urprised you don't have more broken tubes. I've had ONE broken tube on both of my vehicles combined, and its because i went up a snow bank. Between my rodeo and my frontier, JUST THE ONE. ya gotta learn how to install tubes man. And if you think you have a better idea of how to run our company and design our products, go start your own neon company instead of crying on a public message board like a baby. As far as im cncerned now, any friendship we had is over, i don't wanna be bothered with you anymore
potato pusher

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:28 am

Well.... IMO

I used to love streetglow, used to... but seems lately they are starting to go downhill (just my opinion), at least where I am at, here in LA. They really do need new products, I am really starting to like the way Plasmaglow is already designing new stuff, and upgradeable stuff. Maybe SG will surprise us here soon... I really thought 2F2F would be the "door-opener" for new products and that Friday night the SG website would be jampacked with new stuff. Guess I was wrong. Hey, maybe they will release new stuff, until then, I am sticking with Plasmaglow. sleeping.gif
Skymonkey

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:34 am

In the words of a Famous King (Rodney King) Can't we all just Glow along? icon_lol.gif
Adam

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:42 am

Ya know people say they USED to like SG because we don't come out with anything and now your saying plasmaglow sells LED kits. Well Plasma glow is a new company, they dont even sell much. And frankly, has anybody even SEEN the plasma glow kit? I'm told its pretty cheezy, i've seen it around town at cruise nights and at glow-off events, it is actually pretty crappy. I thought "okay maybe the kid installed it wrong" but every LED kit i see produces basically no light and looks tacky, the led kits don't light up the entire undercarriage like a neon kit and if they do i'd like to see someones phtos of one. i've YET to see a photo other then direct from plasma glow, of the led undercar kit, can anybody else claim they've seen one?

Now SG doesnt just produce a product to get it out there, we came out with some LED products because people were demanding them, now we're working on cooler ideas, id LOVE to share them but i might get fired if i share them, but i cant wait till i get to beta test em, its gonna be awesome, my trucks gonna be doing some cool things. And we just came out with pro strobes and an HID convesion kit (which i use now and it rules). Bototm line, yeah we COULD come up with new products and launch them real quick, but then you guys would just complain that they suck and break. Everything hasta go through a test process at SG these days because we're not gonna be like everyone else and just produce somethin that breaks. Now believe my words or don't thats your choice, but i work for SG so i SEE what is going on these days. Trust me, you'll see some wild things soon icon_smile.gif
Goph

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:43 am

the real only thing i don't like is how much the normal SG neons are that is why most of my neons are there Optx brand ones because they are alot less. if you don't like SG buy PG if you don't like any of them go buy light glow but i know they suck.
Skymonkey

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:51 am

I bought both of my SG Gold Series kits for $130. or $140. each. That not a bad deal. And i got the LP Frames for $12.95 each. How much less do you expect to pay?
Adam

Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:40 am

Hey you get what you pay for, bottom line. Go spend $50 less on another kit, but i dont wanna hear about it when they break and you have a horrible time getting em replaced
TypeRBass

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:40 am

Adam wrote:
Hey you get what you pay for, bottom line. Go spend $50 less on another kit, but i dont wanna hear about it when they break and you have a horrible time getting em replaced

now imnot sayin anything bad about sg..i love sg...but yeah when i first put neons in my car i bought the cheapo pep boys ones....and the funny thing is they'e still running good after ohhhh 2 years or so. with no problems...eh....and yes i'd say the prices of the sg accent tubes are a littleoutrageous, well around here anyways....some shop was sellin like 10" sg accent tubes for like $35...i mean come on. i had to pay $200 for the ub kit, which im not complaining about...more shops around here have to start carrying streetglow....we only have one and they charge out the ass for everything.
vice

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:05 pm

Adam wrote:
.... i've YET to see a photo other then direct from plasma glow, of the led undercar kit....

alittle blurry but since i dont have the kit anymore i cant take anymore

there you go..pics of the LED that are not from plasmaglow..and yes they dont light up underneath as much as neon....and they would go out the side farther but the GFX on my truck block some but in person it went out about 3 feet which isnt too bad seeing as how the gfx blocked most of it
PT-Turbo

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:06 pm

Adam,
i think im entiteld to my oppion, right or wrong,
to trash any kind of friendship over oppions, doesnt seem fair,
you know i more than had my reasons, ,
and yes sg was great when i got them at employee cost,

i supported sg any way i could to every one i could. ,
but now because of my personaly situation, i am jaded,

should i have not said anything, <<

im tired of the undeserved reputaion SG has, and i said SO 2 years ago,
so thats no change, and in reality you know theres some truth to that.

but i understand you work there, and your supposed to suport them, its your pay check,
thats fine , i would expect no less,
I wrote this to vent
its not aimed at you,
if you dont want to be freinds
im sorry, i wish you wouldnt feel like that,
joe.
Goph

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:07 pm

that made a nice look with your tailpipes
vice

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:14 pm

Goph wrote:

huh??...are you talking about how the light reflects off the stainless steel??
Skymonkey

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:35 pm

vice wrote:
Goph wrote:

At first i thought you had some LED's mounted by your pipes, until i seen that the color changed each time the color of your UB changed. But it still looks good.
Goph

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:40 pm

vice wrote:
Goph wrote:

yea that would be it, did you ever sell the PG kit
vice

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:16 pm

yea a guy i work with has it now..its going on his golf cart...which will be sweet because i saw it last week...he has to put running boards on it so you have something to step on to get in...25" tires on that thing
Goph

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:38 pm

vice wrote:
yea a guy i work with has it now..its going on his golf cart...which will be sweet because i saw it last week...he has to put running boards on it so you have something to step on to get in...25" tires on that thing

25 how the hell do you put 25" tires on a golf cart, get us some pic of that thing if you can
vice

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:44 pm

the wheels are not 25".....the wheels and tires inflated are 25" but that is still huge..he painting it purple with yellwo flames...i'll see it on thr 4th of july..he should have it totally done then..i 'll get pics of it then and some glow pics of it too
Goph

Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:47 pm

yea but they are like 12" high on normal ones so they are real big to me
cheesy

Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:41 pm

Adam wrote:
Ya know people say they USED to like SG because we don't come out with anything and now your saying plasmaglow sells LED kits. Well Plasma glow is a new company, they dont even sell much. And frankly, has anybody even SEEN the plasma glow kit? I'm told its pretty cheezy, i've seen it around town at cruise nights and at glow-off events, it is actually pretty crappy. I thought "okay maybe the kid installed it wrong" but every LED kit i see produces basically no light and looks tacky, the led kits don't light up the entire undercarriage like a neon kit and if they do i'd like to see someones phtos of one. i've YET to see a photo other then direct from plasma glow, of the led undercar kit, can anybody else claim they've seen one?

Now SG doesnt just produce a product to get it out there, we came out with some LED products because people were demanding them, now we're working on cooler ideas, id LOVE to share them but i might get fired if i share them, but i cant wait till i get to beta test em, its gonna be awesome, my trucks gonna be doing some cool things. And we just came out with pro strobes and an HID convesion kit (which i use now and it rules). Bototm line, yeah we COULD come up with new products and launch them real quick, but then you guys would just complain that they suck and break. Everything hasta go through a test process at SG these days because we're not gonna be like everyone else and just produce somethin that breaks. Now believe my words or don't thats your choice, but i work for SG so i SEE what is going on these days. Trust me, you'll see some wild things soon icon_smile.gif

plasmaglow may have rushed the fusion kit, and yes, we did complain because there were problems, but in case you haven't noticed people are complaining about the lack of new SG products as well. yipee...you guy's released HID headlights and strobes that cost wayyyy more than the reputable competition (such as whelen). it's been months since PG released the fusion kit, and they've worked out all the problems that I know about, and we still haven't heard anything about any new exciting products from SG. other than the above post i haven't heard anything at all.

when SG releases some new products at competitive prices then we can talk
The time now is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 am
Page 1 of 1