Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

alero Wiring ?'s

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon May 30, 2005 7:28 pm

How would it be possible for me to put LED's behind my speedometer etc. to make them glow? Also when running wires to your battery is there other options or just better to go to your main battery and how would I do this? Will I have to drill or just go through a bunch of stuff?

Any Input will help Thanks
cardinalsfan

Post Mon May 30, 2005 8:30 pm

well, for the leds in the dash, just take the lights out and break them and sauter in the leds, thats the best way. about the power wire, just look for an existing hole or do what i do, drill one hole for the wire. nice and simple cause its where you want it and you know where it is. but look out for important things in the engine compartment you might drill into. you can also tap into other constant power wires depending on what you are powering...cathodes and neons leds are ok to do like that but NOT for amplifiers.
Avernus

Post Mon May 30, 2005 8:39 pm

if i were you i would get 8 double A's and tape em all up. then mount them on your roof and run 1 red positive wire threw your window and the black negative one up your muffler until your right under the middle of the passenger side floor mat. make a big hole and pull the wire threw. then just hook em up from there =) have fun.
alienyoungjr

Post Mon May 30, 2005 10:02 pm

gsnipe77 wrote:
How would it be possible for me to put LED's behind my speedometer etc. to make them glow? Also when running wires to your battery is there other options or just better to go to your main battery and how would I do this? Will I have to drill or just go through a bunch of stuff?

Any Input will help Thanks

I don't suggest soldering in lights, cause if you ever sell the car then the next guy has a pain in the a** to replace lights if/when they go out. Just replace them with the correct LED replacement bulbs, here is a great site to order them from http://www.ledsgalore.com/74.htm and http://www.ledsgalore.com/194.htm. That way if someone ever had to replace them they can easily remove the burnt out one with a new one, except LEDs last a really long time so that is very uinlikly to occur.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Mon May 30, 2005 11:09 pm

Screw the next guy! Think about you, and only you biglaugh.gif

Welcome gsnipe77 pirate.gif
jol102001

Post Tue May 31, 2005 12:24 am

Phil wrote:
Screw the next guy! Think about you, and only you biglaugh.gif

Welcome gsnipe77 pirate.gif

I SAW THAT PHIL!!!!!!!!
gsnipe77

Post Tue May 31, 2005 6:54 pm

Aight thanks guys...
gsnipe77

Post Tue May 31, 2005 6:57 pm

the only other ? is does that Glass pop off on the Speedometer area or do i have to go behind it or underneath it. Anybody KNow a good Alero Site with info on wiring etc.?
Floyd

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:45 am

Avernus wrote:
if i were you i would get 8 double A's and tape em all up. then mount them on your roof and run 1 red positive wire threw your window and the black negative one up your muffler until your right under the middle of the passenger side floor mat. make a big hole and pull the wire threw. then just hook em up from there =) have fun.

WTF? Please dont give wiring tips if you have no clue what to say.

Also gsnipe77, the whole cluster should come out all together. the only problem is finding out how to take it out. On my Neon you have to remove the dash and a few trim panels to get it out.
GlowinPontiac

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:00 pm

Floyd wrote:
Avernus wrote:

WTF? Please dont give wiring tips if you have no clue what to say.

Also gsnipe77, the whole cluster should come out all together. the only problem is finding out how to take it out. On my Neon you have to remove the dash and a few trim panels to get it out.

WOW. i really hope he was joking icon_eek.gif
Silentdawn

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:37 pm

if he wasnt, i wanna see his car...lol
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm
Page 1 of 1