Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

got caught

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:13 pm

I was driving through South Hampton NH and got pulled over for the neons icon_cry.gif ......i guess they really are illegal in MA and NH if anyone was wondering
steven_mckenz

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:16 pm

Hahaha. We have no problems like that in Nebraska. Everything neon-related is legal unless you can see the bulb. W00t! icon_biggrin.gif
cardinalsfan

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:27 pm

if it was the UB kit, i dont feel sorry for you....the inside CCs i do, that just sucks
Avernus

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:45 pm

time to invest in some tint. whats the damage to the wallet and what did he charge you with? did he make you take em out icon_neutral.gif . OH YEA 1 more ub kit or CC's?
stasis-

Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:53 pm

my random guess is illegal lighting ticket for the UB, between $50-100
anyways, sorry bout the tickets, but welcome to the forums. stick around
ProjectRAGE

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Thats just the price you pay for having neons on when you drive.....
Neon Mike

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:21 pm

stasis- wrote:
my random guess is illegal lighting ticket for the UB, between $50-100
anyways, sorry bout the tickets, but welcome to the forums. stick around

Actually depending on the color it could be closer to $300 or up. Regardless of color all aftermarket lights are illegal in NH and MA. Tint won't help any if your car has A.C. especially in MA. Anything over the factory A.C. tinted glass is illiegal as well.

Fight the ticket and tell the magistrate that you talked to the captain of the P.D. Tell the magistrate that he told you if you took them off and fought the ticket you'd be all set.

Then with a little luck, you might just avoid the ticket and surcharge if you're insured.
Avernus

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:28 pm

lumpy get back here so you can tell us what happend!!
Rags

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm

tell them to suck your **** and move somewhere where cops dont have to enforce such extreme laws.

btw i just heard about a group of "anti-thumpers" did a ralley or something a few cities over from me and were going on about banning ALL aftermarket audio equiptment. and if you can hear music or sound withing 50 ft of the car it should be illegal. i wish i would have known sooner so i could go drive by them about 5 times blasting Bassgasm all over their extremist conservative asses.
stasis-

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:39 pm

Rags wrote:
tell them to suck your **** and move somewhere where cops dont have to enforce such extreme laws.

btw i just heard about a group of "anti-thumpers" did a ralley or something a few cities over from me and were going on about banning ALL aftermarket audio equiptment. and if you can hear music or sound withing 50 ft of the car it should be illegal. i wish i would have known sooner so i could go drive by them about 5 times blasting Bassgasm all over their extremist conservative asses.

that would help the cause icon_rolleyes.gif
ProjectRAGE

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:13 pm

Thats what you call adding to the fire..Im sure they can hurt you alot more then you can hurt them..
lumpy

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:35 pm

i got a warning for all the lights....but i had a passanger in my truck....and i havent had my license long enough to drive people....so i got a 70$ ticket and lost my license for 30 days.....i guess it could have been worse though
9sdime9

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:48 pm

That wasn't too smart.

Where in MA where you?
Was it cathodes or a UB?
Local or Statie?
jol102001

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:00 pm

well, i would have rather a $125 glow ticket and no suspended license.
Avernus

Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:11 pm

yea that would suck. =(
lumpy

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:40 am

it was a local south hampton cop...
lumpy

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:41 am

it was for the UB and the cathodes...i had all of my lights on
Avernus

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:31 am

the ub is what you got caught for actually the cc's were just some extra. hehe
p8ntballah413

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:07 pm

i live in mass as well, ive had cc's in my care for a while now, i have washer lights as well, ive never had a problem with them, a local cop here told me as long as they arnt red, blue or flashing your fine.....but it didnt pass inspection...bastards
jethawk

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:34 pm

hahaha at first when i read the passenger part i thought it said you had one in your trunk... then re-read it and saw it was truck... and i HATE when people blame **** like this on the cops....1. YOU KNOW their illegal.. so everytime you drive around with them on...your taking a risk at getting caught...you lost this time... next time when you drive... be responsible and turn them off.... #2.. you cant hate the cops for it either.... he was probably a highway and traffic act cop... so enforcing those laws are his job... so when people say they should really be inforcing real crimes... a crime is a crime...big or small... he's just doing his job... just like you do everyday when you work...(if you do) anyways i know some of this stuff is irrealavent to the original post.. i just felt like commenting
GlowinPontiac

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:11 pm

I just cant imagine having to go through an inspection wher they would harass me for neons. im glad CT did away with most safety inspections.
IceDog

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:29 pm

I got a fix it ticket for my flowlights about two months ago. I took my lights off and then drove to the inspection office. The **** ******* cop walked outside to my car and asked where are the lights. I said I took them off and you can see for yourself. He told me he won't get down on his knees to check and the office doesn't have a lift. So I had to drive back home (which is a twenty-five minute drive) and then back to the office. He just took a glance at the lights in my hand and signed my ticket. AFter that, I went to in court with my father(because I am a minor), payed ten dollar court fee and the case was dismissed.

So....
the tickets are not that bad for me.
Im thinking about buying some broken tubes to fool the **** CHP officer next time. Screw taking them off.
As for court, its only two hours out of my schedule. The glow is worth it!
Silentdawn

Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:42 am

I hope I don't have to take my lights off once i go in for inspections.
pvtgrif

Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:27 pm

I live in western MA and about a month ago i was pulled over with my old ub kit on, I knew it was illegal so I just told the cop I knew that and I turned it on while driving just because I'm an ass who feels like certian laws don't apply to me. He said that was one of the very very few times he's got an honest response so he let me off wtih a verbal warning. Two weeks later, same situation, different cop. This time, instead, I told him that the kit was busted and it goes on and off randomly and unless I lean out of the car while driving, I can't tell if it's on or off, and I'm only out at night to go pick up my little brother. Again, the cop bought it and gave me a warning.

So in my experience, I think it's best to be either honest about it, or just say your underbody system is crap and you're having problems with it and didn't think it was on (unless of course you have an icdled ufo system, it might be a bit harder to convince a cop that system is crap), and you should be out of a ticket in no time, unless the cop is a real hardass.

Bottom line is, I know it's illegal, but I feel like a few glowing tubes under my car aren't the end of the world, and police officers shouldn't spend their valuable time dealing with issues like this. Unless the lights are red or blue (emergency colors) leave me alone.
aquariuskid2001

Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:34 pm

everyone should just move to south fl.. everytime i go to lauderdale,its all kinds of glow even red and blue.. , ive never had a problem with my green.., cops dont really care, too much other stuff for them to deal with.. and the best part.... we dont have inspections... icon_twisted.gif
ProjectRAGE

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:05 am

thats some messed up **** if someone had to take there glow off for inspections, glad indiana dont have stupid laws like that....
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:19 am
Page 1 of 1