Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

LED Strips and Dome Light Dimming

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:27 pm

In my car, my dome lights slowly fade out after a door is closed. I want to wire up LED strips in the footwells to come on with the dome lights. I.E. Whenever a door is opened or the unlock button on the fob is pushed. I already know the location in the fuse box to tap into the interior light circuit. However the dome lights are controlled on both the positive and negative/ground side. What I want to do is tap into this circuit but also have a seperate switch to turn on the footwell LED lights I want to add. I believe I would need a relay and diodes to prevent the switch from backfeeding current into the dome lights and blowing fuses. How would I wire this up and what would I need? Diagram? Thank you.
PwrRngr

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Search the forums first. I know mx107 and I have gone over this several times. Try the "Installation" section. If you can't find the answer to your question or you have further questions ask away.
mx107marlin

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:43 pm

https://www.oznium.com/forum/topic15422

Same exact diagram as you would need....read everything there, and if you have any questions please post in that thread... it'd make my (and PwrRngr's) life a lot easier if all of the questions about the same thing were in one topic...

Oh, and Welcome to OZ ozzy_change.gif

We really are nice, it's just that we've had a barrage of these questions lately... apparently it's the new trend, and they're all essentially done the same way...
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 am
Page 1 of 1