Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Remote Controlled Blinds Opener/Closer

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Not related to lighting but..

I was looking around at instructables.com and saw a project how to make an automatic blind opener/closer. Reading into it, it was automatic in the sense that when it was daytime they would open, and when it was night, they would close. It had to do with microcontrollers and some stuff that I'm not familiar with so I said screw it.

However, there must be a way to simply attach a motor to blinds and have it turn one way (just enough to open the blinds) when it gets power, and have it turn the other way (to close the blinds) possibly when its polarity is reversed.

Anyone have any ideas how I could go about wiring this up? Ideally, I'd like to use an oznium remote to open/close the blinds.

My basic thinking would be clamp/attach the turning part of a motor to the clear stick that opens/closes the blinds and give it power. Turn it on/off by the oznium remote. So I guess I'm just not sure how I would go about finding the right motor to do this. Kind of a random thought, but I figured some of you guys are pretty good with electronics.

Thanks
Tat2Dragons

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Take a look around this store.icon_cool.gif
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/400/Motors/1.html
^^They sell various kinds of motors and such that could be of help with your project. icon_smile.gif
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm
Page 1 of 1