Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Wiring LED strip through door trigger dome light supervision

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 pm

I have a 2003 Land Rover Freelander. I want to add a short strip of Red LED's to each door, which actuate when the door is opened.....off when the door is closed. Tapping into the door latch trigger wire controlling dome light supervision seems like the correct way to to achieve this. I want each LED to come on independent of the others. ie: Backseat left side passenger opens his door, the red LED's on that door comes on, with the interior dome & courtesy lights.....but ONLY the red LED's on the open door are on.....LED's on closed doors are off.
1. Is this possible, or do I have to accept all the red LED's coming on if just one door is opened.
2. Which wire.....what color is the wire... from the door latch trigger also controlling dome light supervision that I would tap into for my "hot". A table of wire associations for my vehicle says "Purple/Grey & Purple/White. So, both wires spliced to the positive LED wire.....or just one? If just one, which is it?

fyi: These red LED's are for the safety of bicyclists to prevent "dooring": the collision of bicyclist and open car door, the most common traffic accident in cities with high-volume bicycle and auto traffic.
bad venge

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 am

First you need the wiring diagram of the vehicle and see if the door switches are positive or negative triggered. (most are negative triggered) Second you have to see if they are all wired together (most are) so that makes your quest for only the open door to come on harder.

The easist would be to install individual door triggers :
https://www.oznium.com/switches/pin-switch
Then use those to lighht the LEDs
The time now is Wed May 23, 2018 10:52 pm
Page 1 of 1