LED Product Customization: Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, and ProductionWhether you want to design a new product from the ground up or simply change a few characteristics of an existing product, we're here to help.
Simple Product CustomizationWe can make simple changes such as:
- Different packaging
- Different colors
- Different sizes
Some examples of past projects:
- For an artist, we changed the standard 6-inch red and black wires on our pre-wired LEDs to custom clear wire with a 2-foot length
- For a non-profit robotics competition, we customized the packaging of our CCFL tubes to improve efficiency in creating lighting kits for over 1000 teams
- For a chair manufacturer, we made a custom extrusion mold to change the shape of LED Rope Lights
Advanced Product DesignWe offer "from the ground up" full OEM design, to take your concept to reality:
- 3D modeling, injection molds, CNC design
- PCB circuit design
- Light optics, heat and power management
Full Product Design and EngineeringWe can handle the whole engineering and production process.
Our industrial, electrical, and software engineers can quickly prototype your product ideas.
Lead Time?If its something simple, we can turn it around quickly, sometimes in as little as one day.
Complex projects requiring engineering design, custom molds and such usually take a month or so.
Minimum Order?There's no set minimum order size.
In-house Manufacturing CapabilitiesOznium isn't just an online retailer. We make many of our own products and enjoy the challenge of helping you take your ideas from concept to a finished product. With our own fully-equipped and fully staffed production facility we're ready when you are.
- Evest EML-61D (Pick and Place SMT machine capable of placing 13,000 components per hour)
- Reflow-X8 (8-zone lead-free reflow oven)
- Integrating sphere for measuring lumens, wavelength, color temperature, etc
- CNC machine
- Glue & epoxy injection equipment
More About Oznium's ManufacturingOur main philosophy is quality, meaning uniformity within the specification. Its not just a matter of bullying contract manufacturers to "improve quality, or else!". Quality must be built into the system, including the culture of the production team. We implement automation, inventory control, and quality control throughout our production process.
We get really excited by continuously improving our processes, whether through the 5S methodology (Sorting, Streamlining workflows, Systematic cleaning, Standardizing, and Sustaining), or the concept of poka-yoke, a Japanese term that means "mistake-proofing". A poka-yoke is any mechanism in a lean manufacturing process that helps an equipment operator avoid mistakes. Its purpose is simply to eliminate product defects by preventing, correcting, or drawing attention to human errors as they occur.
Here's a recent project. This quick video takes you from concept to finished product, through the various manufacturing steps: